Other Nationalities: Curacao
260.png

Height: 169cm
Position: Defender - Left-Back
Foot: Left
Player Agent: HCM Sports Management
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2026
Contract Option: Club Option 1 Year​

The fact that we're in the market for LBs isn't good news regarding Malacia. Must be serious doubts that he can recover after a year out

I hope he’s ok. Actually worried it’s more than just an injury at this point.

The fact that we're in the market for LBs isn't good news regarding Malacia. Must be serious doubts that he can recover after a year out
I guess the club doesn't really have a choice: after the #1 and #2 LBs were out for (very) large parts of the seasons, they can't really gamble on both being back reliably at their previous level come August. Worst case scenario is then that that does happen while they did already buy a new LB - which would be a luxury problem - and which could still be resolved by loaninh out someone at the end of the window or in the winter window, or using Shaw at LCB more often.

That Muppeteers dude on Phil de Bruin's pod was talking about a botched operation, speculating that he could just be completely fecked. He's been out for 14 months, which they said is practically unheard of in football, including the ACLs and that.

Has there been any update? Does it not make total sense to loan him out to a side where he can slowly build his fitness in a less pressurised environment and see if he still has a football career (if that bit about his op is true)?

At least he didn't cost that much. Must be very frustrating for him but yeah this sounds like a lost cause.

58:38 Make this what you want but we may never see him play 100% because his knee will never be the same

These comments are really scattered, but when he says “he picked his own surgeon” he’s talking about Malacia, right? Because he’d already started talking about Luke Shaw at that point.

Yes, I remember it has been reported before in the past.

United suggested a surgeon for his knee problem but he declined and chose his own surgeon who made his injury worse it seems

Last edited:
How did he get such a horrific injury anyway? Being out for over a calendar year and missing an entire season is really bad.

It's the same part of the knee that plagued Phil Jones. If he had his meniscus removed, like Jones did, then he's never playing professional football regularly again because his knee is rubbing bone on bone.

58:38 Make this what you want but we may never see him play 100% because his knee will never be the same

These comments are really scattered, but when he says “he picked his own surgeon” he’s talking about Malacia, right? Because he’d already started talking about Luke Shaw at that point.

Sadly he's probably done. We'll help him rehab then find him a new club.

Should send him on a low intensity league for 6 months, so to regain fitness and confidence. Being injured for more than a year must be mentally devastating.

Good to hear he is back at Carrington.

Still no update on what injury / illness he had.

Shocked to read that he mad as many as 39 appearances.

Should send him on a low intensity league for 6 months, so to regain fitness and confidence. Being injured for more than a year must be mentally devastating.

Not sure about that, what matters is his self confidence in his own body, if he can train fully with the team especially in the pre season then he could be counted on for the season, he isnt the first player to return from a long term injury.

Welcome back, though I think he maybe done here. Hope he proves me completely wrong.

Delighted he is back in training. It must have been a very difficult period for him and hope he can make up for lost time. Don’t know if he can get back to the level he was playing at but hope he can.

Good to hear he is back at Carrington.

Still no update on what injury / illness he had.

Shocked to read that he mad as many as 39 appearances.

In the first season he supposedly managed an injury with pain killing injections. He then had meniscus surgery, United wanted him to use a surgeon in London and he preferred to use one in the Netherlands. Whilst the club agreed to him having it done in the Netherlands, he travelled and had the operation without getting the go ahead. It was then found he had fragments left after the op, so when he should have begun his rehab for the injury he had to have another op.

In the first season he supposedly managed an injury with pain killing injections. He then had meniscus surgery, United wanted him to use a surgeon in London and he preferred to use one in the Netherlands. Whilst the club agreed to him having it done in the Netherlands, he travelled and had the operation without getting the go ahead. It was then found he had fragments left after the op, so when he should have begun his rehab for the injury he had to have another op.

Wow, bit of a mess then.
Must be complicated in terms of costs and I’m assuming an insurance claim.

I actually liked what he brought in his first season and thought he was a bargain for £13m. Not starter quality but more than capable of playing a back up role. Hopefully he can get back to that level.

I actually liked what he brought in his first season and thought he was a bargain for £13m. Not starter quality but more than capable of playing a back up role. Hopefully he can get back to that level.

Agreed. He can be a very good left back for us, but a lot of patience is needed for him, considering everything. I hope he has a future at United.