Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true, £14m is a good fee, I guess. I was afraid we'd actually succumb to their alleged £20m demands.

£14 million seems fair. Not sure I believe it though. It's the Mail, and it's 12:30am. Odd time to break a story like that.

Fecks sake.

Just so you know, we just bought a player who was 3rd choice for us.

Don't really care much about this signing. Our most pressing need is quality in CM, Blind hardly qualifies as that, from what I've seen of him he's hardly an upgrade from what we already have.

At that fee it's very good business! We still need another CM though, Carvalho would be nice.

For that sort of price, i'm pretty pleased with Blind. He knows LVG and his system. It'll just be interesting to see how he's used, CDM or LB?

He isn't. He's a utility player who can fill gaps till we get exactly what we need. He's also not a bad player in his own right. He's certainly better than every midfielder we have, bar Carrick and Hererra.

We don't need any more utility players, we have 3 LB options and as a CM he's too slow and weak for the PL.

Don't you feel anything?

3rd/4th choice on a list of midfielders is not good enough. We need world class midfielders, we can't afford to get a half-decent midfielder (plays 2 positions) when we don't even have a World class midfielder.

Our whole midfielder is even more mediocre than before. Herrera/Carrick are the onlys that are decent.

Good addition to the squad. Tidy little player that can be a quick fix in 2-3 positions. Heir to O'Shea's throne and United's very own Großkreutz.

PS : @Herman Van Rompuy must be delighted with this signing ! :D

If he can be the ideal utility man, 14 million is an okay fee. But by that, I mean, he should be able to play in different roles well and not just do a mediocre job.

For that sort of price, i'm pretty pleased with Blind. He knows LVG and his system. It'll just be interesting to see how he's used, CDM or LB?
CDM without a doubt, Shaw is pretty much nailed on starting LB.

Don't you feel anything?

3rd/4th choice on a list of midfielders is not good enough. We need world class midfielders, we can't afford to get a half-decent midfielder (plays 2 positions) when we don't even have a World class midfielder.

Our whole midfielder is even more mediocre than before. Herrera/Carrick are the onlys that are decent.

Yeah, lets sign Vidal who is unavailable. How about Schweinsteiger? Not available either? Riiiiiight.

Don't you feel anything?

Jeez, give the guy a chance before he arrives here.

Everyone wanted a world class midfielder. Sadly the targets we want have dodgy knees or are injured.

Brilliant news. I don't know how anybody can act all huffy when we're signing a DM. HE'S A DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER!

Plus, I still think we'll get someone else in.

Status
Not open for further replies.