Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to do with his pride. Who would you have player at full back in the last game? Valencia and Young? We can't play a normal 4 man defence unless we have actual fullbacks, and they're all injured. Against Burnley we'll have Rojo available so he can play left back, but we still don't have a right back, so while we might change, it's not guaranteed. Only option is playing Jones - Evans - Blackett - Rojo in defence, but after todays showing Evans shouldn't be near the team.
Why cause yourself a headache, just change to a similar 4-3-3 as LB/RB are easier than wing backs. Our Defenders are clearly not capable of passing from the back and are also not capable to play wing back(Shaw is young and is still learning).

Why cause yourself a headache, just change to a similar 4-3-3 as LB/RB are easier than wing backs. Our Defenders are clearly not capable of passing from the back and are also not capable to play wing back(Shaw is young and is still learning).
Yes, but again, who the hell would we play at fullback? They're all injured which is why Van Gaal was forced to use the 3-5-2 last 2 games, even if he was trying to teach us it during pre season. Whether he would have played it or not is a bit irrelevant, we had no choice considering the injuries. It was like when Fergie played 3 at the back a couple of times when we had ridiculous injury problems.

Telegraph reliable? I usually tend to ignore all British media outlets unless its Sky or BBC.

Was RT'ed onto my timeline, didn't notice the first tweet until i'd posted it.
Saw a few people use it as a ''source'' to speculation, so thought i'd share and translate it.

But hey, sorry for doing so, i'll just delete it ..

No problem. :)

#Juve. The odd day of a shady #Vidal and the blitz of its agent in Manchester. Back to the voice of an offer #United #gds

I think it is guess work, there is 5 days left on transfer window-if man utd were to go after him, it would be in the next two days?

Honestly it seems like either the journalists has been briefed something from a well placed source (since most ran with similar stories yesterday(?)) or as you say: could be guesswork after he name dropped Vidal after the Sunderland game.

It should be made tomorrow morning, not in a couple of days.

If I had to guess, I would say negotiations are ongoing. We didn't make an offer for Di Maria until late on. Fee was agreed shortly thereafter. But it was clear that the clubs had been talking for a little while and all the other details had been pre-arranged. The offer is just a formality I believe. They'll strike an understanding and then United will send through a bid close to what Juve have said they wanted. That sparks the last little piece of negotiation. I very much doubt a bid will be submitted at this stage unless there is a reasonable understanding reached before hand. Quite clearly Juve are open to selling. They talked endlessly about it all summer. It might be different if this was a hostile approach for a player they are desperate to keep, but I strongly believe that all the public noise regarding them wanting to keep him is just PR.

Vidals agent follows that journo on twitter, for what it's worth.

This needs to happen. The arrival of Vidal and Di Maria in a 4-3-3 would shake this club up.

Someone make some sense of this ?

He's a Gazzetta journalist.

My italian is dodgy, but from what i can make of it:
The beginning part ''The odd day of a shady #Vidal and the blitz of its agent in Manchester.'' just sums up the story of Vidal and Manchester United so far.

Then ends by saying that the ''voices'' are back about an offer from United for Vidal.

Italian fans in general seem to think Laudisa is the most reliable Journalist working for Gazetta.
I wouldn't trust anyone in Italy apart from Di Marzio. Until he speaks, sit back and relax.

Last edited:
We NEED to move for Vidal soon. Either that, or get De Jong in to tie us over until January. We can't go on like this in midfield any longer.

I would trust anyone in Italy apart from Di Marzio. Until he speaks, sit back and relax.
Laudisa is a top Journo mate from what i've been told. Just trying to figure out what he said in his tweet cause Google translate is very poor.

I really feel that, that Ogden thing about Vidal is a bit dodgy tho, if he had solid information about it (and not just speculation), why would he put it inside an article about Di Maria?
Surely that'd be more than enough to make a separate article about.

I really feel that, that Ogden thing about Vidal is a bit dodgy tho, if he had solid information about it (and not just speculation), why would he put it inside an article about Di Maria?
Surely that'd be more than enough to make a separate article about.

Didn't he do a similar thing with the whole Luke Shaw saga? I don't seem to remember him writing a full article about it, other than a paragraph in an article relating something else.

Italian fans in general seem to think Laudisa is the most reliable Journalist working for Gazetta.

I agree. They also think La Stampa Max Nerozzi is the closest journalist to Juve since he's Turin based and apparently very well connected with Juve.

I actually look for Vidal tweets quoting this guy.

I agree. They also think La Stampa Max Nerozzi is the closest journalist to Juve since he's Turin based and apparently very well connected with Juve.

I actually look for Vidal tweets quoting this guy.
Nerozzi is a very good Journo on Juve there's no question about that.

Carlo Laudisa is also followed by Fernando Felicevich on Twitter who is Vidal's Agent.

I still don't understand what tweet means tbh.
there's talk of an offer from United coming in. "the strange day of a sneaky Vidal and his agent who made a blitz in Manchester"

That's a translation from a Juve fan on Twitter, seems like Laudisa is very cryptic with his tweet.

I'd say they're possibly the tier below BBC.. miles better than the Daily Mail etc.

The United hacks at the Mail have the same sources as those at the Telegraph, let's not make things up. The Mail is a hideous newspaper, but their sports writers are nothing short of fantastic.

I never thought the start to this season would be so depressing! Even the league cup managed to be a dampner on the Di Maria signing!

FFS, doubt anyone saw this coming 2 weeks ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.