Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ozil to Arsenal makes me feel sick. We should have been in there, we are crying out for some invention up top.

Carzola, Ozil and walcott are going to take some beating, don't worry we have got sidewards Cleverly on the case.

Why on earth would Ozil want to go to Arsenal?

starting place, Champions League, strong league etc. Maybe lack of other options too. If the choice is between PSG and Arsenal, he'd go to Arsenal if he has some sense in his head.

"Advanced discussions" is this window's "agreed in principle".

We have Giggs and I've heard Jones can play in the hole if required as well :drool:

Oh dear god :(, what a sad conclusion to an important window. Failure to sign a midfielder and going into a season with Jones and Giggs as back ups in the middle.

players like Ozil don't normally become available and I find it hard to beleive Moyes turned him down.

Carzola, Ozil and walcott are going to take some beating, don't worry we have got sidewards Cleverly on the case.

Kagawa, Rooney and Nani isn't too bad though, thankfully :smirk:
Ozil is obviously a fantastic player but I'd only take him if we were selling Rooney. What's the point in having Rooney, Kagawa and Ozil fight for the same position? You can't have 3 world class/ potential world class players for 1 position.
Now how I wish we'd just spend over the odds on someone like Herrera and just bring him in, even if it takes 40mil so we don't have to deal with the release clause problems.

If we were to buy Ozil, does he solve our midfield problem? Where would he play, and in place of who?

All 3 could play together just behind RvP with little to no problem. Gutted if he's available and we weren't in for him, he's generally a world class player.

Kagawa, Rooney and Nani isn't too bad though, thankfully :smirk:
Ozil is obviously a fantastic player but I'd only take him if we were selling Rooney. What's the point in having Rooney, Kagawa and Ozil fight for the same position? You can't have 3 world class/ potential world class players for 1 position.
Now how I wish we'd just spend over the odds on someone like Herrera and just bring him in, even if it takes 40mil so we don't have to deal with the release clause problems.

If we play 3 in behind RvP then he'd start and Kagawa and Nani would compete for the other spot.

If we were to buy Ozil, does he solve our midfield problem? Where would he play, and in place of who?

We'd need to drop Young or Giggs so there's no chance we'd be in for him. cnut comments aside I don't see why a Chelsea like set up wouldn't work.

Ozil - Rooney - Kagawa
- - - - - - RvP- - - - -

In fact that looks scary as feck imo and would probably be one of the most exciting attacking setups in years. It won't happen though.

Fellaini and Ozil is a very good pair of signings.

Won't happen for us though I fear

We'd need to drop Young or Giggs so there's no chance we'd be in for him. cnut comments aside I don't see why a Chelsea like set up wouldn't work.

Ozil - Rooney - Kagawa
- - - - - - RvP- - - - -

In fact that looks scary as feck imo and would probably be one of the most exciting attacking setups in years. It won't happen though.

Thank god for that. It looks a little top heavy.

If we get Ozil, it means Rooney will spend time on the left again, or, hopefully, on the bench...which is why I doubt we'd be after Ozil

Probably from the same types who are still betting on Ronaldo to us!

As for Ozil, could anyone really see us playing him, Rooney and Kagawa behind VP?

We'd have to play it all through the middle, and it'd be intricate tight passing. Couldn't see it

----------------- DDG -------------------

Rafael ------ Rio -------- Vidic ----- EVRA

----------- Carrick ----- Fellaini ----------

---- 1 -----------2 -------------- 3

----------------4 ------------------------

Players for 1 2 3 4 =

Nani
Tony
Ozil
Rooney (although I hope we sell him tomorrow)
Kagawa
Giggs
Welbeck
Rvp
Chicharito
Adnan

2 things. 1 we're not getting Ozil he's about to sign for Arsenal and 2 this is a twitter thread not a general discussion thread.

----------------- DDG -------------------

Rafael ------ Rio -------- Vidic ----- EVRA

----------- Carrick ----- Fellaini ----------

---- 1 -----------2 -------------- 3

----------------4 ------------------------

Players for 1 2 3 4 =

Nani
Tony
Ozil
Rooney (although I hope we sell him tomorrow)
Kagawa
Giggs
Welbeck
Rvp
Chicharito
Adnan

You're mad if you want to offload Rooney.

Remember at Everton Moyes rarely used wingers. Used inside attacking midfielders a lot of the time, which makes it all the more baffling that Kagawa can't get a game but probably sheds some light on the repeated preference of Giggs and Young. I reckon he'd love the thought of Ozil.

Alright then

Fecking stupid if we were outbidded for wages by a club that won't offer more than £100,000 a week. Outrageous.

Living costs are less in Manchester is probably the logic behind EdWoods offer

Remember at Everton Moyes rarely used wingers. Used inside attacking midfielders a lot of the time, which makes it all the more baffling that Kagawa can't get a game but probably sheds some light on the repeated preference of Giggs and Young. I reckon he'd love the thought of Ozil.

I said the same. Kagawa, Rooney, Ozil. Pretty much ideal creativity right there with wingers to come in when the game is stretched.

Status
Not open for further replies.