Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to Buttner, he was a cheap signing that did a job when he got the chance. He seemed to be a likeable character around the squad as well. He's good at going forward he will probably be brilliant in the Turkish league.

Apparently they were one of the first to report Thiago to Bayern. Not got a clue about anything else though.

Remarkable behavior all summer by United. If the clause is €36m what's the point of offering less.

Well I'd say that because Bilbao aren't a financial powerhouse, there's every chance they'd settle for less. There is no problem in going in at 30m with a view to increasing if need be. Personally, I refuse to believe any of these rumours coming out now. I've been well and truly expunged of any muppetry this summer.

Would we really be so stupid to bid 6 million euros less than the buyout clause? What's the fecking point?

Well I'd say that because Bilbao aren't a financial powerhouse, there's every chance they'd settle for less. There is no problem in going in at 30m with a view to increasing if need be. Personally, I refuse to believe any of these rumours coming out now. I've been well and truly expunged of any muppetry this summer.

Did you pay attention to the Martinez or Llorente saga? Both which seemed to be dragged on.

Bilbao are pretty much a tough club to get players off.

Did you pay attention to the Martinez or Llorente saga? Both which seemed to be dragged on.

Bilbao are pretty much a tough club to get players off.

You're right, probably because they have such a limited pool of players to choose from as replacements. I just don't see how bidding 30m for Ander Herrera can be seen as being tight, there's no point paying more than they'd ask for him.

He seems to have 2 options; go to one of the mega rich clubs (Monaco, PSG etc) or take a massive wage cut and go back to Brazil. My money would be on the latter.

Well, even though it would represent a wage cut, Brazil doesn't pay so bad, it's the richest of the South American leagues by a county mile.

Back to Brazil for Kaka, I'd say.

It would be a big wage cut but he'd still be making loads, wouldn't he? I read somewhere that Neymar and Ronaldinho were on big contracts and Kaka is still a biggish name.

Barry is a defensive midfielder and Fellaini plays behind the striker for them

Fellaini played behind the striker for one/one and a half seasons. As Barkley emerges they won't need him there, and can play Fellaini where he is best. As a defensive midfielder. Which is what Barry. is.

Oh no you didn't....

Anytime now I'm expecting a jojojo mammuth post explaining why paying the releause clause just isn't as easy as it looks.

According to the reports, we're only €6m off - surely we can just remove them from the equation by triggering the release clause?

We seem to enjoy trying to do things on our terms. I don't understand it myself maybe it's something to do with fine print once the release clause is met. It strikes me as being a bit mental though especially if we are bidding for players under their clubs valuation but not that far off the release clause amount. Just pay it and get the deal finalised.

Status
Not open for further replies.