Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sancho wants a restart at United all he has to do is apologise…..
Judging by the recent leaks, he hopes his mates throw ETH under the bus, get him sacked so he can have a new lease of life under a different manager to continue his half arsed performances.

We haven't learnt a single thing if Martial gets a contract extension.

Jesus Christ just let Martial go, no one is going to sign him even if we trigger the extension.

Martial should've been binned years ago, honestly sick to my stomach after reading that.

Interesting, didn't know that.

Would make sense for us to sell Casemiro and Varane to the Saudis and replace them with a younger alternative. Get their massive wages off the books as well. We can add Sancho into the mix and if PSG are still crazy enough, Rashford can go as well.

Can definitely see us trying to sell McTomminay and Maguire. Would be sad to see them go though. Proper squad players they are. Not many players have their mentality.

Would be the proper wage restructuring we so desperately need. And knowing us we will miss out on it as usual. Hopefully our new CEO and Sir Jim can change that.
This is a good article on it but requires a subscription https://swissramble.substack.com/p/do-manchester-united-have-a-problem

Not exactly sure how it works but I think there's a chance Ratcliffe's investment will be used to offset the issue. Owners funding (which the Glazers don't do) can increase the allowed losses (over 3 years) by £90m instead of £15m.

Hope Ratcliffe comes in sharply and puts a stop to these idiotic contract extensions.

I'd worry about our financial situation if we give Martial a new contract. That would be a desperate move to avoid forking out for a new forward.

Here’s a rogue question due to the lack of information I’m giving people - what happened to that winger (Norwegian perhaps) who played for Bodo-Glimt who was meant to be the next possible big talent?
I’m sure he joined an Italian team but I can’t for the life of me think of who it was.
Ola Solbakken

The extent of the Martial contract "discussion" should be "we're not extending, end of story".

Lindelof, AWB and Tony need to be let go. a squad contract renewals will be a litmus test of how serious we intend to be as a club going forward.

I'll try to move Martial in Jan. Trigger the extension in AWB's and Lindelof's contracts and then sell them in the summer.

Also, ETH said they are discussing things internally and they'll give news on them when they have it. I don't think he meant all of them are going to get extensions.

A one year extension is to avoid losing them on a free! If they were truly valued and a part of our future they’d be offered new terms. I suspect it’s a ploy to either get minimal transfer fees for them or keep numbers in the squad while we gradually replace them. AWB and Lindelof of are good options to have in a squad!

A one year extension is to avoid losing them on a free! If they were truly valued and a part of our future they’d be offered new terms. I suspect it’s a ploy to either get minimal transfer fees for them or keep numbers in the squad while we gradually replace them. AWB and Lindelof of are good options to have in a squad!
Yea it's a no brainer to trigger the extention in their existing contracts. Don't understand the opposition to it

What's your information?
This is a good article on it but requires a subscription https://swissramble.substack.com/p/do-manchester-united-have-a-problem

Not exactly sure how it works but I think there's a chance Ratcliffe's investment will be used to offset the issue. Owners funding (which the Glazers don't do) can increase the allowed losses (over 3 years) by £90m instead of £15m.

You kind of answered your own question.

1) INEOS investment
2) Player sales

Both will offset FFP

I said not entirely accurate. The sales bit will help but we don’t fully know how much the investment will add along with new sponsorships etc.
New sponsorship isn't going to make a significant impact on our 23/24 accounts. I've not seen it reported anywhere that the new investment will go towards offsetting our FFP deficit yet but it would make sense.

Either way, new signings in January are highly unlikely which was the original point.

New sponsorship isn't going to make a significant impact on our 23/24 accounts. I've not seen it reported anywhere that the new investment will go towards offsetting our FFP deficit yet.

Either way, new signings in January are highly unlikely which was the original point.

I think It’s highly likely we make at least one signing

Lindelof, AWB and Tony need to be let go. a squad contract renewals will be a litmus test of how serious we intend to be as a club going forward.
Lindelof (as much as I dislike him) and AWB are worth renewing to get a saleable value. I’m gonna buck the trend and say that I like AWB and think that he’s worth keeping around

Ten Hag kind of just stonewalled the question in his usual manner of not giving anything away.

Let me spell it out for you.
A-N-T-H-O-N-Y M-A-R-T-I-A-L
Sure, but then you also to have consider that we have only one other actual striker (who's a 20 year old with barely any experience). Until we're in a position to recruit there, martial will have to do.

This was the quote. Never brought up players contracts, never mentioned individuals. People going mad over nothing, as per.

People are kidding themselves if they think someone is going to pay a transfer fee for Martial, a loan with part of his salary covered has been the best we could hope for for a long, long time, so in that sense giving him an extension with the idea of selling him doesn't make any sense at all. It's just not going to happen.

Can't see clubs lining up to buy Bissaka either.

I suppose there would be some interested parties for Lindelof, mainly from the continent.

People are kidding themselves if they think someone is going to pay a transfer fee for Martial, a loan with part of his salary covered has been the best we could hope for for a long, long time, so in that sense giving him an extension with the idea of selling him doesn't make any sense at all. It's just not going to happen.

Can't see clubs lining up to buy Bissaka either.

I suppose there would be some interested parties for Lindelof, mainly from the continent.
Amen. And this is the reason why we need to cut ties now. We will not get one dime for Martial or Wan Bissaka and likely Lindelof too because he's Jekyll and Hyde on a big salary. So a one year extension is tantamount to digging the money hole on these players even deeper for another 12 months. They are all average limited players with minimal value going forward who are not at the level of quality or consistency required to be in a title-winning squad.

I might be able to hear out the idea of keeping Wan bissaka because of his age and the fact that he can give you some good defensive games in certain situations but Lindelof and Tony definitely need to go for me. We can easily do significantly better on both those players.

Its a speculative report based on a single question in the press conference.

On the other hand. We won't actively look to get rid of Martial unless we buy a striker and we're highly unlikely to spend big on a striker after last summer. We have other priorities.

For the £10m Martial will cost for the year you don't get a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.