Transfer Tweets - England & Scotland - 2022/23 | Follow the rules in the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
The spending this summer has been incredible. Do you think it could be because of the rumoured spending restrictions that are being discussed? Get your money spent now, so to speak.
I don't think that would have played a part. With Chelsea's revenues, they'd still be able to spend lots of money. Just because they have £1.75b reserved to invest into the club doesn't mean that they should look to spend close to 1/8 or even 1/4 of that total just in this window.

prateik

Ajax have made a crazy amount in this transfer window.. they'll most likely still win the league.. have plenty of time to rebuild properly..

They can never break their wage structure because that wouldnt be sustainable.. So players will keep leaving..
What do clubs like Ajax do with all the money?

Teja

I wasn't expecting this at all! Edson Álvarez isn't bad, but I never thought that he'd be good enough for Chelsea, at least not €50m good. He'll be a good bench option for them at this time, but beyond that, I don't see why Chelsea would go after him for such a high amount of money. Source of the previous Tweet:
Kinda feel bad for Ajax at this point. All their players are just going to go on strikes and do interviews given the template has been laid.

They really have no idea what they're doing anymore now that Overmars has left.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Kinda feel bad for Ajax at this point. All their players are just going to go on strikes and do interviews given the template has been laid.

They really have no idea what they're doing anymore now that Overmars has left.
And all of this is happening so close to the Eredivisie transfer deadline, too. Before this, Kudus basically went on strike to force a move to Everton. The standard has been set with both Antony and Licha forcing transfers out of Ajax with their approaches.

TsuWave

I hope that EuropeanLad kid has a good support system and family members keeping an eye on him.

His Twitter account has provided me with more entertainment than anything else this summer

Widow

I don't think that would have played a part. With Chelsea's revenues, they'd still be able to spend lots of money. Just because they have £1.75b reserved to invest into the club doesn't mean that they should look to spend close to 1/8 or even 1/4 of that total just in this window.
Okay but West Ham, Spurs and Arsenal have spent an inordinate amount when compared to seasons past.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
This is such a stupid move. We’re crying out for a CM/DM currently but from what I’ve read this dude isn’t even anything special and is just a pure DM. Not creative or a ball player at all. Just a destroyer.

redcucumber

Ajax are getting thoroughly pillaged. Made an absolute fortune but they've got a real rebuild on their hands.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Okay, so €50m + 4x the Ajax salary...Why do Chelsea need to overspend like this?
Offer is 50M€ including add-ons according to Ornstein so most likely around £40+3M or something like that. Seems to be the minimum going rate for any half-decent player these days, no?

Alvarez also earns somewhere between £18-27K/wk at Ajax according to multiple sources so even quadrupling it would 'only' mean at most around a £100K/wk which would basically be on the lower half of the first team player salaries at most UCL level clubs in England.

Has to be said I know next to nothing about the player and no idea whether he's good enough for us or not but purely from a financial perspective it doesn't seem like a huge 'overspend' in the current market.

If a deal does happen, I'd guess we'll try to include Ziyech in there somewhere.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I see what you mean now, especially when the rest of the PL's also spent a ton of money. Maybe they are front-loading the spend...
Arsenal doesn't have the money. It is debt, or you can call investment to the squad.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Status
Not open for further replies.