Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
40m :lol:

Feck off. Signed for 11m and made 5 appearances and now they cant even register him in the league because they have no space for more non EU players, shambles.
We’d be the suckers who’ll pay that fee. Watch Woody’s transfer genius on full display. Do we actually have half decent scouts? This guy can’t be the best we can do for that price. Surely not.

Surely even we are not that stupid :lol: I hope... :nervous:
I think our transfer activity post Fergie suggests we are very much that level of stupid. I remember thinking as he scored those goals for Colombia, I wonder which team will be stupid enough to go for him based on this tournament, what a surprise.

Barca really must be pinching themselves at how well this has worked out for them.

I haven't seen a lot of him but a few clips on youtube would suggest no, looks like a slower version of Chris Smalling to me, could be totally wrong though.

How good is Mina on the ball? Can he carry it out well?

He is better on the ball the Smalling and there is nothing to suggest at all that he is slower than smalling. He can dribble out of defence at pace witch good control and drive and finds a good pass. His passing is considerably better than smallings. He is just as strong and at least as fast with the added bonus of dribling out with the ball without fear. Tackles very well and is beast all round in that sense. He is a massive threat in the opponents box and makes people panick. He could be a very good partner to Smalling if that is the plan.

I am only going on a handful of games for Barca, all the world cup games and highlights but its far better than people going off their feelings and emotions.

He has 7 goals and 4 assists before last January (he has added more since, I think 3 in the world cup) which shows he can do it at all levels. I can't work him out. I have no crystal ball but we could at least state the facts rather than ranting about how shite he is without having seen him.

30 Million or thereabouts is nowhere near the hyperbole of the negative comments about him. We have signed worse for more. I will repeat I can't work him out because the amount of recent vitriol against him makes me question my reality.

Edit. Forgot to mention that he would be too disruptive in the squad, he dances allot after his goals and the combination of him, Pogba and Lingard coming up with some elaborate hip gyrating celebration would be unbearable.

DO NOT WANT!

Done lots of scouting in the Brazilian leagues have you....?

Because I cant see any sense in what you are saying.

You do realise Mina has been scouted for a couple of years? Barca might have got in early, maybe got a good price. That doesn't mean it was a fair price.

Dalot for example could be £60m next summer...who knows! What we paid is irrelevant as he has a release clause.
Yeah I saw the bullshit story that we've supposedly scouted him for a couple of years to try and cover for the fact he's a desperate buy after we couldn't get any of the good options. He's slow, mediocre on the ball and not all that mobile, no amount of scouting will change that or make him worth any more than what Barca paid for him.

seems pretty obvious we have scouted him prior to his move to Barcelona and now are using the situation with their non EU quota. But hey, sounds better we are stupid and buy players without scouting based on 5 appearances.

seems pretty obvious we have scouted him prior to his move to Barcelona and now are using the situation with their non EU quota. But hey, sounds better we are stupid and buy players without scouting based on 5 appearances.
The only thing that is obvious is we've been chasing Alderweireld and Maguire but can't get them, so we're making do with Yerry Mina. If we'd scouted him so extensively and rated him highly we'd not have wasted time trying to sign other defenders.

How so? It could be true, but I see no proof that makes it seem that. It's not like we were linked to him at the start of the summer, if not, why weren't we?

How so? It could be true, but I see no proof that makes it seem that. It's not like we were linked to him at the start of the summer, if not, why weren't we?

Because we are a massive football club with scout network all over the globe? We weren't linked because press have no clue? He could have been above Lindelof on the shopping list last year for all we know.

Jose apparently gave Ed his wish list in March....as if Mina was on that list of CB targets.

Oh well this time next year we’ll be in the same position looking to sign yet another cb because our current lot are as average as it gets.

I can’t wait until people see his pace by the way he makes Blind look fast, instantly one of the slowest defenders in the league if he joins.

If we’re gonna take a punt just drop the 40m it would cost for De Ligt someone with proper potential.

Jose apparently gave Ed his wish list in March....as if Mina was on that list of CB targets.

Oh well this time next year we’ll be in the same position looking to sign yet another cb because our current lot are as average as it gets.
Why wouldn't he be on the list? Unless you think reports saying Varane etc were fecking on there..

From that highlights reel, he looks pretty slow. Don't know what on earth Barca were thinking signing him up to play a high line, not to mention he looks meh on the ball.
But hey, they are about to quadruple their money in 8 months, so guess they know better

A defender scoring a few goals shouldn't be the reason why he's bought, that's just a bonus, the most important thing must be how good a defender he is

Why wouldn't he be on the list? Unless you think reports saying Varane etc were fecking on there..

Nah the list probably had the likes of Alderweireld, Bonucci, Langlet and Maguire, Mina only went to Barce in January and made no impression what so ever why he’d be a target 2 months later is beyond me.

The good news is, it looks like we will be winning the net spend trophy this year. Even if we buy Mina, Sell Rojo and keep Darmian, our net spend will be nearly 40 - 45 million Pounds. Sell Darmian and we are looking at 30 million :drool:

Nah the list probably had the likes of Alderweireld, Bonucci, Langlet and Maguire, Mina only went to Barce in January and made no impression what so ever why he’d be a target 2 months later is beyond me.
Maybe because we had been scouting him too before he moved to Barca??

Jose only said a few days ago he handed a list to Ed so I can't see why Mina wouldn't be on there, it makes no sense.
Either there was a list or there isn't.

Why Italian clubs have no problem swapping players around but always be a dick to us.

15m for Darmian, 55m Perisic, 100m Savic, 60m Sandro. FFS
Milan are paying around €55m euro for him. A huge loan fee then a purchase fee.

Maybe because we had been scouting him too before he moved to Barca??

Well that begs the question why we opted to pay 30m for Lindelof and not the 10 for Mina then.

It’s bollocks we’ve seen him have a decent World Cup and decided to bid for him.Barcelona are gonna make us look like mugs and quadruple their money back on a player who made 5/6 appearances and can’t even be registered to play next season, they must be pissing themselves laughing.

They’ve signed him....not played him.....not even registering him next season yet people think he’ll make a good transfer?

I can’t wait until people see his pace by the way he makes Blind look fast, instantly one of the slowest defenders in the league if he joins.

If we’re gonna take a punt just drop the 40m it would cost for De Ligt someone with proper potential.
It's also possible that we didn't think he was available back when the list was compiled. Or that he would have cost far too much.
Maybe now that they've got Lenglet, his price has gone down as he is clearly available.

As far as am concerned, I hope we stick with the current lot and concentrate on other areas, unless more defenders are on the way out (along with Rojo).

Jose only said a few days ago he handed a list to Ed so I can't see why Mina wouldn't be on there, it makes no sense.
Either there was a list or there isn't.

The list was reportedly handed in February. Mina was bought in January. There’s bigger chance for me to be on that list than Mina.

Status
Not open for further replies.