Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanky panky

There is only one year left in De Gea's contract after this season. Situation is not best possible for us. So i would say you can forget very very high transfer fees if he decides to go to Real. He will do it free next year if we don't find compromise with Real... So i would say Real is not ready to pay more than 60-70 million, if even that. But i hope he will sign new contract soon. It's possible but not sure.

e. But if think positive, our rebuild start to be ready soon. And same time looks like Real will start rebuild soon. Inside 1-2 years, they will need to replace Ronaldo, Benzema and Modric. Maybe even Bale and Ramos. That will be difficult and expensive. So maybe DDG thinks it's better to stay in OT few years more.

Last edited:

Scholsey2004

Actually I'm curious to see how far they are willing to go in the summer. See if the "we did not want him anyway" is really inability to keep their position in the market, or on the contrary, if they are willing to pay 100(at least) million for him
If they backed out from paying 30m a couple of years ago then its hard to believe theyll sanction 100m.

Scholsey2004

There is only one year left in De Gea's contract after this season. Situation is not best possible for us. So i would say you can forget very very high transfer fees if he decides to go to Real. He will do it free next year if we don't find compromise with Real... So i would say Real is not ready to pay more than 60-70 million, if even that. But i hope he will sign new contract soon. It's possible but not sure.
Assuming he doesnt agree an extension in the meantime. Don't think he was overly impressed with real last time convincing him to move and then backing out literally at the last moment. Must have been very frustrating having your bags packed and everything.

Revan

Assumptionman

e. But if think positive, our rebuild start to be ready soon. And same time looks like Real will start rebuild soon. Inside 1-2 years, they will need to replace Ronaldo, Benzema and Modric. Maybe even Bale and Ramos. That will be difficult and expensive. So maybe DDG thinks it's better to stay in OT few years more.
We have an option to extend it for an another year. It was a 4+1 contract, with the club having the ability to trigger the extension.

So, he has another 2 years after this. Not a great situation, and we should look to increase his contract. Offer him 300-350k/week or so and price Madrid off.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Madrid prepare a total renovation of the goal for the next season.
They will look for a first class goalkeeper. The desired: De Gea. After discarding Kepa they look for another very young goalkeeper with projection
Simple thing ask for 120 MILLION, he has 2 years on his contract or they can wait to sign him for a free (wages + signing on fee) in two years time. What need a Goalkeeper now? Better get to pay through the nose you cnuts.

Anduin

Real already out early using their PR machine to get the De Gea transfer going. There is no fecking way DDG is going to leave this summer anyway though. Real have a massive rebuilding job on their hands and will have a hard time shifting players like Ronaldo or Bale (now that we've signed Sanchez hardly anyone can and will pay his absurd wages on top of the fee Real will want) to finance it. They will not spend north of €100m on a world class keeper, and you can be sure we will demand a world record fee for one of the world's best keepers in this market. With the amazing money in the game now we're not getting bullied by Real anymore... 2019 may be another story if he doesn't renew, but summer 2018? Nah, can't see it. For all the doom and gloom re: the Spanish giants, we're Manchester fecking United, one of the wealthiest clubs around paying obscene wages. Real can do one if they want our best players.

midnightmare

If DDG does indeed cost them an extra 30m thats chump change for Real given DDG is the best keeper in the world.
Not when they’re also facing the prospect of spending big on the forwards. Benz is certainly a goner and won’t fetch much. Recent rumors show that we won’t pay up for Ronaldo and PSG won’t either. They haven’t spent much the last couple of windows but are still in need of massive funds for the attackers. In that situation, given that Navas has been quite decent, I don’t actually see them spending big on a keeper. Even DdG. They really have far more pressing, and expensive, concerns.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Simple thing ask for 120 MILLION, he has 2 years on his contract or they can wait to sign him for a free (wages + signing on fee) in two years time. What need a Goalkeeper now? Better get to pay through the nose you cnuts.
yes,It seems a realistic price :( .Courtois should be much cheaper.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If they backed out from paying 30m a couple of years ago then its hard to believe theyll sanction 100m.
Flo couldn't justify that fee for him in '15. If this season fails completely, with Keylor no longer being the same rock he was in 15/16 and having issues with injuries, he might be able to justify spending €100m on the "best goalkeeper in the world", Spain NT starter, with about 7-10 years at the top still ahead of him

Anduin

Flo couldn't justify that fee for him in '15. If this season fails completely, with Keylor no longer being the same rock he was in 15/16 and having issues with injuries, he might be able to justify spending €100m on the "best goalkeeper in the world", Spain NT starter, with about 7-10 years at the top still ahead of him
Thing is you're not getting him for €100m, even if he pushes for it. We're paying great wages, two more years on the contract side and in a market where some of the best players go for around €150m now, well, you're not getting the "best goalkeeper in the world" for a measly €100m. We don't need money anyway. You will have a better chance in 2019 if DDG does not renew.

Trizy

City just trying to sign everyone at this stage?

So Pep gets an extra midfielder and CB, both good enough to start. Then who the feck do they go out and sign in the summer? They literally won't need anyone.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
City just trying to sign everyone at this stage?

So Pep gets an extra midfielder and CB, both good enough to start. Then who the feck do they go out and sign in the summer? They literally won't need anyone.
This is just to calm poor guardiola. Poor little baby, he can't work with only 25 players. Real present will come in august. Messi, griezmann, veratti.....

Ban

Laporte will play for peanuts but with a pride in his heart cause he'll wear the famous light blue shirt.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

It's 2019 with an option of another year. So basically it's 2020.

Tosicsleftpeg

He's got 12 in 25. That's pretty OK. Better than morata or lacazette.
Only 8 in the league though, Roma have struggled a bit this season to score goals. I'm an bit of a Roma fan on the side I do follow them and I think that the sake of Dzeko for good money will be the start of Schick's evolution as the main striker.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Courtois is the best keeper in the league and Real will do well to sign him up.

sully1

TBH rather let De Gea walk for free in 2020 then sell him for anything less then £100 Million

the world knows Madrid have needed a keeper since 3 seasons so Madrid will have to pay accordingly

Status
Not open for further replies.