Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Laporte and Fred links to City seem to be gaining some momentum. Theyre still only 23 and 24 years old so it’s consistent with our recent strategy to buy younger. Kompany and Mangala are likely finished come summer, and Yaya with be off so with Fernandinho as our oldest starter now and tough to replace I can see the logic. We’ll see. We’ll have very few gaps in the squad if we get the next few signings right to replace our older contingents.

Aguero will be by far the hardest.

Rolaholic

Courtois is the best keeper in the league and Real will do well to sign him up.
Has DDG been sold yet for this to be the case?

Courtois is good and borderline WC but he's never been the best in the prem

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He/she's right. You're missing the point here.
I'm a he, and yes I am. Why don't these people understand? Hopefully Real understand, Courtois is a level above anyone else Real sign could sign.

Pace Abuser

Is there no end to City's magnanimity? First they single handedly crusade against avarice in football and now they're volunteering forgiveness to naive footballers who don't fully comprehend what it means to play for their steeped club.

Pepus Christ really has transformed the previously hedonistic Mancunian landscape.

United Pro

City ready to pay his 65M buyout clause.

Well, hold on a minute. Isn't this entirely hypocritical from City? City briefed the media (Sam Lee wrote an article about it) just a week ago that they would never go back for a player that rejected them, but now they're going back on their word just a week later. It shows that their Sanchez briefing was just to save face.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Was obvious after last night´s result that the newest rumours would be about Liverpool, the team that lost to the team that lost to Swansea.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
It’s shame Delaney’s latest piece is written by him, because all the names he mentions would be perfect signings for us.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Not when they’re also facing the prospect of spending big on the forwards. Benz is certainly a goner and won’t fetch much. Recent rumors show that we won’t pay up for Ronaldo and PSG won’t either. They haven’t spent much the last couple of windows but are still in need of massive funds for the attackers. In that situation, given that Navas has been quite decent, I don’t actually see them spending big on a keeper. Even DdG. They really have far more pressing, and expensive, concerns.
Their prize money alone from the last two seasons must be close to 150-200m. You honestly dont think they have the funds to buy in more than one position?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If its the same article im reading it lists who we are after not who we have decided not to go after. I disagree with him on Pulisic that seems like a perfect United move.
Ah sorry, my first post was a little confusing. What I meant was I’m praying he’s actually right, but he’s not reliable so can’t get excited yet. Although Seri has been mentioned a few times by other more reliable sources.

There’s also no way we’ll let Pulisic get away if he keeps developing.

Hanky panky

Is Mangala still at City? If so, why doesn't Pep play him? He was bought for 40m, wasn't he?
Too cheap to play. Has to be at least 50M, better if 60M. And yes, they do love to spend 50M to defenders. Once or twice per year is minimum.

Frank Grimes

Laporte and Fred links to City seem to be gaining some momentum. Theyre still only 23 and 24 years old so it’s consistent with our recent strategy to buy younger. Kompany and Mangala are likely finished come summer, and Yaya with be off so with Fernandinho as our oldest starter now and tough to replace I can see the logic. We’ll see. We’ll have very few gaps in the squad if we get the next few signings right to replace our older contingents.

Aguero will be by far the hardest.
David Silva will be.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
:eek::eek:hmm , de gea?
Oh, no, no, Courtois is far better. And you know, somehow better suited to the RM way of playing, too.
(If you want to hear what I really think, turn tap full on to defeat RM bugs concealed in the Caf skirting board)

Flytan

Didn't Laporte deny them a few years ago when Pep wanted him? I thought he only wanted players who bought completely into his project lol?

beingshe7don

Damn.... Laporte is a terrific defender. So they would have Kompany, Otamendi, Stones and Laporte. That's a terrific addition to a pretty formidable defense along with Walker, Mendy, Delph and Danilo. They've rectified all their weaknesses and are perhaps gunning for the CL if they want Laporte and Fred in January itself.

Yes we got Sanchez but we are still light years away from reclaiming our throne.

2 more players in the summer is not going to cut it. The backups City have are probably the best in the world.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Oh, no, no, Courtois is far better. And you know, somehow better suited to the RM way of playing, too.
(If you want to hear what I really think, turn tap full on to defeat RM bugs concealed in the Caf skirting board)
fecking sarcasm. I love it and than i fail on it:)

binary bot
Part of me wants them to pay 65m for him to see the difference in reaction to City spending that and us buying Sanchez.

tomaldinho1

Fee is now apparently £60m.

So £60m + £6m agent fee + 52m (200k p/w on 5year contract) + £1m (private jet and fuel) + £5 admin fee + £7.52 on calls to Spain from non roaming tariff + £5m relocation package

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Fee is now apparently £60m.

So £60m + £6m agent fee + 52m (200k p/w on 5year contract) + £1m (private jet and fuel) + £5 admin fee + £7.52 on calls to Spain from non roaming tariff + £5m relocation package
You forgot the kibble compensation for the dogs.

midnightmare

Their prize money alone from the last two seasons must be close to 150-200m. You honestly dont think they have the funds to buy in more than one position?
Put it this way - despite the ridiculous amount of TV revenue hey get vis-a-vis other clubs in Spain (bar Barca) and these wins, they earned lower revenues than us and spend about as much on wages.

Even if you add these spends as extra, the market is super-inflated when it comes to attacking players in particular. The need for investment is massive and most teams won’t spend on more than 2 mega deals in one summer. With the holes Real have, to spend 100 Mn on a keeper wouldn’t really make sense - specially since they’re not in dire need of a new keeper but definitely in need of attacking players!

Never say never of course but that’s what I meant. Anyway, reckon this isn’t the best thread to continue this!

L1nk

According to this piece the sealing of Sanchez means a change in priorities. Targets include Seri, Soler and Weigl, would especially love to see Weigl here.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Them Madrid cnuts are going after De Gea again.

De Gea has become the first choice goalkeeper target for Madrid.

Article on Marca says they'll try for him this summer.

Ed, get ready!

Nostradamus

Can’t even predict the past

According to this piece the sealing of Sanchez means a change in priorities. Targets include Seri, Soler and Weigl, would especially love to see Weigl here.
That clearly wont happen in the near future and IMO I highly doubt that he ll move to United, when he leaves Dortmund earliest in 2019. I think he ll move to Real or Barca..Pep has been a huge admirer, so if he wants PL, then City should be favs..Bayern could also have chances. I dont see him playing for United.

Status
Not open for further replies.