Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday, 30th August 2014

Manchester United Clearout
07:21 Bild: Zorc confirms negotiations over Kagawa - £6.3m fee for 4-year deal
22:11 Spurs head the queue for Welbeck

Hernandez
10:13 Juventus improve offer for Hernandez to €19m
20:05 Di Marzio: Real Madrid in for Hernandez

Manchester United Incomings
04:39 Manchester United move for Sampdoria keeper
11:56 Stuart Mathieson: No more buys, only goodbyes
19:56 Mike Keegan: Not surprised if Blind was last signing
20:12 Daniel Taylor: United still in marked for centre-half and another midfielder
22:04 Star on Sunday: 11 players in and out

Arturo Vidal
20:09 Tuttosport: United haven’t given up on Vidal. £5m apart in valuation
20:27 Vidal kisses and waves
22:11 Rob Shepherd: Vidal could still end up at Old Trafford

Danny Blind

00:30 Daily Mail: United agree £14m fee for Blind
00:59 De Telegraaf: Daley Blind to United for €18m
09:56 Sky: Ajax give United permission to speak to Blind
10:32 United twitter: United reach agreement subject to medical and personal terms
19:46 Blind to be used as a central midfielder
19:47 Photo: Blind in Manchester for medical

Premier League Transfers
10:03 SmS: Mourinho trying to convince van Ginkel to move to Milan on loan
11:44 Arsenal looking at Chile midfielder Charles Aranguiz
12:21 Goal: Arsenal submit offer of £21.3m for Carvalho
13:43 David Gold: West Ham make big signing, to be introduced before kick-off (turned out to be Alex Song on loan)
21:31 Arsenal active £8.7m release clause of Remy
22:01 Milan in talks with Liverpool over signing Suso on loan

Rest of the World Transfers
08:11 Rabiot has chosen to move to Roma

Radamel Falcao
15:07 Falcao not in team for match between Monaco and Lille
18:14 Speculation: Falcao tweets and deletes something Madrid related
19:58 Falcao denies he made the tweet, Balague says Real denied they want Falcao
21:16 Gatorade congratulated Falcao on his move

Imagine being Jovetic right now. Have a very good pre-season, start the season very well indeed and there's talk City are going to sign Falcao. He ends up 4th choice all over again.

Negredo was great for them for the first half of last season, what's happened? I thought Navas was the one that got home sick

If not vidal, de jong, if not de jong a punt on the lucas silva lad. we need another capable central midfield body.

Negredo was great for them for the first half of last season, what's happened? I thought Navas was the one that got home sick
He had a bad end to the season iirc. Still, if he's there as 4th choice he's a fantastic option. Even as a 3rd choice he's a very good option.

Who should I believe out of Mike Keegan from the BBC or Daniel Taylor from The Guardian? The latter says that Blind won't be the last where as the former reckons he concludes our spending.

I would be a bit miffed if we didn't dip into the market for another defender (or two?) at least. Ideally I'd like another centre mid too. Can't see 2/3 deals happening before Tuesday though.

Who to believe out of Mike Keegan of the BBC or Daniel Taylor of The Guardian? The latter says that Blind won't be the last where as the former reckons he concludes our spending.

I would be a bit miffed if we didn't dip into the market for another defender (or two?) at least. Ideally I'd like another centre mid too. Can't see 2/3 deals happening before Tuesday though.
More are saying we're done, right? It just seems to be Taylor (and the Star :lol:) who say we're still in for 1 or 2 more.

Why not? We're supposedly selling a load before then so I don't see why people think buying is so far fetched...
Nothing will happen tomorrow, so it's fairly rare you'd get 2/3 deals completed in one day, even if it is deadline day.

More are saying we're done, right? It just seems to be Taylor (and the Star :lol:) who say we're still in for 1 or 2 more.

Maybe some of Taylor's sources are different. I may be wrong but if memory serves me right he was the only one of the Manchester based journalists who didn't run with the Carvalho to United story in the week.

Nothing will happen tomorrow, so it's fairly rare you'd get 2/3 deals completed in one day, even if it is deadline day.
Why won't it happen tomorrow? You think Woodward doesn't work on the Sabbath or something? We almost completed three deals on deadline day last year and we would have done had it not been for incompetence on our part. I'm not saying anything will definitely happen but let's not rule anything out just yet :)

Last edited:
I clearly should have booked Monday off work to watch 12 hours of sky sports news.

Maybe some of Taylor's sources are different. I may be wrong but if memory serves me right he was the only one of the Manchester based journalists who didn't run with the Carvalho to United story in the week.
Could be an interesting couple of days for sure. Lets see.

Aye & there were a few more at the beginning of the window that he didn't run with yet all the others did and they turned out to be bollocks. He's definitely the most reliable out of the lot.

Who should I believe out of Mike Keegan from the BBC or Daniel Taylor from The Guardian? The latter says that Blind won't be the last where as the former reckons he concludes our spending.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28909835

Watching the end of that BBC interview, he was asked whether there would be anymore business before tuesday. Van Gaal answered: ''I don't know, I don't interfere with these matters. We will know on the 1st of september and you will know and the fans will know.''

Looks like his list of targets have not all been acquired yet by Woodward and that we are definitely hoping to get some more in... whether we succeed though is the question, seeing as clubs are loath to lose good players without time to buy.

Neither. The club clearly aren't briefing journalists like they used to.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/28909835

Watching the end of that BBC interview, he was asked whether there would be anymore business before tuesday. Van Gaal answered: ''I don't know, I don't interfere with these matters. We will know on the 1st of september and you will know and the fans will know.''

Looks like his list of targets have not all been acquired yet by Woodward and that we are definitely hoping to get some more in... whether we succeed though is the question, seeing as clubs are loath to lose good players without time to buy.
It's a bit unnerving not knowing who these players could be as well with less 48hours to deadline. Obviously Vidal but that looks dead to me.

Almost certain to be bullshit BUT i can't lie, it has crossed my mind that Adnan may not be in LVG's plans. LVG hasn't mentioned him at all in any interview and he's been nothing but a late sub so far in our games.

I'm sure he will stay though but i wouldn't be totally surprised if he goes.

Almost certain to be bullshit BUT i can't lie, it has crossed my mind that Adnan may not be in LVG's plans. LVG hasn't mentioned him at all in any interview and he's been nothing but a late sub so far in our games.

I'm sure he will stay though but i wouldn't be totally surprised if he goes.

He won't sell him for two reasons.

1. Adnan's a brilliant player and has a bright future here
2. Selling Adnan would be suicide and LVG would struggle to retain any support from the fans

Complete bullshit, we just gave him the #11. No chance, just shit stirring from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.