Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually that's a CB who can play DM, CM and fullback, he has a great spirit, is good technically, but he is short for a CB and not great in the air.

French Daley Blind then?

The difference in his record in La Liga and CL is ridiculous. Wiki says he's got 107 goals and 45 assists in 190 appearances in La Liga, but only 8 goals and 6 assists in 48 CL appearances. He's pretty much a different player depending on the competition. I remember watching this live and couldn't believe my eyes.

That is what I was referring to when I said big games. He struggled a lot vs barca too (only 3 goals). Good records vs valencia and atletico though and he scored vs Milan at the san siro so he had it in him and was improving. Sadly he got injured and missed a lot if 10/11 and then lost his place to benzema. At best he would rotate with benzema following that.

What do you mean by Woody's incompetence. He brought four first team players in positions we were weak, something we never did before, broke british transfer record for a man of the match in the last CL final, spent 130m pounds and now as it looks like started to offload the deadwood.

Woodward did great work in this transfer window there is no doubt about that. Yes we are still weak in some areas, especially in midfield but it was stupid to expect that we can buy more than half new first team in one transfer window.

The transfer window is still open and we could still bring some new players in but even if we don't this is one of the best transfer windows ever for United.

Slow clap.

Can anyone name the top 5 midfielders that are available and would vastly improve our team ?
Impossible for any of us to know how many world class midfielders are 'available' but I find it hard to believe you couldn't enormously improve our team with the sort of money we've spent. For example in the past year the transfer fees of Fabregas, Kroos and Cabaye (not my favourite but much better than what we have) are around £10m odd more than we paid for Di Maria. Now obviously not all of them might have wanted to join us but even with a worldwide lack of brilliant midfielders you can get them if you spend the money.

We should have signed Cabaye and De Rossi under Moyes when we had the chance. Could add Strootman in there too, although I'm unsure if he signed for Roma before or after Moyes came in. De Rossi was given a deadline and Moyes was too slow on it. We ended up signing Fellaini on deadline day.

We should have signed Cabaye and De Rossi under Moyes when we had the chance. Could add Strootman in there too, although I'm unsure if he signed for Roma before or after Moyes came in. De Rossi was given a deadline and Moyes was too slow on it. We ended up signing Fellaini on deadline day.
There wasnt any substance in De Rossi story.

There wasnt any substance in De Rossi story.

Did he not come out and say he was glad he didn't join us after seeing what Roma were doing in the league? He also said the year before that he felt 'uncomfortable' at Roma. Garcia then said De Rossi was given a deadline for a move, and after that date passed, they both agreed he was going nowhere. Or have I made that up? That's how I remember it anyway.

EDIT -

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ft-it-too-late-to-land-romas-daniele-de-rossi

Friday, 29th August 2014

Manchester United Clearout
05:03 Simon Peach: Spurs interested in loan move for Welbeck
10:39 Guardian: United to sell fringe players to reduce wage bill

Cleverley
09:01 SSN: Valencia make offer for Cleverley
09:47 Sport Witness: Nothing in Spain on Cleverley to Valencia
09:48 The Times: Hull make £9m bid for Cleverley. Everton and Arsenal prepared to wait
10:22 SSN: Aston Villa make offer for Cleverley
14:12 Ian Ladyman: Cleverley meets with Roy Keane to discuss move

Hernandez
11:04 Corriere dello Sport: Juventus agree personal terms with Hernandez
15:19 Balague: Valencia and Juve offers in. United happy to let him go
15:24 Sky Italia: Player agrees to join Juve. All depends on United
18:19 Radio Formula: Hernandez will meet Juventus within hours
19:00 Di Marzio: Juventus make offer of €2M to take Hernandez on loan for the season
20:34 Di Marzio: Juventus offer 1M yesterday on loan then buy between 16-17m

Kagawa
07:25 Der Westen: Dortmund agree personal terms with Kagawa, in talks with United now
09:29 Sport Witness: Kagawa rejects Valencia to move to Dortmund
11:01 Kagawa agent Thomas Kroth in Dortmund
11:11 Bild: Kagawa doing medical at Dortmund
12:50 Daily Mail: Kagawa on verge of £8m return to Dortmund
14:02 Sky Germany: Zorc: “Can’t give any news yet”
14:40 ESPN: Dortmund fans camped out at hospital awaiting arrival of Kagawa for medical
19:12 Klopp: "Tomorrow we'll see who plays where and for which team.”
19:42 Unconfirmed picture of Kagawa at airport

Manchester United Incomings
00:54 jb8521: Joao Filipe returns to Benfica, if signing him won’t be until next year when 16
07:38 Sporting chairman: Unlikely to be any signings/outgoings but anything can happen
07:56 Gazzetta: Guarin rejects Zenit as his dream is United or Juventus
08:58 Daily Mail: United close to signing 16-year-old Timothy Fosu Mensah
10:53 van der Sar: At the moment Daley Blind is not going to United
12:40 Manchester United linked with Ricardo Carvalho
14:23 Daniel Taylor: Nothing happening with Vidal/Carvalho

Arturo Vidal (DEAD IN THE WATER)
06:26 Gazzetta dello Sport’s Laudisa: Vidal to United not over
09:56 Daily Star: United to push Hernandez to Juventus as they bid to sweeten up Juve for Vidal
12:14 Allegri: Vidal important player for us. He WILL stay at Juventus
13:21 Full Allegri quotes: “Vidal worked well this week, his knee needs to be managed but he could start tomorrow. We have restated several times, the management and I, that Vidal is a fundamental player and that he will stay at Juventus.”
13:29 Vidal tweets: “We are ready to get back to 100% strength Juve !!!!!”
14:23 Daniel Taylor: Nothing happening with Vidal/Carvalho
14:41 Howard Nurse: Carvalho and Vidal not joining
14:43 Simon Stoney: United not in for Carvalho/Vidal
16:18 Simon Stoney confirms that knee problems main reason behind ended interest

Premier League Transfers
00:03 AS: Real Madrid want to sign Negredo from Manchester City
09:16 Sport Witness: Portuguese press say Arsenal showing most Carvalho interest
09:38 Portuguese paper Record: Arsenal pursuing Cavani and Campbell to Benfica depends on that
09:43 Cambiasso joins Leicester City
09:48 Milan move for van Ginkel back on
11:25 Roma president adamant Chelsea target Destro is not for sale
13:20 Pellegrini: Nothing on incoming transfers, however Richards, Nastasic, Guidetti and Sinclair free to leave
15:47 Wenger: "I will be actively involved on the final day of the window and I will be on alert until the last minute”
19:09 QPR sign Alex McCarthy on 4-year deal
19:13 Dominic Fifield: Chelsea looking for third forward ahead of deadline
19:24 Montpellier: Spurs sign Stambouli

Adrian Rabiot
09:22 Deal for Rabiot to Arsenal close
11:00 L'Equipe: Arsenal spoke with PSG reps at CL draw over Rabiot. Cost: £9.5m. Roma/Spurs also interested
12:02 L'Equipe: Arsenal set to miss out on Rabiot as PSG agree fee with Roma

Alex Song

00:02 Diario Sport: Alex Song says goodbye to Barcelona players. Player wants Premier League return
00:09 Spanish outlets report Spurs, Liverpool and Marseille interested with Barcelona willing to let him leave on a free transfer
13:59 Sky: West Ham in talks to sign Song

Alvaro Arbeloa
02:56 AS: Chelsea interested in signing Arbeloa
10:51 El Confidencial: Arsenal and Milan interested in signing Arbeloa

Fernando Torres (DONE DEAL - 2-YEAR LOAN)
09:43 Milan will reportedly wait until noon tomorrow for Torres, but Roma in the mix
12:28 Di Marzio: Torres agent to meet Chelsea to discuss severance pay
15:31 Independent: Mourinho wants to keep Torres but admits he needs to sell at least one player
16:31 Meeting between Torres agent and Chelsea over. Not willing to pay severance
17:34 Di Marzio: Milan reach agreement with Chelsea over Torres
17:44 Di Marzio: Chelsea target Remy to replace Torres
18:31 Sky Italia: Torres deal done between club and player. Set to have medical Saturday
19:34 Chelsea twitter: Loan deal for Torres agreed

Radamel Falcao
10:38 Kevin Palmer: Wenger on Falcao “It is very difficult to go into all that because once again all the negotiations need to be as secret as possible”
15:47 Balague: Falcao not going to Arsenal. Way too expensive, even on loan

Rest of the World Transfers
09:01 ESPN: Bayern reach an agreement with Madrid to sign Xabi Alonso
09:13 Di Marzio: Roncaglia moving to Genoa
10:49 Del Piero signs for Dynamos Delhi in Indian Super League
11:07 Lille considering Roma’s latest offer for Basa
12:52 Jordy Clasie signs 4-year contract at Feyenoord
13:09 Kalou in Germany for Hertha Berlin medical
15:15 Della Valle family say Cuadrado staying at Fiorentina
16:21 Pogba set to sign contract until 2016

Radamel Falcao
00:06 Tancredi Palmeri: Falcao new player of Real Madrid
00:39 Cadena COPE: Monaco offer Falcao to Real Madrid, Real Madrid not interested
1:34 beIN Sports: Falcao agrees to join Real Madrid on loan
07:26 El Confidencial: Mendes and Falcao trying to convince Real Madrid to sign him
13:12 Juventus make loan offer for Falcao

Other Tweets
19:15 Juventus financial stats

Not the thread but....

Arsenal fans should worry more about who improves their squad than whether their over priced.

Higuian would of improved their squad. Fabregas would of improved their squad, they appear to have agreed a fee for khederia then bottled paying his wages. 4/5 strikers on the market that would improve their squad.

An no its not the chairmen it's Wenger and his admits as much himself.

Would of thought it would be especially frustrating now their 2, possibly 3 quality players off a genuine title challenge.

Impossible for any of us to know how many world class midfielders are 'available' but I find it hard to believe you couldn't enormously improve our team with the sort of money we've spent. For example in the past year the transfer fees of Fabregas, Kroos and Cabaye (not my favourite but much better than what we have) are around £10m odd more than we paid for Di Maria. Now obviously not all of them might have wanted to join us but even with a worldwide lack of brilliant midfielders you can get them if you spend the money.

Exactly so. Add in the money you've paid for Mata - yet another distraction from what should have been the priority spending areas - and it becomes even more ridiculous that United are still scratching around, in the dying days of this window, for a couple of top quality CMs - an area of the pitch which has long been by far your biggest weakness.

Those praising United's transfer dealings in this window so far are living in cloud-cuckoo land. I keep reading that Di Maria is going to be the magic solution to many of your problems - IMO this is just wishful thinking.

Amazingly for a lot of posters here he was too average for our midfield, despite being better than everyone we have here. I will never understand the logic in arguments like that. We arent able to get a genuine world class midfielder in, so we shouldnt buy players who could help us reach the next step. No it must be a world beater from the start. That is the reason why we are in a mess in midfield at the moment. Same applies for Schneiderlin, Khedira.....

It's the fact that over the past 2 summer windows we've seen top quality midfielders move for reasonable money which is very frustrating
Hardly any that have come to the Premier League have worked out, I'm mostly referring to Özil here. But we can't look at each deal as if they're all the same. We have no idea what the requirements or the details for each deal are. You could say we missed out on Fabregas but he may have wanted to live in London again, he may have wanted to play Champions League football, Chelsea may have offered him a great contract and I don't just mean in terms of wages, he may have decided playing for United (Arsenal's biggest rival in the 00's) was too much of a betrayal. We don't know and we'll never know.

Either way, I'm sure we were interested in some of the big name midfielder transfers but at the end of the day the players get the final say.

Status
Not open for further replies.