Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okocha119

Its reckless, he could seriously hurt himself putting his head on backwards.

Its just a tongue in cheek response to being called obsese by the media.
Wasn't talking only about Shaw here, I'm just generally sick of teenagers today posting pictures of themselves online, making weird poses and faces, showing how much they work out. It's as if they don't have enough selfworth, so they have to have people on the internet congratulate them on how beautiful or fit they are. Always seems to me like their parents didn't give them enough love. If I'm worng about him, then sorry, but this is just pissing me off in general.

Sorry for offtopic.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Wasn't talking only about Shaw here, I'm just generally sick of teenagers today posting pictures of themselves online, making weird poses and faces, showing how much they work out. It's as if they don't have enough selfworth, so they have to have people on the internet congratulate them on how beautiful or fit they are. Always seems to me like their parents didn't give them enough love. If I'm worng about him, then sorry, but this is just pissing me off in general.

Sorry for offtopic.
Obviously this sort of thing wasn't happening much as recently as a decade ago. Its a manifestation of the rise of social media.

Trizy

As much as having all Rooney, van Perise, Falcao, Di Maria, Mata and Januzaj in attack would be hilarious, surely there would be uproar signing a £40-50m player when we still need a CDM and CB.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Sorry for offtopic.
Tarnish with the same brush hey? They're teenagers, that's what they do and its how all teenagers of any generation behave, the only difference is teenagers of past generations didn't have twitter!

The White Pele

I don't think ego will be a problem with Shaw. LVG has already praised his application and, in general, the products of Southampton's youth academy in recent years tend to have a grounded attitude and strong work ethic.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's asking for double his wage? Crazy.

Okocha119

Tarnish with the same brush hey? They're teenagers, that's what they do and its how all teenagers of any generation behave, the only difference is teenagers of past generations didn't have twitter!
Well, I suppose you didn't go around with a half naked photo of yourself, asking your friends what they think about it, back when you were younger, did you? That's pretty much the equivalent of what kids are doing these days.

On Topic: I knew, 8m for Cleverley sounded to good to be true, you'd have to pay 8m extra to get rid of him ;)

Andy_Cole

A lot of disrespect to Cleverley. But the fact that this guy is trying to steal a WEEKLY wage way more than what I earn a year makes him a full on prick. Screwing over United who have supported him even though he's completely useless. Someone get that Ari Gold gif back up asap because that is what he deserves.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

Sigh
Such a tit. He's not joining a team made of money - he's joining a team that is more suited to his level. Why put a move in doubt with seeking unrealistic demands?

This is all assuming that the story is true.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Hope we loan him out if we can't get rid permanently, which is obviously the preferred option.
I hope we do end up selling him. Anderson, Cleverley, Fletcher and Carrick are all out of contract next summer and I don't really want us to lose any of them on a free. :(

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Says it all about Cleverley that he'd be happy to sit on his arse for a year instead of playing regular football. Clearly isn't interested in his own development and he's basically stopping United recouping any money off him. Dick head.

walsh

Says it all about Cleverley that he'd be happy to sit on his arse for a year instead of playing regular football. Clearly isn't interested in his own development and he's basically stopping United recouping any money off him. Dick head.
Are you serious? You'd be angry at him for wanting to stay and fight for his place at his boyhood club that he's been at for years? Not to mention the fact that he'd be going to a bottom half team from one of the biggest clubs in the world. If it's true that he's on around £35k a week, asking for double for a move that he isn't convinced about isn't exactly absurd. Some players will be criticised and lambasted for anything they do, just because people don't rate them.

Anduin

I'd almost be tempted to keep Cleverley and let him rot in the stands for a season, we shall see how much he's worth next year when he can leave on a free transfer.

Mister_Stubbs

Says a lot about what motivates Thomas.. still not happy we've loaned Javier out, loaning Danny out with no replacement would leave us with two strikers who aren't in great form and an unproven young lad.

Mainoldo

Says a lot about what motivates Thomas.. still not happy we've loaned Javier out, loaning Danny out with no replacement would leave us with two strikers who aren't in great form and an unproven young lad.
Because we should have sold him right?

Redo91

Are you serious? You'd be angry at him for wanting to stay and fight for his place at his boyhood club that he's been at for years? Not to mention the fact that he'd be going to a bottom half team from one of the biggest clubs in the world. If it's true that he's on around £35k a week, asking for double for a move that he isn't convinced about isn't exactly absurd. Some players will be criticised and lambasted for anything they do, just because people don't rate them.
Fighting for his place? Once Herrera and Blind are available he won't be getting near the starting XI. By accepting an offer for him the club have made it clear he isn't part of the managers plans. He is a very average player so it's not like he has any chance of overtaking the likes of Di Maria, Herrera or Blind for a midfield role. There was talk before the bid was accepted that he was tempted to run down his contract and leave on a free next summer (bigger signing on fee). If he does end up staying he clearly prioritises money over his footballing development.

The White Pele

None of us know Cleverley personally. Maybe he is making things difficult because he doesn't want to leave the club he has supported and been a part of since he was a kid. He might want to stay and work on his game and fight for his place which he is entitled to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.