Timothy Fosu-Mensah | 2017/18 Crystal Palace Performances

Mensah is brilliant when the bulk of his job is defence. For me his passing is a lot better than he has shown at United. That's why I think he shouldn't be played at right back where (at united) most games he will have to attack a lot more. I think he should come back as a 6 in front of the defence
Yep, as a RB he has a lot more pressure to attack and fans/manager will judge him on that part of his game. As a destroyer next to say Pogba, he has a lot less pressure to do that.

Yep, as a RB he has a lot more pressure to attack and fans/manager will judge him on that part of his game. As a destroyer next to say Pogba, he has a lot less pressure to do that.

I agree.

I've said it before, I think Mensah could develop into a similar type of player to N'Golo Kante.

No other player has made more tackles and interceptions than TFM (18) so far in the EPL.

Mensah made the most tackles (9) today for Holland against France while the next closest was 4. Had the most blocks (2) as well.

Also made 2 critical goal saving tackles. Netherlands were poor but TFM was definitely a bright spot and had an exceptional debut.

To bad he is not older and someone else younger, maybe then he would be trusted to get minutes for us.

fantastic so far for timo.

decent start as an individual in the PL and first cap for holland as well.

if things continues accordingly he will be like a new signing for next season.

I agree.

I've said it before, I think Mensah could develop into a similar type of player to N'Golo Kante.
Will be interesting to see if he could succeed Matic.

It shouldn't do. Sakho to play on the left side of the 3. TFM to play on the right side.

I think Riedeald will play left side. At Ajax he played DM, central and left back but de Boer seems to have bought him as a central defender.

Guess it could be TFM - Sakho - Riedewald..

He played with a lot of energy and commitment tonight as the rest of the team seemd to drop their heads really quickly. H'e still pretty raw but has a great attitude and athleticism.

Timo always has always had very good timing for tackles (ie great leg-eye coordination.) Made tackles look effortless then you throw in his god given athletic abilities (ie fast twitch muscles)... we have the anti-Blind.

I think Riedeald will play left side. At Ajax he played DM, central and left back but de Boer seems to have bought him as a central defender.

Guess it could be TFM - Sakho - Riedewald..
Yeah that works too. Probably their best 3 and a mix of experience.

:lol:

Poor Rashford has no chance of getting a game either under our youth hating manager.

Tbf Rashford has competition from two other youngsters in Martial and Lingard only.

Wonder how much time he would have gotten if we had signed Perisic.

Bit weird. TFM has started the season well, but his teams have been dreadful.

I would like to see Palace go to a back four with him at RB, but not sure De Boer will especially with Sakho signed.

Bit weird. TFM has started the season well, but his teams have been dreadful.

I would like to see Palace go to a back four with him at RB, but not sure De Boer will especially with Sakho signed.
I doubt he'll be benching Joel Ward. RCB is a good position for him right now. He isn't the best positionally at RB and he is frankly a bit shit at attacking.

Yeah that works too. Probably their best 3 and a mix of experience.

I dont know.. TFM is good enough for the EPL but i dont think Riedwald is very good. Lost year he lost his place at Ajax at lb to Viergever (little talent, cant attack but hardworking), cb to de Ligt (17 years old talanted but makes a big mistake almost every match) and dm to Schone (old, good enough for Eredivisie but struggles in Europe).

Really dont understand why de Boer bought him... just because he is Dutch and past experiences i guess. If de Boer gets sacked i dont think a new manager is going to like Riedewald while i suspect the new manager will love TFM.

Reckon Jose sees him as a natural successor to Valencia, as early as next season even. I have a feeling this loan is going to be a blessing for Timbo.

No other player has made more tackles and interceptions than TFM (18) so far in the EPL.

Mensah made the most tackles (9) today for Holland against France while the next closest was 4. Had the most blocks (2) as well.

Also made 2 critical goal saving tackles. Netherlands were poor but TFM was definitely a bright spot and had an exceptional debut.

When teams are bad, it is only natural that a few players with good performances stand out. TFM has exceptional power and pace for one so young but his game intelligence needs some work. The most encouraging thing for me is that whenever he has played irrespective of the stage he hasn't really looked out of place, in fact quite the opposite. This shows mental strength which is why he's got a fantastic chance of making it here.

It seems that he has settled on the right back position. This is important as he can really focus on learning it. His performance against France was very encouraging in terms of the ability this guy possesses.

:lol:

Poor Rashford has no chance of getting a game either under our youth hating manager.

Who said anything about him hating youth, he just has low trust in it. There are plenty of examples, his statements etc. Also dont compare attacking player with defensive one, in JM world its not the same. Now when you mentioned Rashford, that kid would never happened if he was our manager in LvG`s 2nd season.

Guy came out with that list of players he gave debuts as some kind of proof that he is promoting youth :lol:. You can scream agenda against your landlord as much as you want but it is how it is.

TMF had a good international debut. But he's going to be a CB in the future I reckon, not a FB or DM.

I dont know.. TFM is good enough for the EPL but i dont think Riedwald is very good. Lost year he lost his place at Ajax at lb to Viergever (little talent, cant attack but hardworking), cb to de Ligt (17 years old talanted but makes a big mistake almost every match) and dm to Schone (old, good enough for Eredivisie but struggles in Europe).

Really dont understand why de Boer bought him... just because he is Dutch and past experiences i guess. If de Boer gets sacked i dont think a new manager is going to like Riedewald while i suspect the new manager will love TFM.

Yeah, I think Riedewald is a bad fit for the Prem. A lot of managers in it might prefer him as a midfielder. If he's going to develop into a useful ball playing LCB in a 3 man backline, which seems like his best career path, I think it'll be in another league.

TMF had a good international debut. But he's going to be a CB in the future I reckon, not a FB or DM.
I'd agree just because he doesn't seem to have the attacking attributes needed to be a useful full back now a days. He's bloody quick though, and super strong so I'd definitely see him making it as a right back if he improves crossing and all that. He's only 19 or something anyway.

I distinctly remember the game. Him going off injured was when the floodgates opened from our perspective. He was absolutely immense

Who said anything about him hating youth, he just has low trust in it. There are plenty of examples, his statements etc. Also dont compare attacking player with defensive one, in JM world its not the same. Now when you mentioned Rashford, that kid would never happened if he was our manager in LvG`s 2nd season.

Guy came out with that list of players he gave debuts as some kind of proof that he is promoting youth :lol:. You can scream agenda against your landlord as much as you want but it is how it is.
It's stupid agenda posting.

Rashford gets opportunities because he is the best option regardless of his age. His fantastic attitude is one thing that Mourinho loves which has allowed him those opportunities.

TFM simply isn't the best option for our RB position. Even the supposed youth loving LVG preferred Valencia over TFM, Rafael and that Uruguayan dude.

The irony of all this being that you were one of those harping for Perisic when that would have led to even lower playing time for our younger players. So the youth agenda only applies when it suits you.

Congrats to Fosu on his first full international cap, for Netherlands....

We are watching your progress young man....Keep it up and next season, we will see you back here,as a first team regular......

Not surprised he is doing well and is in good form, this is the type of football that fits him. Very combative, a lot of defensive actions, blocks, tackles, using your pace to cover and recover, physical battles. He is immense in those areas. However as a top team, against other top teams, positioning, smelling danger, tactical awareness, composure on the ball are more important, I feel Tuanzebe is far more mature in this area. Im not sure if TFM will progress much in this area at Crystal Palace and the Dutch NT.

It's stupid agenda posting.

Rashford gets opportunities because he is the best option regardless of his age. His fantastic attitude is one thing that Mourinho loves which has allowed him those opportunities.

TFM simply isn't the best option for our RB position. Even the supposed youth loving LVG preferred Valencia over TFM, Rafael and that Uruguayan dude.

The irony of all this being that you were one of those harping for Perisic when that would have led to even lower playing time for our younger players. So the youth agenda only applies when it suits you.

:lol: Ouch, you rushed into that one. Guess you saw one of mine posts and tho "Gotcha". If you wanna nail someone to have agenda and come with a proof, better check things properly. You dont even know the background of mine posts nor why i made them.

When it comes to TFM, nobody is saying that him and Axel should get more minutes then Valencia but they showed their worth and that they should get way more minutes vs out of form seniors. Mentioning LvG, TFM played in FA cup semi final vs Everton for LvG, if you think that JM would put same trust in same situation then there is no need for further discussion.

Rashford gets opportunities now because someone else made a risk and placed a trust in him before. Without that JM would never find out about his fantastic attitude and what ever not. JM placing his trust in Rashford and giving him his PL debut vs Arsenal ha, dream on.

Like i said, you can shout agenda as much as you want but JM is "if you are old enough you are good enough" . I have mine positives views about JM and have mine issues with him, nobody is perfect and thats fine by me.

It isn't necessarily age with Mou, it is experience. Rashford already had the experience and was a full international. He had the experience to be trusted. Where Mourinho falls woefully short for me is trusting those without that initial experience like Axel and never giving them enough game time for them to develop it.

Ferguson had middling success with playing central players out wide to get minutes.

Smalling and Jones got game time in less-critical positions. Perhaps this led to them becoming good central players. Perhaps not.

It develops certain traits but doesn't allow others to flourish.

TFM should play centrally. He's a good passer, has good positional discipline and can be trusted. As a right back he looks skittish. He doesn't look like a both-ways player. He looks better when coming into the ball and moving/passing forward.

The Jones/TFM/Smalling issue reminds me of Micah Richards. I still think that guy could have gone to Italy, learned to play center half and been chasing Rio. Playing scores of games as a rampaging right back really set fire to that. He had the lot.

TLDR, TFM needs games centrally. If not this year then next.

Surely the first stat cannot be true?

It is true, tackles and interceptions combined. He isn't leading in either individual category. Loftus-Cheek is averaging slightly more per game with a slightly higher tackle average per 90 but he was injured for Palace's third game. Kind of shows that Palace have been on the back foot so far.

Pretty good progress so far from TFM. From not playing much last season to three out of three EPL games plus NT debut, in which he performed decently despite the teams sucked badly. Excited to see how far he can go. A really good defensive talent to have, along Tuanzebe.

Frans Hoek with some social media approval to go with the NT coaching.

That is Sunday League stuff

TFM will be an RB or CB, genuinely don't get the obsession with him as a DM.

Agreed, for the near future at least he's a right back. He's so bloody fast, aggressive and genuinely loves tackling. Needs a bit of polishing and some work on his offensive game but he's had some really good performances there.