Thomas Tuchel negotiating with England to be their new manager

--- Foden --- Kane --- Palmer ---
Saka ---- Rice ---- Bellingham --- Trent
----Guehi --- Stones ---- Walker

Could potentially be pretty nice.
Fodens never good for England. Shouldn’t be picked because of the club he plays for.

So many in hysterics about wanting an English manager. I couldn’t give a shit. He’s the best appointment they could have made.

Gutted from a United perspective.

Is gonna be quite funny when after all those years of 'if only England had a proper manager' Champions League winner Thomas Tuchel falls short of our Gareth's tournament finishes.
Virtually Impossible Tuchel will get the lucky draws Southgate had ….no other manager could hope to fluke their way to a final.

I maintain that Howe or Potter could win a tourney with england. Probably cost about 4£ million a year less, as well.

I do accept that TT has greater odds of winning.

Not sure England could've got someone better than him, other than maybe Pep being the obvious candidate that fits the "better" criteria.

I hope Tuchel brings the likes of Rashford, Mount, Sterling, and Maguire back into the England squad to play important roles...and I think he rightly will.

Also, you can trust him in my opinion to find an optimal team balance, after all the unbalanced teams Southgate kept trying to make work in international tournaments, and he will make big, much needed changes to the team:

1. Phase out Pickford for a technical goalkeeper
2. Have Trent as his nailed-on right-back
3. Pick pacey CBs like Branthwaite and Gomez who are able to cover big spaces quickly, next to your Stones/Maguire/Guéhi/Colwill types
4. Rice needs an expansive passer next to him. Wharton fits this description the best IMO. I expect to see him play an important role as well. I also wouldn't be surprised if he used Bellingham much deeper and give Palmer a go at #10 instead.
5. Don't start Foden again when you have comfortably superior profiles and players at both wings and at #10 too. First name off the bench as an impact sub is what his optimal role should be for his country

This is worth it just to see the gammonati’s heads explode.
Really don't think many will have an issue with it. And most will think it's a good appointment.

I'm pretty excited about it tbh...he won't have long enough with the players to alienate them and he (shouldn't) have as much reason to rub the top brass up the wrong way. So glad this is the way we've gone after Southgate.

How is it overhyped? Look what they've already achieved? The talent is clearly there, I don't get how anyone can think otherwise at this point.

Overhyped in what way? Everyone in the XI is a key player for some of the strongest teams in club football. apart from Guehi/Colwil.

No idea why nobody likes or takes a look at Tomori tbh

Because a lot of people act like the team has a god given right to win a major tournament playing a great brand of football, when in reality we've rarely ever shown we can control a game when we come up against good opposition.

Some people reckon that was because of Southgate and I guess we'll see. I'm just not convinced it's quite as simple as that, and I still expect to see the technical ability of our defenders and midfielders in particular shown up whenever we play a good side.

Because a lot of people act like the team has a god given right to win a major tournament playing a great brand of football, when in reality we've rarely ever shown we can control a game when we come up against good opposition.

Some people reckon that was because of Southgate and I guess we'll see. I'm just not convinced it's quite as simple as that, and I still expect to see the technical ability of our defenders and midfielders in particular shown up whenever we play a good side.
But if we come up against a side that's better in some areas than we are, we now have a coach that's better equipped to pivot. To say that the technical ability of our defense and midfield will be shown up whenever we play a good (not even great) side is ludicrous. We're one of the top five teams in the world right now - we are a good side - so we certainly shouldn't have to play a system that has us shown up.

I get that we're naturally pessimistic but we also shouldn't underplay the wealth of talent at his disposal and the fact that this squad has decent competition chops.

Extremely disappointing news. This means the club is stuck with this shit manager with no hope of a good replacement until summer.

So many in hysterics about wanting an English manager. I couldn’t give a shit. He’s the best appointment they could have made.

Gutted from a United perspective.
The issue is this: big football nations typically do not choose foreign managers. That's a given.

But England are completely unique amongst the big nations in having a trophy drought that is approaching 60 years. So to change that, everything has to be on the table.

However, it is a surprise that they went for a German manager, given the (pretty one-sided) rivalry.

Can’t fault the appointment or the ambition at this point.
It might not work but I don’t think there is anyone better currently available and this seems like a good option.
England England uberalles?

England England uberalles?
Never. An adaption that fits the original intention would be "Great Britain über alles" or "United Kingdom über alles".

A lot of people don't seem to realize this, but that line is actually about unification as a single nation and prioritizing it over the individual member states.

Never. An adaption that fits the original intention would be "Great Britain über alles" or "United Kingdom über alles".

A lot of people don't seem to realize this, but that line is actually about unification as a single nation and prioritizing it over the individual member states.
Yes nerd we know that.

Tuchel's mid as hell. Southgate v2. Good for continuity I guess?
I feel similarly, actually. The Champions League that he flukily won with Chelsea does a LOT of heavy lifting in his resume. Otherwise it's mostly domestic stuff with teams that always win, like PSG and Bayern.