Thomas Tuchel negotiating with England to be their new manager

Is gonna be quite funny when after all those years of 'if only England had a proper manager' Champions League winner Thomas Tuchel falls short of our Gareth's tournament finishes.

--- Foden --- Kane --- Palmer ---
Saka ---- Rice ---- Bellingham --- Trent
----Guehi --- Stones ---- Walker

Could potentially be pretty nice.

Is gonna be quite funny when after all those years of 'if only England had a proper manager' Champions League winner Thomas Tuchel falls short of our Gareth's tournament finishes.
You left such a big gap at the bottom I thought there was some white text.

But yes, people moaned about Southgate, but surely they don't think anyone else would have guaranteed going 1 step further with our squad?

Let's see how good this squad really is then, or if we've overhyped it as I suspect.

Overhyped in what way?

Everyone in the XI is a key player for some of the strongest teams in club football. apart from Guehi/Colwil.

No idea why nobody likes or takes a look at Tomori tbh

Are there any people who would be upset by this?
"Why have they given the job to some lanky Jerry when Tim down the road, who has FOUR full English breakfasts a week, is doing a great job with the Leamington Hibs side? It's a faking disgrace so it is *eats second steak slice*"

--- Foden --- Kane --- Palmer ---
Saka ---- Rice ---- Bellingham --- Trent
----Guehi --- Stones ---- Walker

Could potentially be pretty nice.
Not sure why everyone assumes he’ll play 3/5 atb. He’s done that only at one stop, and is generally very tactically versatile.

Also still including Walker in these XI’s does my head in

I think in 6 months time someone will think they have dodged a bullet with this appointment.

He's an upgrade on Southgate but then that's not much of an improvement.

Considering Southgate for all his woes still managed too get us too 2 finals, an upgrade is all we need surely?

Ambitious move by England. He seems to do well in cup competitions so managing NT could fit him nice. Thought England would go for someone like Potter but this is definitely much more exciting and it could go really well.

Not a fan of this appointment. He's a good coach, and might even win something with england! But it's an embarrassment that england can't produce their own coaches of similar quality

It's looks like england might well have solved the production for quality players. Time to do the same with coaches, please.

Now, don't get me wrong I'd be delighted if he wins the WC but I can't deny it won't be a little tainted.

I would rather an english coach was given the job even if there is a huge gap in quality. Since when do you have to be a great coach to have success with the NT anyway? Is the current Spanish coach, great? certainly, not a big name.

How is this going to work, isn’t he a complete control freak? How’s he going to cope with only seeing his players a few weeks a year, then watching them get played in different positions/tactics/getting injured every week. Surely it’ll drive him insane? And that’s before the media start annihilating him every time we don’t win 4-0

England were qualifying for the final rounds because of Southgate's ultra pragmatic approach to the game.

Tuchel is a defensive manager (not pragmatic) with tendencies to be a bit too reactive which mean England won't be going as deep in the cups anymore.

Great appointment. I do understand why some prefer an English manager, I would have settled with Potter if it came to that but ultimately you have to make the decision that gives you the best chance to win a big title and that comes with Tuchel. I actually think from a manager profile perspective, he's probably the best choice we could have got. Even if Pep was willing to take over at the end of the season, I actually think I would have preferred Tuchel over him.

You left such a big gap at the bottom I thought there was some white text.

But yes, people moaned about Southgate, but surely they don't think anyone else would have guaranteed going 1 step further with our squad?
That is just the affect of my (extremely necessary) location, I believe!