Thomas Tuchel | England Manager

Nah, the deal with England is off. Mazraoui is in the background and he’s looking in the direction of Manchester. Although that dwarf in red on the right looks awfully smug, so maybe he knows something we don’t.

By the time we decide to pull the trigger on Ten Hags position, there wont be anyone left to take over realistically.

Looking forward to seeing this attack

Diallo--Mainoo--Eriksen--Rashord
-------------Mount-----Bruno-------------
Swap Eriksen for Casemiro and you have our first three lineups this season.

As an England fan, I think this would be a cracking appointment. Given he is a pretty good cup manager and tactically flexible with a good group of players - I think it's near enough the best appointment England could hope for.

At the same time, I would rather United hire Tuchel and England hire Potter.

Having a half decent manager in international football is basically cheating.

I can't believe the inventors of football would stoop this low.

Not the best of sources. They probably heard something from Tuchel's side, probably someone connected to his agent in some way. There will be a grain of truth but the story will likely be overblown or misleading.

He is an excellent tournament coach, so this would make sense to me.

Nah, the deal with England is off. Mazraoui is in the background and he’s looking in the direction of Manchester. Although that dwarf in red on the right looks awfully smug, so maybe he knows something we don’t.

He looks like he's after cutting one and knows just Tuchel walked right into it.

Would be a great appointment IMO.

I'd love for it to happen just for Maguire and Rashford too. Two players who should be nailed on to start for England, regardless of club form, and Tuchel would recognize that in my opinion.

Basically his agents are pitching for United to give him the biggest possible contract under his terms or…or…
He might manage England

Will be funny if Tuchel takes the England job to work with the players at hand, after all the criticism of him being bad for Utd due to his demand of control over transfers.

Would be a great appointment IMO.

I'd love for it to happen just for Maguire and Rashford too. Two players who should be nailed on to start for England, regardless of club form, and Tuchel would recognize that in my opinion.
Have to disagree. Rashford has shown the highest ceiling of the alternative LW options but he shouldn't be nailed on to start. Maguire has largely been good for England but I don't think he's all that important. He was missing at the Euros and it wasn't a topic whatsoever, even when Guehi got suspended top.

Have to disagree. Rashford has shown the highest ceiling of the alternative LW options but he shouldn't be nailed on to start. Maguire has largely been good for England but I don't think he's all that important. He was missing at the Euros and it wasn't a topic whatsoever, even when Guehi got suspended top.

Every alternative to Rashford on that left hand side for England has failed miserably so far. Tbh the likes of Sterling, Gordon and Grealish could've done well but Southgate prioritized Foden for whatever reason...

And yeah, Guéhi did well at the Euros, but he's not on Maguire's level overall IMO. Also way shorter than him and not dominant aerially.

Will be funny if Tuchel takes the England job to work with the players at hand, after all the criticism of him being bad for Utd due to his demand of control over transfers.
Surely that proves the point? He’s a top coach, he’s not that old but no club has seemed that interested. Managers in charge of transfers is dying out now, England have an incredible pool of talent he can draw from and just make big money with a chilled schedule.

Let’s do this!

If he can help my country win a major tournament after helping my club win a CL, he might just catapult himself into my favourite coach of all time.

Let’s do this!

If he can help my country win a major tournament after helping my club win a CL, he might just catapult himself into my favourite coach of all time.
"my country"?

I didn't realise His Majesty King Charles III was a redcafe member.

Surely that proves the point? He’s a top coach, he’s not that old but no club has seemed that interested. Managers in charge of transfers is dying out now, England have an incredible pool of talent he can draw from and just make big money with a chilled schedule.
I think Chelsea fans will tell you that it was the exact opposite when Tuchel was there. He didn't want to get involved as deeply with recruitment as Clearlake wanted him to, and it caused friction between the two parties.

I feel like this notion that Tuchel rejected us because he wanted too much control is just a myth with no truth behind it. Has any reliable source actually claimed this to be the case?

We've done it before with two highly rated club managers in Sven and Capello. No one cared.
What would his system/style be with England?

By the time we decide to pull the trigger on Ten Hags position, there wont be anyone left to take over realistically.
This tells me we want someone who’s already at a club and are prepared to wait until the summer. It’s quite obvious now if ETH gets sacked it will be down to Ruud and Rene until the end of the season