Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Think this will also be Joe's turning point, feels slighted that having done all he has doesn't get his title shot, could see it from the promo he cut with Regal prior to the battle royale

Might still get it mind you, they could go for a 1st contenders match after they have a rivalry built for a while. Corbin wins it dirty, defines himself as a heel and Apollo is still made to look strong in that match. He has to lose sometime...

Also: That huge pop for Dean on Smackdown was very satisfying. The whole match & it's segments were great, well done in defining New Day as heels some more.

I'd say he'd already defined himself as a heel with his promos recently ripping into the indie guys :lol: that's more of the character I'd like to see. Maybe he is in line after crews and joe though. Itll be interesting to see how much better he can get in that time.

Think this will also be Joe's turning point, feels slighted that having done all he has doesn't get his title shot, could see it from the promo he cut with Regal prior to the battle royale

Having watched the whole NXT from this week, they have a perfect story arc for a few guys if they wish. Breeze eliminated Joe illegally. So Joe can face Breeze for now.
Apollo can go after the title (next month - a November title shot on a NXT if they want). They can have Joe lose to Breeze (would be his first pinfall loss I believe) but then snap afterward, and take out both Apollo and Finn in the main event, turning fully heel. They can then have Joe vs Finn for the title. Meanwhile Apollo can go against Corbin.

Anyway, interesting to see where they go especially with the next special in December (wembley).

Surely Cena himself must want a heel run at some point. Every wrestler/ex-wrestler I've ever heard talking on the subject always says being the bad guy was much more fun.

I remember Bret Hart was a heel in the US and a babyface in Canada. Could they do something where Cena stayed a good guy to the kids but a heel to everyone else?

Could they do something where Cena stayed a good guy to the kids but a heel to everyone else?

That's pretty much what he is already though, I'm not sure how you could even improve it because anything heel-ish that Cena did would draw cheers from the fans that usually boo him whereas the fans that cheer him are only going to stop if you have him turn on them. He's pretty much the perfect version of an anti-New Day that you can get at this point.

As for him wanting to turn heel, I'm sure he's said before that he didn't want to because all the kids who look up to him would be let down if he were to turn on them, or something to that effect. Vince isn't going to want to turn his cash cow either.

Surely Cena himself must want a heel run at some point. Every wrestler/ex-wrestler I've ever heard talking on the subject always says being the bad guy was much more fun.

I remember Bret Hart was a heel in the US and a babyface in Canada. Could they do something where Cena stayed a good guy to the kids but a heel to everyone else?
Being face is where the money is though. Don't think Cena, or WWE, want to mess with that.

That's pretty much what he is already though, I'm not sure how you could even improve it because anything heel-ish that Cena did would draw cheers from the fans that usually boo him whereas the fans that cheer him are only going to stop if you have him turn on them. He's pretty much the perfect version of an anti-New Day that you can get at this point.

As for him wanting to turn heel, I'm sure he's said before that he didn't want to because all the kids who look up to him would be let down if he were to turn on them, or something to that effect. Vince isn't going to want to turn his cash cow either.

I've heard Cena talk about the kid but kids have short memories. They still loved Hogan, Michaels, Austin, Rock, etc after their various turns.

Also, a heel Cena would open up so many interesting matches/storylines. Heel Cena v face Brock, Bryan or even perhaps a face Rollins?

It won't happen I know.

Being face is where the money is though. Don't think Cena, or WWE, want to mess with that.

Cena won't go on forever, they'll need a new superman soon enough. Maybe Cena gets so kayfabe jealous of Reigns' push, Bryan's popularity or Brock's badassery that it drives him to cheat and be a bad guy.

What I really want is Bray Wyatt to kidnap Cena, have him off TV for a month then bring him back on TV with a beard and the spirit of Eddie Guerrero at his most heelish. He can have a shave after six months and go back to being super-Cena.

When he as on Jericho's podcast, Cena said he would turn heel as long as there is somebody else to fill in all of his 'make a wish' duties, someone ready to put smiles on the kids faces etc. Hinted at Reigns from what I remember. I can't see a heel turn coming for a long time.

When he as on Jericho's podcast, Cena said he would turn heel as long as there is somebody else to fill in all of his 'make a wish' duties, someone ready to put smiles on the kids faces etc. Hinted at Reigns from what I remember. I can't see a heel turn coming for a long time.
I get it, and his place within the hearts of children is incredible. But a heel turn would be one of the best things the company can do right now. But yeah, at one point they will need a new Superman, and I have no idea who that will be. Money is on Reigns.

I'm having a weird problem on the network.

they closed captions stay on no matter what i do on my iphone, even if i tap the cc button in the bottom right corner, it just highlights but the subs stay on, it's so annoying. Any ideas?

Im guessing a cena heel turn wouldnt make sense for Cena unless creative changed. If I were Cena I wouldnt want to risk that either as it will be good short term, but long term, I could see it messing up.

A Cena heel turn would be good to pass the torch on to the next kid friendly super face. The thing is if it is going to be Reigns then it's going to be horrible. He just doesn't work as a Cena replacement and if they are working to have him replace Cena in that role then he's just going to end up being ruined.

Cena was due to have a heel turn sometime around 2011, but it was nixed at a late stage by Vince. Apparently his thinking was that they didn't have a babyface that could pick up the slack in merchandise sales.

This is probably what a heel Cena would have looked like:

m6APDk0.jpg

It's from an episode of Total Divas where Cena has 'old wrestling gear' that he shows Nikki. WWE filed a trademark for the phrase 'Fear My Name' around the time of his planned turn, and the gear has Cena's name printed on the rear so it was tailored for him.

We obviously don't know the creative that would have went with it, but if Cena did become a heel then it probably would have resembled this and revolved around that catchphrase.

Absolutely. Better then the final in my opinion.

yeah, I wasn't really into the final until Speedball was eliminated. I really like all 3 guys (even though Speedball has the worst look in wrestling) but it felt like 3 guys who while very good just didn't have much chemistry as a trio.

The show also made me really want to see Zack vs Pentagon on a show where Zack doesn't have another 2 matches later in the night. Was a very fun taster.

Triple H has his shovel out for Ru Ru, apparently something significant will happen with him tonight.

Also good to see Taker doing house shows, saw a pic of him and Kane in Monterry

Cena was due to have a heel turn sometime around 2011, but it was nixed at a late stage by Vince. Apparently his thinking was that they didn't have a babyface that could pick up the slack in merchandise sales.

This is probably what a heel Cena would have looked like:

m6APDk0.jpg

It's from an episode of Total Divas where Cena has 'old wrestling gear' that he shows Nikki. WWE filed a trademark for the phrase 'Fear My Name' around the time of his planned turn, and the gear has Cena's name printed on the rear so it was tailored for him.

We obviously don't know the creative that would have went with it, but if Cena did become a heel then it probably would have resembled this and revolved around that catchphrase.
How good would it be that Cena returns as this after his Hiatus? He ends up destroying people left right and centre, interrupting title matches etc, then all of a sudden has a brilliant vince like reveal:D

Triple H has his shovel out for Ru Ru, apparently something significant will happen with him tonight.

Would be over the moon if he did the Newcastle house show in 3 weeks when I go, although massively doubt it :D

What do you mean? The burial of Rusev?

It looks and sounds like an incredible show, this is in no way connected to that picture which will cause a big stir while the show is still airing :wenger:

It's all Vince this, he is absolutely furious over Lana leaking the engagement story, and he's not the only one (Summer and Dolph most notably).

Pretty sure Taker is just doing the Mexico tour, Raw tonight, Sunday then nothing until the Mania build, although I guess they could possibly do Roman and the Brothers of Yer Da-struction vs the Wyatt Family. Doing the Mexico tour suggests to me Taker vs Big Stronglad at Mania.

Rusev and Lana can't really be angry if they're punished. They were on the opposite sides of a romance storyline (Granted, the story was awful...), then they announced they were engaged and left Summer and Ziggler in the shitter.

It looks and sounds like an incredible show, this is in no way connected to that picture which will cause a big stir while the show is still airing :wenger:

It's all Vince this, he is absolutely furious over Lana leaking the engagement story, and he's not the only one (Summer and Dolph most notably).

Pretty sure Taker is just doing the Mexico tour, Raw tonight, Sunday then nothing until the Mania build, although I guess they could possibly do Roman and the Brothers of Yer Da-struction vs the Wyatt Family. Doing the Mexico tour suggests to me Taker vs Big Stronglad at Mania.
I read that he was in much better shape these days and open to working more dates for the company.

Think Lana put a picture of her engagement ring on Instagram, but it was WWE who actually pushed the story to TMZ several weeks later. WWE have worked with TMZ before, and the fact they named the source and actually showed the article on programming (when Vince is very typical of Sponsorship) is telling.

Think Lana put a picture of her engagement ring on Instagram, but it was WWE who actually pushed the story to TMZ several weeks later. WWE have worked with TMZ before, and the fact they named the source and actually showed the article on programming (when Vince is very typical of Sponsorship) is telling.

It's nowhere near as telling as you make out.

Lana/her people have directly sold stories to TMZ in the past without WWE's permission and I'm 90% certain WWE mentioned that on programming. Stephanie is very big on outside "mainstream" exposure, once the story was out they needed to try to regain control.