Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

It was good.

My question is: Why did that Montreal crowd under-react to Bret's music hitting? They were already loudly booing HBK, and while they did pop at Bret's music, it wasn't quite on the scale you'd expect with it potentially being their hero's WWE "homecoming" after like 8 years? I expected them to go mental.

Unless there were already internet rumors at that time.
To completely honest, I only heard a huge pop.

Maybe the acoustics are out since a lot of pops go from silence to that loud rour, whereas here an already fairly loud crowd transition to cheering so it mightn't be as noticeable.

My favourite visual is the shock on the kid slapping the barrier's face in the background when the guitar riff first plays.

Cena has just released all brand new merchandise, the orange and green gear he wore on RAW this week, and WWE are emailing out his new range is in stock now. Seeing as it's all completely plastered with 15x champion, I can't see him winning this weekend. It may be completely insignificant, but personally I think it's bad marketing to release new gear saying one thing, marketing the hell out of it and then have him winning and making it all irrelevant only a week later.

I think that the WWE have noticed this and that's why they are really trying to promote actual tag teams now. I definitely agree that there have been far too many forced teams in recent times but I think all 4 teams in the Fatal 4 Way at SummerSlam are different because they are actual tag teams and work together as proper tag teams. Ironically New Day are a forced team, and it seems the WWE got lucky because they work so well together.

You should listen to New Day on Jericho's podcast, very funny guys, anyway they talk about how they were pushing to team up for months prior to being so on screen. They rode together coming up with ideas etc…

Cena has just released all brand new merchandise, the orange and green gear he wore on RAW this week, and WWE are emailing out his new range is in stock now. Seeing as it's all completely plastered with 15x champion, I can't see him winning this weekend. It may be completely insignificant, but personally I think it's bad marketing to release new gear saying one thing, marketing the hell out of it and then have him winning and making it all irrelevant only a week later.

You're assuming the left hand knows what the right is doing.

Fwiw I am certain Cena doesn't leave with the title, but it's nothing to do with the merch.

You should listen to New Day on Jericho's podcast, very funny guys, anyway they talk about how they were pushing to team up for months prior to being so on screen. They rode together coming up with ideas etc…

You're assuming the left hand knows what the right is doing.

Fwiw I am certain Cena doesn't leave with the title, but it's nothing to do with the merch.

Cool, I will give the podcast a listen. Thanks :)

Yeah, I know it's not really anything to do with what goes on in the ring, I'd just find it a bit daft considering the timing. But as you said, that's assuming they actually talk about this beforehand.

I don't think he will leave with the title either. I'm sure Seamus will cash in and leave Rollins with the US Title.

Would fit the narrative of Rollins needing to become a more graceful/true champion. Especially with Seamus thrown in the mix. Guess Cena will lose to Rollins but Rollins will lose to Seamus in return.

Would fit the narrative of Rollins needing to become a more graceful/true champion. Especially with Seamus thrown in the mix. Guess Cena will lose to Rollins but Rollins will lose to Seamus in return.

Thats what i see happening. Sheamus having the MITB right now is the worst thing just because Rollins/Cenas outcome would be more interesting otherwise imo.

What happens if Sheamus cashes in, inserts himself into the match and gets pinned?

This is where I'm thinking it's going. Without precedent they can say whatever they want, but my assumption is Sheamus wouldn't be involved in the U.S. title stip, so Seth pinning Sheamus would mean both men keep their belts.

Then WWE looks damn stupid giving him the briefcase in the first place. I still think Roman Reigns would have been better off winning it.

Or they intentionally gave it to someone who was going to be unsuccessful. It doesn't need a 100% success rate to be a useful plot device.

This is where I'm thinking it's going. Without precedent they can say whatever they want, but my assumption is Sheamus wouldn't be involved in the U.S. title stip, so Seth pinning Sheamus would mean both men keep their belts.

Or they intentionally gave it to someone who was going to be unsuccessful. It doesn't need a 100% success rate to be a useful plot device.
A Sheamus title reign would be a disaster..the crowd dont really seem invested in his character at all..I think creative's use of giving people the title to get them over , rather than the correct way round simply wont work.

Yeah since Sheamus won MitB I've been thinking he'll probably cash it in unsuccessfully. Would that make him the first to do so?

What do you mean, is Summerslam moved a day? Surely not? I'm looking forward to Summerslam, although I have to wait for a bit to watch it due to my holiday starting tomorrow.

No, the Fatal Four way for the tag titles has been moved to the pre-show. I think that's what he meant. But that's been moved back not forward, and not by a day. So maybe I got it wrong. :confused:

It wouldn't really do any damage to Sheamus and giving Rollins a PPV win in a match *involving* Cena is something he can twist to brag about beating Cena for a while. Sheamus was a strange choice for MitB winner but him losing this would justify it (to an extent) and give their Mania-lite show a 'big', one-off moment to talk about forever.

This may just be the hangover talking.

Everyone watch this!

Give it a chance, Tanahashi vs Nakamura, G1 tournament finale. Best match of the series according to Meltzer at least..

Edit: Nakamura is red pants, Tanhashi pattern pants.

Last edited:
Everyone watch this!

Give it a chance, Tanahashi vs Nakamura, G1 tournament finale. Best match of the series according to Meltzer at least..

Edit: Nakamura is red pants, Tanhashi pattern pants.

He's right tbh. Nakamura and Tanahashi despite being two of the best don't tend to work well together, but this match was very close to being five star (to me, I know Melty gave it all five).

I can't recommend it more. Incredible match. Possibly in my top 5 of the year.

Great match, not the best of the series for me.

Hearing great things in regards to yesterdays show in regards to Shibata/Tanahashi. Too much going on this weekend to even consider trying to watch it, will try catch it on Monday.

Looking forward to the NXT show tonight.

With all the noise Reigns and Ambrose are making about Wyatt and Harper not being a tight family and everything, what do you guys think will happen there? Feels a bit like a set up for some drama between Reigns and Ambrose to me.

Looking forward to NXT tonight, should be a belter, plus got Monday off with a friend coming round tomorrow night so should be a good weekend.

1am start for NXT right?

Looking forward to NXT tonight, should be a belter, plus got Monday off with a friend coming round tomorrow night so should be a good weekend.

1am start for NXT right?

2am tonight, should be a decent enough show. Breeze vs Liger or the women in particular could steal the show.

Slight aside, here is Emma and her neice being adorable

With all the noise Reigns and Ambrose are making about Wyatt and Harper not being a tight family and everything, what do you guys think will happen there? Feels a bit like a set up for some drama between Reigns and Ambrose to me.
Probably turn Ambrose heel in some stupidly fecking illogical manner

EDIT: Hope to god i can power through to nxt, it'll be a cracker again no doubt. fecking United making me drink.

Think I'm in the minority...but I hate Bayley! Like seriously shes cringe-worthy...or maybe I'm being bias cause Sasha is probably my favorite wrestler in the world right now...man or woman.

Think I'm in the minority...but I hate Bayley! Like seriously shes cringe-worthy...or maybe I'm being bias cause Sasha is probably my favorite wrestler in the world right now...man or woman.
She's got a chin like a girl I knew in school who was an absolute bitch.

tumblr_mb50ciU95W1rxpkbxo1_250.gif

I can see her gimmick dying on the main roster though, similar to Emma.

Spankey Gets Hand Jobs
Chad Is Raw
Lucka *** Fat Ass
Stone Cold Killed Kenny
Cactus Jack Killed 2 Pac
Happy 100th Birthday Hulk Hogan

Just some of the signs seen during a single episode of Attitude era Raw. Worth the tenner a month alone.

She's got a chin like a girl I knew in school who was an absolute bitch.
Yeah its not a looks thing, I don't find Sasha attractive but think shes the most complete package to come along since Eddie Guerrero.
tumblr_mb50ciU95W1rxpkbxo1_250.gif

I can see her gimmick dying on the main roster though, similar to Emma.
:lol: That gif is awesome. Don't like Emma either.
Hopefully Bayley wins the title today :)
Foregone conclusion I think, sadly.

Wonder if stings gonna show up. There were rumours everywhere a while ago but it's simmered down now

I do wonder if he'll appear. The rumours last month dead cert he'd be involved at SummerSlam but as you say it kind of went away. I've read a few fan theories he could cost Taker the match against Lesner, set up the Wrestlemania Sting/Taker match.

Lita looks amazing. Renee always does too.

Arena looks fantastic too.

Has it started? I thought it only starts in 45 mins time? :( My network isn't showing this til 9.30 am (+0800)

Was worried about the arena but it is in keeping with NXT...deary me Lita. I feel 13 again.