Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

I think WWE will buck the trend and have Owens go over again. I then think they'll fight for the US title at SS. Owens is HHH's guy, he's going to get pushed to the moon.

Id love to see Owens beat Cena again and I think Kofi Kingston will win MitB!

Anyone reckon Owens will be 2-0 after tonights match vs Cena?

Would love to see him win but, Cena losing clean twice will have me thinking the end is nigh! As much as I'd love to see Owens win I reckon Cena will get a DQ win.

Cena will be close to a win and Owens will cheat to get himself DQ (Probably hit Cena in the head with title). The rubber match will probably be at Summersham then.

I think WWE will buck the trend and have Owens go over again. I then think they'll fight for the US title at SS. Owens is HHH's guy, he's going to get pushed to the moon.

Both of you have forgotten about Payback next month.

Both of you have forgotten about Payback next month.

Battleground isn't it? I didn't forget it.

They might do a slow burn towards the rubber match at Summerslam. They need to find time for him to drop the NXT title and he could do it in or around Battleground maybe? That's one possibility.

They can't have him lose it clean because it makes him look weak, they can't have him do what Austin done with the IC Title and just drop it ("Bigger fish to fry" I believe the quote was) because it belittles the NXT title and undoes all the work they've put into NXT then.

I think the only logical thing they can do is title v title and have owens with the US Strap at Summerslam and have him drop the NXT Title post SS.

Really is one helluva messy situation they've created :lol:

They might do a slow burn towards the rubber match at Summerslam. They need to find time for him to drop the NXT title and he could do it in or around Battleground maybe? That's one possibility.

They can't have him lose it clean because it makes him look weak, they can't have him do what Austin done with the IC Title and just drop it ("Bigger fish to fry" I believe the quote was) because it belittles the NXT title and undoes all the work they've put into NXT then.

I think the only logical thing they can do is title v title and have owens with the US Strap at Summerslam and have him drop the NXT Title post SS.

it's the best storyline going though at the moment, i can't even decide how i would book it.

either, Owens goes over clean tonight. it would make a star, no dirty finish, just another great match and Owens going over clean, from there he can challenge Cena for the US Title, but he has to win it. from there The Authority can make him vacate the belt, it wouldn't devalue the title because it wouldn't be owens choice, then the next NXT supershow there can be a tournament to crown the new champion, the new champ wins 3 matches in one night gives credibility to the championship.

Or Cena goes over and we get the rubber match.

Or Owens wins with a dirty finish and Cena wants a rematch but Owens will only fight him if the US title is on the line and we go from there.

I have been going round and round in my head with it, and i still don't know how i would book it.

it's the best storyline going though at the moment, i can't even decide how i would book it.

either, Owens goes over clean tonight. it would make a star, no dirty finish, just another great match and Owens going over clean, from there he can challenge Cena for the US Title, but he has to win it. from there The Authority can make him vacate the belt, it wouldn't devalue the title because it wouldn't be owens choice, then the next NXT supershow there can be a tournament to crown the new champion, the new champ wins 3 matches in one night gives credibility to the championship.

Or Owens wins with a dirty finish and Cena wants a rematch but Owens will only fight him if the US title is on the line and we go from there.

I have been going round and round in my head with it, and i still don't know how i would book it.

Yep, spot on... Gives you a bit of a headache thinking about it all, how the feck did Vince and Patterson do this for so many years! :lol:

Two things I don't want to see myself, Cena win clean as I think it'll do some damage to Owens badass, loner "aura" he has going on at the moment and I hope to god they don't put him in with the Authority (if they dump Rollins). Whoever is leading the Authority just turns into a cowardly, weak looking heel. It wouldn't suit Owens at all being in the Authority.

Yep, spot on... Gives you a bit of a headache thinking about it all, how the feck did Vince and Patterson do this for so many years! :lol:

Two things I don't want to see myself, Cena win clean as I think it'll do some damage to Owens badass, loner "aura" he has going on at the moment and I hope to god they don't put him in with the Authority (if they dump Rollins). Whoever is leading the Authority just turns into a cowardly, weak looking heel. It wouldn't suit Owens at all being in the Authority.
Don't even get me started on the title match, i've been fantasy booking that this week too, my mind is shot i think.

Don't even get me started on the title match, i've been fantasy booking that this week too, my mind is shot i think.

Mulling over weather they'll turn Reigns, it'd be huge surprise but it doesn't make sense then if they want to build him up for next years Mania surely? Doesn't look like the Authority will be helping Rollins so you'd think if he is retaining he has to get an assist from somewhere.

My predictions:

• Barrett
  • Cena - DQ win
  • Reigns
  • Rollins
  • PTP
  • Ryback
  • Nikki Bella

Mulling over weather they'll turn Reigns, it'd be huge surprise but it doesn't make sense then if they want to build him up for next years Mania surely? Doesn't look like the Authority will be helping Rollins so you'd think if he is retaining he has to get an assist from somewhere.

My predictions:

• Barrett
  • Cena - DQ win
  • Reigns
  • Rollins
  • PTP
  • Ryback
  • Nikki Bella
You are forgetting how popular Brock was becoming, he is the wild card, i am half expecting him to turn up tonight.

It's strange that all of HHH's underlings work as chickenshit heels, when he was a prime example of the exact opposite himself.

Well that's the only real type of heel in there at the moment (Chickenshit heel), was listening to the Austin podcast with Court Bauer and they both said heels have become very formulaic. I think that's why Owens has been so refreshing, great to see a legit bad ass who gets it done in the ring.

What I would do, Owens and Cena tonight ends in a double dq/double countout, whatever and have it essentially be a no contest. It's far too soon for this rematch anyway.

With regards to the NXT title, Kev should drop that to Demon Finn with his 'home advantage' in Japan, have a killer match and really make the NXT title look like a huge fecking deal, especially with how into Finn the crowd will be compared to Kev, who doesn't have that Japanese background. Finn winning is even more important after that excellent video they had on NXT this week which if played on Raw (it fecking should be, it's not even 50 seconds long ffs).

Then you've got Owens pissed off at losing his prize, he is a prize fighter afterall. Now he actually wants Cena's belt, adding some more depth to the feud. Should allow them to get Battleground match and a Summerslam match.

Again, that's just what makes most sense to me, not particularly based on anything. It does bring in the question of what happens with Joe now that he's signed full time, unless they've decided to screw the Owens stuff and make him a team with Cesaro. Or maybe he plays a role in the Owens Finn match, I'm not sure whether he has any indie dates around then.

It's strange that all of HHH's underlings work as chickenshit heels, when he was a prime example of the exact opposite himself.

These damn millennials, always expecting things to be handed to them.

There's a lot of mystery around this PPV, it makes a refreshing change.

I have been re-watching 'The Monday night war' series on the network recently, so many memories. I wish they hadn't included Vince Russo in the show though, i hate him so fecking much.

There's a lot of mystery around this PPV, it makes a refreshing change.

I have been re-watching 'The Monday night war' series on the network recently, so many memories. I wish they hadn't included Vince Russo in the show though, i hate him so fecking much.

Me too, I got the network after Mania and stuck with it since. Bit pissed about them not having more of the attitude era RAW episodes, but I'm a determined fecker and between Dailymotion and few others sources managed to find more episodes from 1999.

I was watching it so much recently and my partner started to get into it and now she is completely and utterly addicted. We started out on the network stuff and now we're up to July 99 and edging towards Summerslam 99.

The difference in quality from AE to now is just mind boggling.

Well that's the only real type of heel in there at the moment (Chickenshit heel), was listening to the Austin podcast with Court Bauer and they both said heels have become very formulaic. I think that's why Owens has been so refreshing, great to see a legit bad ass who gets it done in the ring.
Yup, best thing about Owen at the moment, just because he's getting to done, he stands out.

One thing I don't like about Rollins at the moment, could have just had him as a flashy, arrogant asshole, he shouldn't be a chicken as he's obviously incredibly talented.
True that, would they use up one of his appearances tonight? Hmm...
Is his new deal still appearance based?

Its great isnt it because its not predictable. The one thing they really cannot or shouldnt do is have Cena beat Owens cleanly and get his win back tonight. If theres one guy on the whole roster who can not get a win back as a face and still be over its Cena. Heck, he was the first guy to cash in MITB and not win the title and it didnt hurt him. (though it really damaged Sandow)

Given the Japan show is actually being shown onthe network, I will be very surprised if Owens doesnt lose the title to Balor that night.

Yup, best thing about Owen at the moment, just because he's getting to done, he stands out.

One thing I don't like about Rollins at the moment, could have just had him as a flashy, arrogant asshole, he shouldn't be a chicken as he's obviously incredibly talented.

Is his new deal still appearance based?

Yeah, When he won it at Mania I was hoping they'd have him a bit like Michaels when he was with DX. Obviously toned down due to PG but still have him arrogant and cocky and back it up in the ring, not chicken shit and whiny. I'd like to see him retain and do it clean myself to give him some heat back after that feckin awful finish at The Chamber.

I think it is appearance based, far as I'm aware. Stand to be corrected though.

Its great isnt it because its not predictable. The one thing they really cannot or shouldnt do is have Cena beat Owens cleanly and get his win back tonight. If theres one guy on the whole roster who can not get a win back as a face and still be over its Cena. Heck, he was the first guy to cash in MITB and not win the title and it didnt hurt him. (though it really damaged Sandow)

Given the Japan show is actually being shown onthe network, I will be very surprised if Owens doesnt lose the title to Balor that night.

Yep, unpredictability will always gain viewers. When your watching something that leaves you guessing it creates a much better product.

Saying that, the Japan show could be a bit predictable for Owens to go over but it's probably the best thing to do in this scenario to get the NXT strap off Owens. @phelans shorts scenario seems fairly safe to play out, it'd create a great match for Summerslam.

Ill be very very surprised if Owens retains on the Network Japan show. If it wasnt being broadcast, then its another thing. Given they added the match and want to give people a whole "anything can happen on a network show" feel, the NXT title changing hands looks like best bet. TBH, it would be best way for it to be taken of Owens hands esp if Joe gets involved (though its not needed given it will be "the devil inside him")

Smackdown also ended nicely with Neville looking strong.

Holy shit.

TNA have just announced that Slammiversary will be broadcast LIVE on challenge, the first time ever a TNA ppv has been broadcast live in the uk (well obviously it isn't but it's the first time it's ever supposed to have been)

I will probably watch it, im interested to see if they go commercial free, or if they have a channel 4 type clusterfeck.

when's it on?

watch TNA now and again, loved the EC3 vs Spud match. But since then the quality has dropped off again for me.

when's it on?

watch TNA now and again, loved the EC3 vs Spud match. But since then the quality has dropped off again for me.
TNA is terrible, but i am intrigued, it's the last sunday of the month i think, 28th or 29th.

I don't even watch it, but i saw them announce it on their FB page, i have unliked and unfollowed them several times and they just don't go.

TNA is terrible, but i am intrigued, it's the last sunday of the month i think, 28th or 29th.

I don't even watch it, but i saw them announce it on their FB page, i have unliked and unfollowed them several times and they just don't go.

It's tough going trying to stay invested in TNA. They just feck themselves over every time they do something good. One step forward, five backwards!

Brock is booked for RAW tomorrow night I'm fairly sure he must do something at MITB tonight. Kofi is going to have a big part to play in the MITB ladder match I have him down to win it.

It's Lesnar vs Kofi Kingston in Japan in a few weeks that's just too random of a match, Kofi is getting a push.

Imagine Kofi with the briefcase and new day using it like they do the tag titles with the free bird rule it could be excellent. NEW DAY ROCKS!

Either that or we get the excitement of Reigns winning MITB that leaves us with another 6 months of Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose battling it out for the title.....yawn.

Last edited:
Brock is booked for RAW tomorrow night I'm fairly sure he must do something at MITB tonight. Kofi is going to have a big part to play in the MITB ladder match I have him down to win it.

It's Lesnar vs Kofi Kingston in Japan in a few weeks that's just too random of a match, Kofi is getting a push.

Imagine Kofi with the briefcase and new day using it like they do the tag titles with the free bird rule it could be excellent.
You think that Body fetish Vince is going to push a man with no pecks?

Imagine Kofi with the briefcase and new day using it like they do the tag titles with the free bird rule it could be excellent. NEW DAY ROCKS!

The show wasn't planned to air when Brock was booked (long story, it wasn't and still isn't to the best of my knowledge one of his official dates).

The scenario I posted day after EC looks even more likely now IMO. Everything is taking shape nicely for Summerslam's big matches.

Bizarre where this Kofi stuff has come from. The idea of him winning MITB and holding the briefcase is one of the most hilarious things I've heard in ages.

Bizarre where this Kofi stuff has come from. The idea of him winning MITB and holding the briefcase is one of the most hilarious things I've heard in ages.

I think New Day have massive potential, they get heat from the crowd and are decent on the mic plus the '3 for the price of 1' free bird thing they got going is refreshing, a push up the card will be a good move for me. There were rumours last year of Big E being pushed for the title but Triple H convinced him to go with Rollins instead.

Anyone but Reigns for me anyway I can't be bothered with him being around the title anymore he's boring as feck.

Last edited:
I think New Day have massive potential, they get heat from the crowd and are decent on the mic plus the '3 for the price of 1' free bird thing they got going is refreshing, a push up the card will be a good move for me. There were rumours last year of Big E being pushed for the title but Triple H convinced him to go with Rollins instead.

Anyone but Reigns for me anyway I can't be bothered with him being around the title anymore he's boring as feck.
I think if reigns wins it then it opens so many shield + Lesnar options that it would almost be stupid not to book him to win it.