Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he choses them I'm going to feck shit up.

He's a bloody idiot if he does though, he'd get more games sticking at Barca than trying to get past their lot.

Hopefully it's just the press looking for a fresh angle as we all get tired of the same story and the same rehashed quotes.

Why is a report attributed to one news paper more believable than conflicting reports attributed to other newspapers?

At least the lad is looking out for us. Hiring a support group to break the news and that.

It's funny how negative some people are about transfers to the club. Most people have eventually stopped reading the positive articles since they appear so much, the first negative article in a while and it's definitely off.

This may just be out of desperation, but the general consensus seems to be that Pep has told him Martinez will play as a centre-back and then Thiago will slot into midfield. However, this appears to me like something that the paper could easily have envisioned as a possibility and decided to turn into a story. It could have real legs to it, but I think they could be taking a slight shot in the dark with it.

It's funny how negative some people are about transfers to the club. Most people have eventually stopped reading the positive articles since they appear so much, the first negative article in a while and it's definitely off.

To be honest, it's probably what will happen / has happened.

I was the second highest poster in this thread not long back, but I've got to the stage where I just couldn't give a feck what happens. I suspect it won't happen, but I'm returning my interest to the players we have already for the tour, like Januzaj. More than anything i want to see him and other youngsters doing well.There's just no point getting hung up on shit like this.

Is anyone actually surprised? Sadly was always the likely option.

:lol: The second you see something negative 'I knew he'd never come to us anyway!'

Bayern is clearly not 'the likely option'. Anything he can get at Bayern, he could get by simply staying at Barca. The one thing Barca can't give him, playing time, is even less available at Bayern.

He might go there, but it still won't have been 'the likely option', however much hindsight you slap on.

:lol: The second you see something negative 'I knew he'd never come to us anyway!'

Bayern is clearly not 'the likely option'. Anything he can get at Bayern, he could get by simply staying at Barca. The one thing Barca can't give him, playing time, is even less available at Bayern.

He might go there, but it still won't have been 'the likely option', however much hindsight you slap on.

He can get money, more playing time and play under Pep at Bayern. It's hardly a dog's dinner of a proposal.

Is anyone actually surprised? Sadly was always the likely option.
Been saying it all along. Obviously would feel more comfortable following Guardiola. And his agent is Guardiolas brother!
So obvious.

Ah well, after the muppets apocalypse I assume the next muppet wet dream will be identified quickly enough.

Surely that's Thiago Silva no?

(clutching at straws)
Thats Silva to Barca not to Bayern and if Thiago does decide to go to Bayern, then he is a bigger idiot than I thought he was. If he goes to Bayern, his situation will be far worse than if he stayed at Barca. At least at Barca Xavi is aging and struggles with injuries while Cesc is also known to be injury prone. But at Bayern they have so many options in every position, at least in the attacking ones.

This felt like a Sneijder / Ozil / Hazard saga from almost the very start.

I can't believe people actually buy this shite...

This felt like a Sneijder / Ozil / Hazard saga from almost the very start.

Except with even more barrages of 'news' stating that we're the most likely destination and being told dozens of times it will be done soon. The only thing decent that could come from this is that we can truly chuck some terrible journos and ITKs in the garbage for good.

Been saying it all along. Obviously would feel more comfortable following Guardiola. And his agent is Guardiolas brother!
So obvious.

Ah well, after the muppets apocalypse I assume the next muppet wet dream will be identified quickly enough.
So its a done deal now? Him to Bayern? He has been linked with us for more than a month and nothing will happen and one small link to Bayern after a while and its a done deal?

Just read the actual article. It's priceless. Apparently Guardiola's told Thiago he'll drop Martinez to make room for him. You know, Martinez who cost >€40, who has performed superbly for Bayern, in particular in their CL campaign, which featured an aggregate 7-0 thrashing of the side Thiago can't get into, and who - just as a point of interest - plays a completely different position and role to Thiago.

Oh, and the 'source' is a minor Spanish sports journalist, who isn't even quoted.

Seems legit...

Status
Not open for further replies.