Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, it's very strange. Superior fans, perhaps?

Look, if you want to spend all your time debating and following fabrications that's ok, but don't be surprised that the attraction escapes some people. I think anyone who complains just complains because they confuse the activity in the thread as reflecting activity in reality. They come in expecting news and instead get a load of drooling smilies and fictitious line ups.

The expectation of transfers is exciting, no doubt, but for most rational folk, only actual transfers are exciting.

So not superior fans, just superior humans. ;)

:lol: Touche.

I do think it gets a bit old though, I'm yet to see any genuine muppetry and people actually getting over excited or upset over transfers not happening on this forum. Everyone is level headed, every article posted usually comes with the disclaimer that it's "probably bullshit" and the "cocks out" replies are always in jest. With that said though, there's a collection of posters who always pop into the thread occasionally and take the piss out of all the supposed muppetry that goes on.

Aye there is no football, the muppets fill the time being muppets and the people with common sense, superior intellect and lives fill their time taking the piss out of the muppets. Everyone's a winner.

Pex, you seriously haven't seen any muppetry or people getting over-excited in this thread? What?! It's grown 300 pages in less than two months and so far nothing has actually happened.

This thread is comfortably the most muppetastic I've ever seen in my time on the Caf. The boom bust cycle of people getting so heavily invested in tidbits is hilarious.

Look, if you want to spend all your time debating and following fabrications that's ok, but don't be surprised that the attraction escapes some people. I think anyone who complains just complains because they confuse the activity in the thread as reflecting activity in reality. They come in expecting news and instead get a load of drooling smilies and fictitious line ups.

The expectation of transfers is exciting, no doubt, but for most rational folk, only actual transfers are exciting.

So not superior fans, just superior humans. ;)

Fair enough, but transfer threads / sagas go the same way pretty much all of the time. I don't think it's ever going to change. A news only thread for transfer updates on all United transfers might not be a bad idea, where only updates (and no discussion) gets posted. That way people can check that out before coming into the Thiago thread.

its nearly reached 2 million views :lol:

I think the muppets are actually scaring off our targets. The payers see how our fans will swallow anything and instead sign for discerning fans. It's about time we stopped blaming Gill and put the blame where it belongs.

From a past medical journal at http://www.bmj.com/

Entitled: Advanced pleuropulmonary and cardiopulmonary Kermitosis; of the degenerative nervous system disorder muppetosis.

As seen in figure A; section 4, patients advancing from stage 4 Kermitosis undertake a sudden degenerative process. Mental faculty ceases to the point of general cognisance becoming problematic, indeed even cumbersome to the muppetosis cellular process. Patients display a severe lack of critical thinking and begin to develop repetitive habits, commonly but not limited too, repeated bashing of any button resembling a refresh 'f5' symbol - which coincidentally happens to be the decrease brightness button here at the research institute, how annoying [sic] - and the worrying tendency to frequently, furiously and without shame or concern of when or where the patient is, masturbate. For further reference see Sneijders Syndrome and Ozil's Eye Correction Therapy for advanced treatment concerns.

Dr. Siegfried Redknappen und Dr Roy Daalgesh.
Harvard Medical Research School.

2rgbzeo.jpg

Patient's chest during Stage 5 Kermitosis. Improvement was seen in this patient throughout September. Seasonal relapse occurs until death due to exasperation.

Pex, you seriously haven't seen any muppetry or people getting over-excited in this thread? What?! It's grown 300 pages in less than two months and so far nothing has actually happened.

I suppose by sheer volume it qualifies on the muppetry front. I always think of muppetry in terms of meltdowns; the climax of pure frustration. I think this has been a pretty laid back thread in that way with 99% of posters understanding how the transfer window works, what to expect, what to laugh at and what to believe. Even the most credible Spanish news sources are getting dismissed as nonsense by most people. It's like the muppets of years gone by have actually learnt from the previous years of finger burns.

Entitled: Advanced pleuropulmonary and cardiopulmonary Kermitosis; of the degenerative nervous system disorder muppetosis.

2rgbzeo.jpg

Patient's chest during Stage 5 Kermitosis. Improvement was seen in this patient throughout September. Seasonal relapse occurs until death due to exasperation.

:lol: post of the year :lol:

If these journalists/directors are so close to the club, why have they been spouting shite for the past few days?

I hate to break this to you but ... generating interest to sell ads. The news is a bi-product of their industry.

2rgbzeo.jpg

fecking hell Adzzz, this put to shame the fine work Jeston and Olly did in this thread. Brilliant :lol:

2rgbzeo.jpg

:lol: Something actually funny in this thread, finally

Andy Mitten @AndyMitten
Front page of today's Sport in Barcelona. Thiago deal done. Five year deal. Minor details to be sorted next week. pic.twitter.com/3Id2XN58eC
Details
3h
49eacb5fbc3736e7957d27cd7fae4c4c_normal.jpeg

Nooruddean @BeardedGenius
@AndyMitten How reputable are Sport?
View Conversation

Andy Mitten @AndyMitten
@BeardedGenius Their main journalists/directors are very close to the club.

If these journalists/directors are so close to the club, why have they been spouting shite for the past few days?

Cocks out? Or he's basically pointlessly repeating what the headline on the SPORT paper said last night?

I hate to break this to you but ... generating interest to sell ads. The news is a bi-product of their industry.
I figured but didn't they say the previous day there was an ultimatum? I got the impression from the catalan press they were eager for this saga to be wrapped up.

My next doors neighbours second cousin was told by a work mate who´s half brother lives in Spain that Thiago might sign for United :D

That's literally the first time I've heard that sort of joke.

The Press? Eager for an end to a saga? What?
I am not sure the Catalan press want to focus on Thiago for much longer. Especially if those close to the club have briefed that he's been wanting to leave. I can only think these recent headlines were only to make Thiago look bad for leaving. Once again, it's just my impression no one really wanted to see this saga drag out. I think Sport's front page on Thiago could be an indication of that.

My impression is probably rubbish though.

Thiago has said 'Yes' to United! [SPORT]
According to Barcelona-based SPORT, it’s official: Thiago Alcantara will join Manchester United, and his arrival at Old Trafford is a matter of days.
Thiago’s come to his decision that in order to develop as a footballer, Manchester United and the Premier League is the destination; as he and his father are convinced there is nobody with his profile at United, unlike at Barcelona, where there’s a surfeit of attacking creative midfielders.
There still remain final details to be ironed out, but Thiago WILL be leaving Barça, and in the unlikely event of a breakdown in the United move, Thiago will still move away from Barça this summer.
His second option, in that hypothetical scenario, would be Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich.
But, as it stands, United have the green light, and if they meet Barça’s terms, Thiago Alcantara will be a Manchester United player next week.
SPORT claim that Thiago will sign for 5 seasons, until 2017-18, for the fee matching his €18 million buy-out clause.

It's Sneijder saga all over again, it'll go until August when the clause is removed from his contract and then for the next 4 weeks with the price being touted at around £30m. Then nothing will happen but the same story will be rehashed over the next 3 years during every single transfer window.

Who's Andy Mitten? Is he connected to United or just any random football journalist?

UWS founder and long time editor, great nephew of Charlie Mitten, very well connected within the club. You really didn't know who Andy Mitten was? He even guest starred on a 'Caf podcast once if IIRC.

I am not sure the Catalan press want to focus on Thiago for much longer. Especially if those close to the club have briefed that he's been wanting to leave. I can only think these recent headlines were only to make Thiago look bad for leaving. Once again, it's just my impression no one really wanted to see this saga drag out. I think Sport's front page on Thiago could be an indication of that.

The Barca press seem to be going a little easier on Thiago at the moment. At first they were trying to make out that his intentions were to get more money rather than to advance his career. I wonder whether the politics of having to keep Rafa happy has come in to play.

I think we are very close to this now guys. It was said all along that there would be no moves until Moyes officially took charge. Well next week would be logical and everything coming out of the media now suggests that will be the case.

It will be a brilliant, brilliant move by the way and he will give United that little bit of something special in the midfield to compliment Carrick.

This Transfer Muppetism is such a strange phenomena. I think that this is probably the only place in the world where people who'd like to improve the team are looked down on.

You're all pretty weird.

Could be Pexbo. It looks like we'll be getting him for peanuts too. I forget where, but I read we're trying to avoid paying some IVA tax.

This Transfer Muppetism is such a strange phenomena. I think that this is probably the only place in the world where people who'd like to improve the team are looked down on.

You're all pretty weird.

You think the desire to improve the team is what folk find ridiculous?

Reports from Spain saying Barcelona and Manchester United are set for crunch talks next week to discuss the transfer fee for midfielder Thiago Alcantara. The player has decided to leave the Catalan club and is said to have already agreed a five-year deal with the Red Devils but an agreeable fee is yet to have been found by the two clubs.

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/onthemove/id/6491?cc=5901

2rgbzeo.jpg

Holy shit :lol:

2rgbzeo.jpg

:lol: From a medical student, that seemed oh so legit.

Jesus, this thread is like a car crash. No matter how much you don't want to look, you still look. There has been nothing of any value posted in the last 100 pages and the same shite is being repeated over and over. The mods should just lock it, til he's having a medical.

Try a little self-control. They're manufacturing it in pill form now..

For many, quality of life would be degraded if this thread was closed. Just the same weary threadmill of sex and intoxicating substances until the new season kicks off. Why condemn them to that fate?

Status
Not open for further replies.