Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.
La Malsia is the reason Messi is a well rounded and focused pro. Rather than another Maradona off the field.

You just can't say that. There are thousands of players with first class attitudes all around the world.

To counter, why does Giovani Dos Santos have such a poor attitude then?

Messi, Redondo, Zanetti, and countless others

Vs

Tevez- ill advised imbecile cnut.
Heinze- cnut, but apparently has regrets.

I don't think Argies are cnuts. They are no different from most people. Plus the ladies are ridiculously good looking.

You just can't say that. There are thousands of players with first class attitudes all around the world.
Of who the majority do not have the level of talent Messi has. There is no doubt the stable environment of La Malsia was one of the best possible places for him to become a professional.

Just remember the likes of Ortega, Saviola and D'allesandro who were touted as ''future Maradona's'' as youngsters. Yet none of them could live up to the billing and at least 2 of them are head cases.

Messi is from the type of talent pool that are prone to becoming flawed geniuses when in wrong hands.

To counter, why does Giovani Dos Santos have such a poor attitude then?
His attitude wasn't the problem. It was his agent. That is why Barca kicked him out.

Besides, he learned a bit too much from the bad boy version of Ronaldinho....

Every case is different, obviously, but Giovani suffered from poor guidance from his agent...By contrast, his brother Jonathan has had none of those issues at La Masia

His agent is why he spends too much time in London nightclubs? Furthermore was Jonathon Dos Santos not involved in a prostitute scandal whilst on international duty?

Redknapp on Dos Santos

'If he could pass a nightclub as well as he can pass a ball he would be alright,' said Redknapp.
'He's got bags of ability and fantastic skill. He's had a great World Cup. If he knuckles down this year he could be a top player.

His attitude wasn't the problem. It was his agent.

You have to wonder how the likes of Paulo Maldini, Ryan Giggs and Marco Van Basten to name but three of hundreds of great players with professional attitudes have done it.

You might start to think that it actually a personality type the world over considering the millions of focused high achievers in hundreds of fields throughout the world and history.

They must have been visited by the spirit of La Massia in their sleep and been blessed.

Messi, Redondo, Zanetti, and countless others

Vs

Tevez- ill advised imbecile cnut.
Heinze- cnut, but apparently has regrets.

I don't think Argies are cnuts. They are no different from most people. Plus the ladies are ridiculously good looking

No different? You haven't met our resident Argie then.

His agent is why he spends too much time in London nightclubs? .
It wasn't spending time in nightclubs that made him leave Barca. Also that he learned from his footballing idol.

You have to wonder how the likes of Paulo Maldini, Ryan Giggs and Marco Van Basten to name but three of hundreds of great players with professional attitudes have done it.....
I told you before. None of them is from the Messi talent pool....

Besides, what's even funnier is you are talking about people who went to set ups every bit as good as La Masia. In a bid to debunk my bigging up the importance of La Masia in developing the Messi we witness today.

It seems you and a few others are trying your best to insist La Masia had no contribution whatsoever towards making Messi the man he is today.

I guess that must also means the likes of Giggs, Maldini and Van Basten didn't need the Ajax, United and Milan youth set ups to help them become the legends they are. It was all down to their personality type.....

It wasn't spending time in nightclubs that made him leave Barca. Also that he learned from his footballing idol.

I told you before. None of them is from the Messi talent pool.

What's even funnier is you are talking about people who went to set ups every bit as good as La Masia. In a bid to debunk my bigging up the importance of La Masia in developing the Messi we witness today.

It seems you and a few others are trying your best to insist La Masia had no contribution whatsoever towards making Messi the man he is today.

I guess that must also means the likes of Giggs, Maldini and Van Basten didn't need the Ajax, United and Milan youth set ups to help them become the legends they are. It was all down to their personality type.....

No, you were talking about La Masia stopping Messi from going off the rails like Maradona did. I think that is nonsense, Messi is a focused and professional high achiever, like the other players that I mentioned, that was my comparison and yes I believe it to be a universal personality type.

Your Messi supposed ability level contains two players, Maradona and Pele, one of which was unprofessional and one who was very professional so you point is woefully flawed from the outset.

If anything Messi doesn't even play the Barca way because he dribbles A LOT and is given full freedom of expression.

No, you were talking about La Masia stopping Messi from going off the rails like Maradona did. .....
Utter rubbish.

This is below is what I said:

''La Malsia is the reason Messi is a well rounded and focused pro. Rather than another Maradona off the field.''

It is not the same as your version:

''Without La Masia, Messi is just mad like Maradona. All Argentine s are!''.

Emphasis mine.

My point was and is La Masia was the best possible environment for him to develop into a well rounded and stable pro. In wrong hands he'd
have grown a big head due to his talent and would most likely have ended up a flawed genius. Although a very successful one due to his natural zeal and drive.

Your Messi supposed ability level contains two players, Maradona and Pele, one of which was unprofessional and one who was very professional so you point is woefully flawed from the outset.
That is because your understanding of my post was flawed from the outset, rather.

My point was never about professionalism. It was about being a stable, well rounded pro.

Maradona was very professional. Perish the idea that he wasn't. But he was also a flawed genius. i.e he wasn't a stable pro. That is what led to his off field issues that eventually destroyed his great playing career. I have no doubts if he had been in a similar environment to a Messi at La Masia as a youngster, he'd have been even superior to what he became. For he didn't lack focus, zeal nor was he a trouble maker. He just never had the right guidance at the right times during his development. Yet he still developed into a freaking colossus of football.

Utter rubbish.

This is below is what I said:

''La Malsia is the reason Messi is a well rounded and focused pro. Rather than another Maradona off the field.''

It is not the same as your version:

''Without La Masia, Messi is just mad like Maradona. All Argentine s are!''.

Emphasis mine.

My point was and is La Masia was the best possible environment for him to develop into a well rounded and stable pro. In wrong hands he'd
have grown a big head due to his talent and would most likely have ended up a flawed genius. Although a very successful one due to his natural zeal and drive.

I agree in that La Masia is a great environment for a player to develop but I wholeheartedly disagree with your assertion that he would have gone off the rails through ego if he had remained in Argentina.

The guy is painfully shy as it is. He displays nothing to suggest that what you are saying is true.

I agree in that La Masia is a great environment for a player to develop but I wholeheartedly disagree with your assertion that he would have gone off the rails through ego if he had remained in Argentina.

The guy is painfully shy as it is. He displays nothing to suggest that what you are saying is true.
IMO He'd not have remained shy for long with his level of talent. La Masia shielded him from hype and and allowed him to stay grounded. I've seen adulation do strange things to folks at young ages.

In Argentina he'd have been idolized much too young and no one knows how it could have changed him.

IMO He'd not have remained shy for long with his level of talent. La Masia shielded him from hype and and allowed him to stay grounded. I've seen adulation do strange thing to folks at young ages.

No just no. He is an introvert, there are many hugely talented people the world over who are shy and humble.

Lets just agree to disagree on this one.

I suggest you are the one who should quit deduction. Because you clearly didn't understand a thing I said.

Nope I understood it very well, I just chose to focus on the second point/example because the first statement was equally ridiculous.

La Masia cannot be determined as the reason that Messi is a well rounded and focused pro, guesswork at its best and very bad guesswork too.

Since somehow Messi has become the subject of this thread, it might be the right time now to note that his name is Thiago Alcantara and not Alacantara.

Nope I understood it very well, I just chose to focus on the second point/example because the first statement was equally ridiculous..
You clearly understood nothing of it. Your repeated insistence you did just confirms it all the more.

La Masia cannot be determined as the reason that Messi is a well rounded and focused pro, guesswork at its best and very bad guesswork too.
Only idiots can attempt to dispute that La Masia is the reason Messi is the man and player he is today because the importance of La Masia to his career path is a fact that needs no guessing about.

But going by your wonderful logic we should say the likes of Maldini, Giggs and Van basten becoming legends and much hailed pros had nothing to do with the Milan, United and Ajax academies that nurtured them respectively.
Because its ''guess work'' to make the connection:wenger:

That was a light hearted comment not relevant to the discussion.

There I spelled it out for you.

Need the suckler too or have you moved up and drink up from the bottles?
You are the one who clearly needs to be put in his pram, given some milk from a bottle and lullabied to sleep.

But I wont be your baby sitter. Good bye:boring:

But going by your wonderful logic we should say the likes of Maldini, Giggs and Van basten becoming legends and much hailed pros had nothing to do with the Milan, United and Ajax academies that nurtured them respectively.
Because its ''guess work'' to make the connection:wenger:
Messi came to La Masia at 13.

At that age a players fundamental skills are already developed.

The biggest help academies give is improving a players game tactically and with a player like Messi who has a sixth sense understanding the game he could have grown up in the river plate academy and been the same player as he is today.

And no I do not believe that La Masia is responsible for him to be a focused pro as if otherwise he wouldn't have been one, clubs can certainly help with determination but ultimately that determination and focus comes from within and Messi certainly was determined for his cause before La Masia..other wise he would not have moved to Barcelona.

You really need to understand the game.

Barca need to generate money to fiance new signings this summer. If they offer is right they will sell. Same goes for Danny Alves.

Barca need to generate money to fiance new signings this summer. If they offer is right they will sell. Same goes for Danny Alves.

Don't they have the same type of credit arrangement as Real Madrid? If so then that is unlikely to be the issue.

Don't they have the same type of credit arrangement as Real Madrid? If so then that is unlikely to be the issue.

They have to sell to buy. Bojan, Maxwell, Zlatan and Jeffren raised 42m euros and Barca spent 52m last season. To buy they will have to get rid of a few players.

Not really. Tito a few days ago:

"Dani Alves is staying. There is no other possibility. He’s a very important player, one of the best signings we’ve made."

Tito also said he only wants a LB and CB. The LB will be Alba for around € 10 million. CB could be Martinez (although I doubt it will be a big money signing like him) but Martinez is not going to be traded for Thiago. Maybe as part of a loan deal but there is absolutely no chance that Barca will get rid of their most talented central midfielder.

When you write 'traded', you mean replaced as opposed to swapped, right?

I don't think Thiago would qualify for Athletic's rules anyway...

Yes. Thiago can't play for Athletic unfortunately (ability wise he would suit Bielsa's style like a glove). He could play for Valencia though as part of a loan deal for Alba. Highly unlikely though. Barca do not even loan players that are rated that highly since the Guardiola era. Rather have lesser game time but participate in the Barcelona training sessions alongside Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Fabregas than have more game time in a different system. Not that Thiago's not getting enough game time anyway. The coaches rate him high enough to play him in a league deciding Clasico with Fabregas sitting on the bench. In his first season with the first team! He's a special talent. He's combining the swagger of a typical Brazilian with the tactical nous of a typical La Masia graduate.

Since somehow Messi has become the subject of this thread, it might be the right time now to note that his name is Thiago Alcantara and not Alacantara.

If he joins us then we MIGHT consider getting his name right - but until we see him playing alongside Wellbeck, Raphael and Wrooney then we won't bother :wenger:

Status
Not open for further replies.