Television The Walking Dead

Will you be interested in watching season 2? Like does the storyline in any sense give you something so as to make you come back and watch season 2?

I'd forgotten about it until you bumped this thread. So not in the slightest.

I have heard they sacked the entire writing staff though, so it could be rescued for Season 2.

I'll definitely watch it. It got worse over the first season, but I still love the concept. And the fact that they sacked their writing staff could make the next season interesting.

I'd forgotten about it until you bumped this thread. So not in the slightest.

I have heard they sacked the entire writing staff though, so it could be rescued for Season 2.

5 of the 6 episodes were written by the executive producers. The people that put money and work into the show. 4 of them have writing credits for 19 shows. Not sure what you heard or where from.

For people watching this show in the States, the premiere for the second season is tonight, so let us know how it is.

5 of the 6 episodes were written by the executive producers. The people that put money and work into the show. 4 of them have writing credits for 19 shows. Not sure what you heard or where from.

Strange, I heard they sacked their writers shortly after the end of Season 1. :confused:

I'll take your word for it though!

Strange, I heard they sacked their writers shortly after the end of Season 1. :confused:

I'll take your word for it though!

Well, they might have fired some. These guys I mentioned are just credited as writers for specific episodes and are the only ones with main writing credits. But it's different with every show how they are written. Main guy might have come up with the idea and plot for the show and some others filled in the gaps and the gap filling turned out to be crap. I don't know. It's just what stood on wikipedia and imdb.

The problem with a zombie series is that in series's I start to like the characters which makes it a very depressing show.

First episode was alight.

It was an alright episode but it seemed a tad predictable but I think that's mainly because that kind of story is a bit worn out. It'll pick up as the series progresses. Anyone else noticed how similar it is to Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead2? Even down to the characters...

It was an alright episode but it seemed a tad predictable but I think that's mainly because that kind of story is a bit worn out. It'll pick up as the series progresses. Anyone else noticed how similar it is to Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead2? Even down to the characters...

Can't have a proper zombie show without a Southern survivalist. New Yorkers would be proper fecked.

I watched the first season on Netflix this past weekend. The first episode of the second season was fantastic - I can't wait for next week. I have a thing for post-apocalyptic films.

I watched the first season on Netflix this past weekend. The first episode of the second season was fantastic - I can't wait for next week. I have a thing for post-apocalyptic films.

Me too. I love 'em. Even the corny ones on Syfy / Horror Channel. :wenger:

Out of context screenshots from Sunday's episode.

ceiling-dale.jpg

right, watched this last night. Decent opening to the new season, although the stupidity of the kids kinda put me off slightly.

I think the girl was taken, I don't think she wondered off. Possibly she is with one arm

Just watched first ep of season two the other day. Not to be pedantic, but how come suddenly they can just hide from the zombies under the cars when in the first series, the zombies could smell them (remember they smeared themselves in zombie entrails to mask their human smell).
Consistency. Will watch ep two tomorrow mind...

Just watched first ep of season two the other day. Not to be pedantic, but how come suddenly they can just hide from the zombies under the cars when in the first series, the zombies could smell them (remember they smeared themselves in zombie entrails to mask their human smell).
Consistency. Will watch ep two tomorrow mind...

I thought that too but in my mind I explained it as the zombies kind of knew they were there in the first series, where as they didn't in the second, not to mention there are lots of dead bodies in the cars so they probably go some way to masking their smell too. Pretty lazy writing though, I agree.

Maybe, but for such a big budget production it seemed a bit glaring. I am normally rubbish at picking up on these things- I know there are a whole bunch of websites where people nitpick about this stuff.
Not a bad opener all in all I thought- bit odd when the kid was approaching the deer, but the crossbow action is cool. If they do make a computer game version, it has serious potential. Loved Left 4 Dead.

I notice the little holes too and as long as there's no poor acting or poor camera work, I can get over it by coming up with little things for myself to fill the holes like that in most things I watch.

Ditto- always loved the Romero films and even the Dawn of the Dead remake. Just eed it to keep the balance between zombie killing action (preferably more) and character, soap-style plot lines (keep to a minimum!)

I've breezed through the first 5 episodes since last night on Netflix. It's good TV and of particular interest since it's based in Atlanta.