Television The Walking Dead

first 3 eps are ok , the love triangle is very cheesey.
And you just knew the guy on the roof had got away.

I got pretty excited about this show because of the premise but the presence of Michael Rooker in the cast absolutely sold me. If they can find a way to bring back Lennie James and Michael Rooker, then it will save the show. I'd probably watch it if they just had the cop, Lennie James, Michael Rooker, and the Asian dude going from city to city rescuing people. That's all I'm asking for.

That's all I want. Love stories do not and should not feature that much in zombie apocalypses.

I got pretty excited about this show because of the premise but the presence of Michael Rooker in the cast absolutely sold me. If they can find a way to bring back Lennie James and Michael Rooker, then it will save the show. I'd probably watch it if they just had the cop, Lennie James, Michael Rooker, and the Asian dude going from city to city rescuing people. That's all I'm asking for.

he was great has the nutter on the roof.
I have not seen the last 3 eps; yet.

Finnish all 6 eps now.
It was OK , started really well and tailed off , though the finale was a bit weak.
I could see the reason why the CDC had to be blown up , there was some nasty shit in there and if let out would of killed all left.
The hillbilly with the crossbow is a massive cock.
I wonder what Jenner whisper's to Rick , must of been some sort of revelation
Hope S2 is going to be better, it starts in July now and not October and is 13 eps

Just watched episode 1 of this on channel 5 last night - thought it was really good actually.

A tank would be a pretty decent place to hide when surrounded by zombies - i'd have to get rid of that one inside though, drop him straight out of the bottom hatch.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with this, but should probably avoid reading the previous posts in this thread to avoid spoilers.

I'm afraid you're going to get disappointed Hardy, it's pretty much downhill from the first episode.

I thought the first episode was a bit crap as well to be honest. I only carried on watching it because I was bored. Get's better as the season goes on though

Yeah the first episode was far better than the rest, it actually had a proper big budget and the rest looked shit in comparison.

The characters were all rubbish and got more annoying as it went on, which didn't help.

After much consideration, I've actually decided I don't like the show. I never bothered to watch the season finale. I really don't like any of the characters. If they all died tomorrow, I wouldn't care. Hopefully season 2 is better.

It makes you realize how well other shows do to make you like the characters.

After much consideration, I've actually decided I don't like the show. I never bothered to watch the season finale. I really don't like any of the characters. If they all died tomorrow, I wouldn't care. Hopefully season 2 is better.

This is sort of my take. It's also why I thought episode 1 was the first, the acting, the dialogue- everything was just so plastic. It did improve as the season went on though, which is why I will probably check out season 2.

I thought the dialogue and general storylines got worse as the season went on.

Possibly. It's been a while since I watched it. Maybe I just came to expect less and therefore had lower expectations as it went on.

The crossbow hillbilly's my favourite character.

I watched all of season one, and will definitely be watching season two when it comes out. One of the much better shows doing the rounds - but then again I do love anything post-apocalyptic and zombie related.

Also, whilst I'm in this thread - has anyone read the comics/graphic novel?

They've got the entire first volume on Amazon at the moment for around £25. Weighty fecker it is too.

Just finished watching them all.

Liked the first two episodes. The viewer doesn't know what's happening and what to expect, we're on the same journey as the main character. Tons of potential for surprises.

Then more and more people come on the scene and all the mystery was gone.

First it was him all alone, which was great. Then father and son appeared, that was ok, then in Atlanta he bumps into five or six other people, which was ok, I guess, now it's them against the world- BUT THEN they run into one thousand tough vatos, carnals and esses straight out of 'Blood In Blood Out', wtf? I thought right, this city is full of living people, just organise yourselves and start annihilating the no brain and no speed zombies! Shouldn't really be a problem out-smarting and out-manoeuvring those slow morons ffs!!

But no, back to the boring jungle camp. At that moment all the viewer has got is just a bunch of unpleasant yet demographically careful selected people. We have the obligatory Korean, the Afro-American, the Hispanic, the white racist dumbass, and the white hero. All there.

From then on it's just an over the top serious drama about how they're all coping with their losses. If that was a war movie I would understand, and probably care. But not in a zombie film! I just can't take that shit seriously, if your relative managed to get eaten by a zombie then he truly deserves his death. It's ridiculous.

First two episodes I liked, the total downfall started with that idiotic stare down between the sherif and the super scary hard core latino gangstaa.

How is the show, fellas?

AMC seems to be a front runner in quality television nowadays so I am deciding whether to give this a shot.

I'm on the fourth episode and am enjoying it so far, to be honest I can't help but laugh at the ridiculous gore.

First episode was pretty decent. The characters and situations they get themselves into are so poorly written though. Its like one of those teen horror films where they continually make the wrong decision, except these people are adults...

It was decent, worth watching if you want something to do. But the first few episodes were better than the rest. And it had a really dissappointing finale to the season imo

Will you be interested in watching season 2? Like does the storyline in any sense give you something so as to make you come back and watch season 2?

So its basically shit?

In my opinion yes, you'll be screaming at the television/pc because they are so shit at surviving. The script writing and plot was abysmal, the effects on the whole were very good though. It had potential to be really interesting, but instead they hired some terrible writers.