Television The Walking Dead

Enjoying it but it isn't anything special yet.
no, but I thought the last episode was pretty dark. I love the fact that one of the main protagonists has shafted his best mate's wife, and that she's(his wife) not this non-virgin...virgin Mary figure, instead she's a bit of slapper, one who's deluding herself into thinking she's not partly at fault - I suppose like the virgin Mary come to think of it. I guess that's survival instincts for you - blame someone else - it's also going to cause more problems in the three way relationship. I also like the way we're seeing humans transform into zombies, however it's all a bit Hollywoody at times. There's no way you'd let the blonde's sister become a walking dead in reality, and I'm not entirely sure a person suffering from the zombie virus would be allowed to stay in a corner of a camp. I suspect he'd have been shot in the head. Yes, he's a human being and we're sympathetic and empathic creatures but I think we see the worst of people when their eery existence is being questioned/threatened.

I think it would have been better if we didn't see the CDC guy at all yet. Would have been more tension in wondering if there actually was someone inside when the camera moved, you just knew he would open it this way.

It's good, but there's some poor writing at times, and I think it's lost a bit of steam since the pilot, which was brilliant and clearly had a far bigger budget than all of these episodes.

I don't really give a shit about any characters other than Lestor anyway.

Oh, Lost comparison, especially for you Spoony.

5ff30.jpg

They also have guns in both series. And both take place on an island. Well, continent in The Walking Dead, but it's suspiciously close. Gravity exists in both. Life is mostly carbon-based. Birds sing.

lol... I wouldn't equate the infections in any way, love triangles are popular on the telly, and (don't read if you've not seen the last Walking Dead episode):
the CDC chap didn't seem to think he was saving the world... he was ready to blow his brains out assuming that nobody else was following his research's progress

I suppose you could draw parallels with the survivors on the island in Lost to a handful of people living out in the forest away from danger. Oh and I was positive they were going to have flashbacks at one point, too. But thankfully it's not as bad as Lost. Yet.

It started very well....But it hasn't really gone anywhere until now, and that was the penultimate one....so...hmmmm. Probably should've been a shorter 3 part mini-series.

To be fair, I did actually think of Lost when they introduced the CDC guy. The begging of that scene was quite similar to how they introduced the inside of the hatch in Lost.

To be fair, I did actually think of Lost when they introduced the CDC guy. The begging of that scene was quite similar to how they introduced the inside of the hatch in Lost.

I think Lost is worse than walking up dead.

3 part? It should have been 12 parts, not 6. I would have liked to have seen some more individual stories, perhaps a bit more related to how the other guy and his son were doing.

But to be fair, they are based on comic books, trying to resist the urge to read them all

3 part? It should have been 12 parts, not 6. I would have liked to have seen some more individual stories, perhaps a bit more related to how the other guy and his son were doing.

But to be fair, they are based on comic books, trying to resist the urge to read them all

Nah, I'm happy there aren't any individual stories. Now, that would be Lost, gimpo.

That would've been terminally dull geebs...they've been wandering around derelict places/woods whining and being tense long enough as it is.

The wife's face annoys me too. It doesn't move. Ever.

Walking up dead is the new waking up dead which was the old wanking up dead.

Which itself is the new Waking the Dead with Trevor Eve.

Seriously? We're on to the last episode already??

How much of the comics does this series cover then?

Not really following the comics story arc fully. The episodes have pretty much followed the first six so far, but the timescale is vastly different. Theres currently about 84 comics so they've got a hell of a lot of adventures still to go. There are characters in the series that weren't in the comics (Daryl, Merle, Jacqui). I just pray they bring in Michonne. Coolest character in the series.

Oh no, not another show where Gambit knows what's probably going to happen.

Oh no, not another show where Gambit knows what's probably going to happen.

Sorry read them all a couple of months ago. Somethings have changed and aren't in the comics already though. I could tell you what happens with all the major characters though. :p If it helps, I have absolutely no idea whats happening in Dexter anymore. As for walking dead, wait till they meet the Governor!

Good episode. I wonder what the professor/doctor told the sheriff in his ear. I think he might have seen what happened to his wife via a surveillance camera and decided to warn him about his friend.

Good episode. I wonder what the professor/doctor told the sheriff in his ear. I think he might have seen what happened to his wife via a surveillance camera and decided to warn him about his friend.

This was clearly a big giant teaser to kick off the next series, perhaps he warned him that someones blood was not as it should be - and decided not to mention it at the time considering the limited time they had left as he was still thinking they were all going to die in the decontamination?

T'was a packed finale... MOAR!

yeah, curious about what he had a word with him about... didn't his lab facilities get "decontaminated" after his cock up? Or did he have a little chemist set or smth? I liked the explanation of just the brain stem coming back, even if the faux MRI wasn't the most convincing :lol:

I found the whole decontamination process to being a little extreme. Also, what got me hooked on this show was this lone-ranger traveling and looking for his family. Once he made contact with the rest of the group and his family, the feeling of isolation was gone. I missed that I guess.

That was a shite episode, I thought it was entirely predicable. And is it me or did it come across as proper low budget? the score was positively early 80s. The 5th episode should've been the finale. All in all, a disappointing series.

That was a shite episode, I thought it was entirely predicable. And is it me or did it come across as proper low budget? the score was positively early 80s. The 5th episode should've been the finale. All in all, a disappointing series.

The grenade explosion was hilariously bad :lol:

The grenade explosion was hilariously bad :lol:

I think everyone saw the scene with the Sheriff's wife and his mate coming from a million miles away. I can see the second series descending into a farce. The explosion was pants too. They clearly blew the budget on the pilot.

I thought it was an awful ep.. very dull, ponderous yet overly melodramatic when it didn't need to be (he was soooo laborious and obvious when giving the 'straight about of a soap opera' MRI lecture about his 'patient') and...erm...yeah, nothing happened...Like literally nothing..To anything or one we've been following for the past 5 episodes at least...And what did didn't make that much sense outside of plot convenience.

I found the whole decontamination process to being a little extreme. Also, what got me hooked on this show was this lone-ranger traveling and looking for his family. Once he made contact with the rest of the group and his family, the feeling of isolation was gone. I missed that I guess.

Yeah I agree with that...After ep2 it became veeery slow and seemed completely stuck for what to do...which is odd considering it was based on a comic with a presumably competent arch of some kind. I don't give a shit about half these people...over half really.

Yep. First ep was awesome, never got near it again IMO.