The Title Race 2017/18 | Done and dusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All done now, 8 points is too much for any team to claw back without dropping further points themselves

That’s not true. But we are far too crap to do it. Especially as we are not capable of directly hurting our big rivals. We’ll just cower like mewling quims and hope not to get beaten.

City win most of the big games, while the rest takes points of each other. It is pretty much done

That’s not true. But we are far too crap to do it. Especially as we are not capable of directly hurting our big rivals. We’ll just cower like mewling quims and hope not to get beaten.

Ironically had we done that today we might have got a 0-0

8 points... City need a complete meltdown over Xmas period... instead probably we will fall down further.. :(

Come new year City will be further out front. We'll be hanging on to 4th.

We were never in the title race to begin with, you just had to look at our starting XI when the season started to see it wouldn't be enough. We just don't have enough up front to support Lukaku and 'okay' players on the wings and full backs will never win you the league.

The title race may not be over yet though, I think both Chelsea and Spurs can close the gap as they have pretty well-rounded teams. Us? No chance.

Excellent match day for City's title challenge. But gaps of more than 8 points have been squandered.

There is no title race any more. City are going to win the league.

Feck off. It’s november 5th for feck sake. Chelsea away and Liverpool away are always tough games we don’t expect to win anyway, now they are out of the way.

City look like they’ll win it but it’s football, titles aren’t won in fecking November.

Again the race is pretty much over in November.
City of this year are the same as Chelsea of last year. Unstoppable bar some miracle.

Feck off. It’s november 5th for feck sake. Chelsea away and Liverpool away are always tough games we don’t expect to win anyway, now they are out of the way.

City look like they’ll win it but it’s football, titles aren’t won in fecking November.

You miss the point. We don't have the resources to catch City. They are stacked at every position and even if they lose a player here or there, are well suited to bring in replacements. If we were level on points then this would be a different story.

Feck off. It’s november 5th for feck sake.

Ridiculous, isn't it? I mean, I'm certain we aren't going to win it because we just don't play that well, but people saying the title is over already are fecking stupid.

City will get so far in front come the knockouts in the Champions League in Feb they’ll be able to play a reserve team in the premier and save themselves for the champions league games. So depressing this shit. Season in season out poor football yet vast amounts of money spent.

Looks difficult, but we need to keep fighting and not give up. Although I do think we should put main focus on the cups sooner rather than later. Problem is we need to either win pretty much every game or hope City to drop of in form. The first I think is unlikely and the second is hard to know.

Long way still to go. I feel totally shit today though. The thing giving optimism is that it is football and things can change quickly, but that is about it. Pep is about to turn City into the same domination that Bayern had sadly.

Problem is City have another easy month coming. The gab between them and the second place may be +10 coming December, a gab no one will get over it.

Injuries permitting, its hard to see City slipping up. Even then they have enough quality in reserve as well.

8 points is a mountain considering the difference in quality between City and the rest.

Hurts to say it, but it is City's to lose now. 8 points is a lot, but still very much gettable. But the way City are playing and we are playing, it's game over. Will do well to win a cup or two. If you play utter dross like Mikhitaryan in the team, you have no hopes of winning.

Injuries permitting, its hard to see City slipping up. Even then they have enough quality in reserve as well.

8 points is a mountain considering the difference in quality between City and the rest.

Yeah, I think City will perhaps have one or two poor spells here and there but unless any other side is consistently excellent then they'll win it fairly comfortably, I think. They'll only need to average 2 PPG from now till the end of the season to get 85 points. They'll probably do better than that, and I'd expect a mid-80s tally should be more than enough for them to win the league.

It's over, we aren't closing 8 points. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Spurs win it.

There is still plenty of time for city to be caught but we have no chance. We are in a battle for third/fourth with Chelsea and Liverpool that’s the level we are at.

City will have a poor spell sooner or later, but unless the gab is 3-4 points between them and second place it's useless. With the current gab they're afforded to lose 2 matches and still 2 points clear at the top.

It is not 8 point gap, it is how it looks on the pitch. Can't see how we can match city in away games. With us every away game is a battle, city will storm against stoke, wba, etc...

I honestly think the only team capable of stopping City in the PL this season is City themselves.

Should change the title of the thread, as there is no longer a title race, rather it will be a 6-month coronation of City.

RedCafe will implode through whinging and moaning.

Anyone will get depressed looking at the gap. Mourinho just has to focus on getting the team back on it's feet. The points and opportunities to capitalize on any City slips will take care of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.