The Title Race 2017/18 | Done and dusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would think you guys would know by now that you judge a Pep team at their worst not their best. He's always a couple of results away from a nervous breakdown and when he loses it, it filters into his teams and the collective confidence drops, as does the football.

Wait for the lowest ebb, hope your team is close enough to capitalise.

They are a very good side, and the best in the PL at the moment, but my god, people here overreact a lot.

They played a 10 men liverpool side and a chelsea ravaged with injuries. Chelsea had no attack by the 30th minute of the game, the score was 0-1, they managed to win with a moment of genius from de bruyne.

They are scoring against the dross, a lot. so are we.

They are playing well, they always played well, even under Pellegrini they had this style of play.

They didn't have any major injury until now, for those who'll point to aguero, well, we don't even know if he is the prefered striker of pep, last year he certainly weren't. so he's not detrimental to City's play.

They had 19 points last year, and they scored 19 goals. it's logical that they would score some more. 3 points more than last year.

Again, they are a very good team and they have a very good chance of winning the title, but reading people here you would think they're prime barça.

let's reserve judgement till december and not put us out of the title race right now.

Keep in mind people that we're rebuilding, we look like the second best team in the league this year, i'd say coming from the shambles of the post ferguson era, the rebuilding is going well. we're buying for the future and if we don't win the league this year, i'm pretty sure that we're going to be the team to beat next year.

and don't forget that pep inherited a team that cost more than 500M£. he inherited de bruyne, sterling, aguero, silva... we didn't have a single outfield player of this caliber, all excellent or world class players. he spent 450M£ millions in two summers on top of that. so it's normal that, with his competence as a manager, his team would look very good.

Would think you guys would know by now that you judge a Pep team at their worst not their best. He's always a couple of results away from a nervous breakdown and when he loses it, it filters into his teams and the collective confidence drops, as does the football.

Wait for the lowest ebb, hope your team is close enough to capitalise.

You are right about that. Pep is tactically very good and to develop good attacking chemistry and movement with his passing game.

Although he is not the best when it comes to the mental sides of the game and lifting his players confidence. Mourinho to be fair is not the greatest at that either when things are going bad although his tactic doesn't build as much on confidence. Defending well you can usually do even without the confidence. Playing like kevin De Bruyne does now without it is very very hard.
That 5-0 win over Liverpool lifted them and after that they have just crushed everyone they played almost.

Hopefully Napoli can help us here. If they could get a 2 wins ideally it can hopefully effect the run they have.
Last season the Celtic result ended the run of form they had.

I think City will get even better. They have several young players who are likely to improve significantly over the next 1-2 years: Ederson, Stones, Sane, Jesus, B, Silva, Sterling. KDB is just entering his prime. Mendy is 23. Next year they will challenge the big boys for the CL. And they will probably add Sanchez in January. Sure, they will have difficult months but so will the other contenders. Still, United have to do everything to stop them this season because next season it will be even more difficult.

City have found a system to play all their attacking players and they are all on form (eve Sterling!). KDB is now in a deeper role and dominating matches. Yes it is still early days but they look a class above at the moment. A threat at home and away.

Chelsea is done and dusted with. Theyll be lucky to get Top 4.

I feel this is how the top 4 will look at the end of day.
Substituting Watford with Chelsea.

City have found a system to play all their attacking players and they are all on form (eve Sterling!). KDB is now in a deeper role and dominating matches. Yes it is still early days but they look a class above at the moment. A threat at home and away.
'
Kevin De Bruyne injury is one thing that could stop them. He is clearly the best player in the league and very central to the way they play. Like Barcelona needed Xavi with Pep so does City need Kevin to play and dominate for them.

Hilarious listening to people make predictions based on the first 8 games as if the next 30 are going to somehow magically yield identical results.

Chelsea is done and dusted with. Theyll be lucky to get Top 4.

I feel this is how the top 4 will look at the end of day.
Substituting Watford with Chelsea.
Oh c'mon! I do like Watford, but that's too much :lol:

We play like Burnley would in the games against the big teams. We should have enough to finish top 4 but with that attitude we ain't winning the title.

Spurs have to somehow find a way to stay in touch with the Manchester clubs over this upcoming brutal stretch ... if Spurs can stay within 8 or so points by the end of November, then we'll have an extended stretch of softer matches to try and get into contention.

Drop too many points in this next month+ though, and Spurs could be eliminated from the race.

Spurs have to somehow find a way to stay in touch with the Manchester clubs over this upcoming brutal stretch ... if Spurs can stay within 8 or so points by the end of November, then we'll have an extended stretch of softer matches to try and get into contention.

Drop too many points in this next month+ though, and Spurs could be eliminated from the race.

Well it's Liverpool next, than United, that's the most difficult matches you have till the end of november, Arsenal will be an easy one.

don't lose to those two, and you may have a chance.

If Spurs couldn't win it the last two seasons not a chance of them doing so this year

Well, City will have to set a new points record in a 38 game season to do better than Chelsea did last season ... and I don't see that happening, so it should be slightly easier this year. Chelsea were fecking awesome last year, the best (by points) team in the entire PL era.

Liverpool-Tottenham game will be at Wembley, so I'm expecting a Liverpool win and that'll be better for us. Liverpool will never challenge us imo and will fall a lot later, but Spurs are close to us and a much better team.

Liverpool-Tottenham game will be at Wembley, so I'm expecting a Liverpool win and that'll be better for us. Liverpool will never challenge us imo and will fall a lot later, but Spurs are close to us and a much better team.
Cant do it (hoping for a Liverpool win). A draw would be perfect.

The hysterics on here fecking hell :rolleyes:

It's always the same, team has a good run and looks formidable early season, end of season disappointment due to blips in form over full season.

Why not wait until mid season to anoint them champions? Personally I'll wait until the seasons actually over....

I prefer jose and us as underdogs. Let us beat the so called small teams and try to get 3 when play big teams at home. Say if we beat spurs at home then I won't mind a point at the bridge, even if that means 4 points behind city. The key is to not drop points against smaller teams.

Imagine if the players had as little faith/fight/backbone/spirit/optimism as some of the fans? Season well and truly would be over....

Spurs don't have the stamina.
Nothing will please me more than the scousers losing.

Spurs will be much more nuisance to us during the season than this Liverpool team imo. I even doubt Liverpool will finish in top 4 this season.

joke hearing some on here.
might as well give the kin cup to City.

Mourinho is very focused. He will get us the title.
I thought I would come on here today and see some degree of City love but even I am surprised about the extent. They are easily the most loved side on RedCafe and that's even including United's best teams.

City will, as most predicted in August, walk it. The battle for 6th-2nd will be more interesting as I don't think there's much between those sides.

On a slightly unrelated note, I just glanced at Spurs' next 8 fixtures - Real Madrid home and away, Dortmund away, United away, Liverpool at home and 3 London derbies (including Arsenal away). That's quite some run!
Yeah they will walk it. That 2 point gap in the middle of October is impossible to catch up on.

They will not 'walk' it.

feck me there's some bottlers on here. This is the last forum that should preach sbout mental toughness or the will to win.
When did we become so soft?

feck me there's some bottlers on here. This is the last forum that should preach sbout mental toughness or the will to win.
When did we become so soft?
Ridiculous, isn't it? The way City are glorified on here by some is annoying.

Well, City will have to set a new points record in a 38 game season to do better than Chelsea did last season ... and I don't see that happening, so it should be slightly easier this year. Chelsea were fecking awesome last year, the best (by points) team in the entire PL era.

Chelsea got 93 last season, the record is 95, again set by Chelsea in 04-05 (incidentally, the only game they lost was to City that season). I don't see Spurs winning the title to be honest, I predicted they'd struggle at Wembley and that seems to be the case so far. You'll drop too many points at home and that will cost you.

Have you seen them play? They force teams into submission. They played Everton off the park with 10 men. They will win the title with a considerable margin.

I think there's no point in completing the league. Give City the title now and cancel the rest of the games. Let the English teams focus on CL instead of pointless league fixtures.

@SS Its ridiculous. All I read on here was how posters would take a point pre match and when we do its the end of the world.
Apparently away to Liverpool is a game where we can afford to underperform and have it be acceptable so why freak out now post match?

Close the thread, I mean what's the purpose. City will win it and with a great, great margin. Nice of us to compete but that's it. Onwards and upwards.

Pep cocksukers actually.

The most ridiculous is the influx of new Citeh fans from Germany and Spain that started supporting them last season.

Especially funny with the Germans considering the high and mighty stance they take against RB Leipzig as a sugardaddy club and disgrace to football. Meanwhile they can't wait to cream themselves over Citeh which is essentially the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.