The Spurs thread | 2017-18 season | Serious thread - wummers/derailers will be threadbanned

Will Spurs finish in the top four in the upcoming season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs new stadium looks class, will be the best club stadium in the UK by some distance but I can't see how it is going to be finished by mid September. I said this a good few months ago and got shot down by a Spurs fan but the closer it gets to the deadline the more apparent it is becoming. What are they going to do next season?, groundshare with Arsenal?, is Wembley still an option?

Are you mad? :lol:

Spurs new stadium looks class, will be the best club stadium in the UK by some distance but I can't see how it is going to be finished by mid September. I said this a good few months ago and got shot down by a Spurs fan but the closer it gets to the deadline the more apparent it is becoming. What are they going to do next season?, groundshare with Arsenal?, is Wembley still an option?

I think when you look outside the stadium they are putting on the finial cladding and glass so it's closer to bing dome than it looks, the main structures are all in place and the roof lifted as far as I know. If the worst happens we have until the 14 June to decide if we want to play a run of games at Wembley but no team has ever played home games at two different stadia so the FA would have to allow us as a special case.

I think when you look outside the stadium they are putting on the finial cladding and glass so it's closer to bing dome than it looks, the main structures are all in place and the roof lifted as far as I know. If the worst happens we have until the 14 June to decide if we want to play a run of games at Wembley but no team has ever played home games at two different stadia so the FA would have to allow us as a special case.

This should not be allowed, every team should have to play Spurs in the same environment.

Be interesting who they went for if Pochettino left.

Would Eddie Howe be a good fit at this point in time. Done well at another South coast club and he needs to be given a chance higher up the league sooner or later, similar style to Poch.

Be interesting who they went for if Pochettino left.

Would Eddie Howe be a good fit at this point in time. Done well at another South coast club and he needs to be given a chance higher up the league sooner or later, similar style to Poch.
I'm not even trolling here but a motivated Wenger would be a perfect fit.
Imagine, top 4 AND a trophy!

42 million in compensation? That's hell a lot of money and probably shows how Madrid rate him. I won't be surprised if Madrid meet that figure either by paying or offering a player in return. Manager is an important appointment and Spurs have every right to demand the full sum.

It's definitely within the realms of possibility if Madrid come calling, I get the feeling Poch might have signed that 5 year deal because he got some kind of commitment from the board/Levy that Spurs will lay out some decent cash this window. Rather than the usual player sales equals spending money that Spurs have run with in the windows leading up to the stadium construction. Which may convince him to stick it out at Spurs, the Madrid job will come up again in a couple years no doubt.

If he does go so many question marks for Spurs, will the likes of Eriksen, Alli stay? Who comes in to replace him? It will have to be a coach willing to lean heavily on the academy and bring young players into the team. As well as operate on a tight budget.

It's definitely within the realms of possibility if Madrid come calling, I get the feeling Poch might have signed that 5 year deal because he got some kind of commitment from the board/Levy that Spurs will lay out some decent cash this window. Rather than the usual player sales equals spending money that Spurs have run with in the windows leading up to the stadium construction. Which may convince him to stick it out at Spurs, the Madrid job will come up again in a couple years no doubt.

If he does go so many question marks for Spurs, will the likes of Eriksen, Alli stay? Who comes in to replace him? It will have to be a coach willing to lean heavily on the academy and bring young players into the team. As well as operate on a tight budget.

He is totally committed to Spurs.

Poch press conference with Balague and the book in Barcelona this morning at 11am. Should be some interesting questions asked, don’t know who is reporting on it online though.

If Poch wants Madrid then he is gone. He can simply resign, get Madrid to pay the contract off and done.

Poch quotes,

"I've just renewed (my contract) with Tottenham and I am happy." When asked about how Levy might react if he leaves: "Careful. Levy can bite!"

Was just asked again about agreement to speak to Madrid in contract. "Neither written not verbal."

Seemed very relaxed and cool all the way through it. He’s staying IMO.

Desperation must be strong atm otherwise why would you claim certainty where it's logically impossible for you to do so.

You might ask that of all the many posters who claim that Poch is off to RM if offered the job.

It’s from a Barcelona Spurs fan at the presser.

I don't know, that's what BBC reporter Simon Stone said. As of now it's unverified, I mean the bit about forcing move to Madrid is disrespectful to Levy.

I don't know, that's what BBC reporter Simon Stone said. As of now it's unverified, I mean the bit about forcing move to Madrid is disrespectful to Levy.

If that’s how you wish to see it, he could have been asked “will you force a move”. Remember this is translation from Spanish to English. You seem to be licking and choosing your quotes.

Spurs fans are supremely confident here which is surprising. Klopp is three times less likely to join Real than Poch yet I'm still bricking it.

If that’s how you wish to see it, he could have been asked “will you force a move”. Remember this is translation from Spanish to English. You seem to be licking and choosing your quotes.

What? Did you mean to quote someone else?

Because all I said is going by this tweet.

And re licking and choosing, believe me I don't give a feck.

Status
Not open for further replies.