Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | [...] are NBA Champions! | Basketball GM

larry-david-unsure.gif
:lol:

09/10 Season Preview Part 3
09/10 Season Preview Part 3

bnAUdIS.png

@Samid and @Stobzilla on the San Antonio Spurs (52-30, 2nd Round)
nggjPLl.png

f8znxmB.png

7q2VAAJ.png

The Spurs actually did quite well last season. Their regular season record was very good, and they made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. The summer has not been nice to them, though. Every single player in the starting 5 has declined, including the 21 year old Stobzilla II. I wouldn't be too worried if I were him, though, since 60 at 21 probably means he's going to be pushing 70 at least. Samid doesn't have that long, though. He's still only 28, mind, so there's no need to panic quite yet. He's also one of those players were his rating hides the fact that he's absolutely going to score a lot of points no matter what.

@The Cat on the Phoenix Suns (43-39, 1st Round)
zTfaKdQ.png

7t513cz.png

The Cat is another Cafite who saw a decline over the summer. In his case it might actually be countered by several other Suns players getting better, but they're still not likely to be particularly good. Then again they weren't supposed to be laset season either, and they made the playoffs (as The Cat is wont to do). Who knows, maybe they could do it again?

@oneniltothearsenal and the Sacramento Kings (34-48)
VekILAT.png

ylgobWK.png

oneniltothearsenal also saw quite the decline, after staying remarkably stable even as he got into his early 30s. Mind you, 69 makes him still a very good player, and he'll still probably be a Triple-Double machine. His biggest challenge is probably just the fact that his team is incredibly poorly balanced. It's not a fantastic sign when you've got 39-rated Delonte West starting.

@Dan is on the Denver Nuggets (37-45)
Rr739pk.png

j9qQpd2.png

It's an epidemic. When not even solid, dependable Dan is immune from the march of time, who is safe? Most of the decline is purely physical, which makes sense for a 32-year old. It remains to be seen what effect that will have, but what seems certain is that his Nuggets aren't going to be very good this season.

@P-Nut and the Memphis Grizzlies (2nd Round)
DvBH41V.png

CjY6E36.png

Finally! After all those declining oldeads, we get a young(ish) lad just approaching his prime. P-Nut had a fine run in the playoffs last season, and he's got every reason to hope for a repeat of that this year. His improvements were matched by several of his Grizzlies teammates. Despite that, however, he's not at all happy in Memphis. It's mainly got to do with the small market and mean spending, so they'd have to have a really good season to convince him to re-sign after his contract expires at the end of the season.

@altodevil and the Los Angeles Lakers (67-15, NBA Champions)
VcWFdqW.png

vqM8u8m.png

altodevil keeps declining physically, marginally, but he also keeps making up for it by getting technically better. It doesn't mean much at this point, but if he starts seeing the 20s in some of those technical skills he might actually start taking more than two shots per game. Still, his dominance is very much reliant on his physique, so it will be interesting to see how this affects the Lakers. They did get marginally worse overall, but it's still a very, very deep team.

@Dr. Dwayne and the Utah Jazz (36-46)
ehrmV3E.png

tu7aaHM.png

I'm not sure Dr. Dwayne is going to be happy to see his chance at re-signing with the Utah Jazz as high as 7%. The Jazz are in the same spot as a few other teams at this point: not very bad, but probably not good either. A starting 5 all between 58 and 65 rating probably isn't going to cut it. Luckily for Dr. Dwayne he's only got another couple of seasons on his contract, so his championship dreams aren't over quite yet. If he stays in the 60s as he gets older he's still got every chance of ending up on a cheap contract on a very good team.

Lakers looking weaker. Not a fan of the JR Smith trade. I'm also getting old. All that being said, we still have a chance at a threepeat. But I'm not betting on it. Grizz look scary.

What are the rules again to retire gracefully after this season and get a new replacement in?

Don't want to end up in some slumhole like LA.

Great writeups again!

My species reproduce by binary fission so how is that going to work when it comes to retirement?

Those of us stuck on losing teams our careers should get to band together for one final playoff run before we all retire

09/10 25-Game Update
09/10 25-Game Update

Standings:

LVPSRF0.png

Trades:

@Skizzo (IND), @Dan (DET) - Good news Dan! No wait, this is your team getting rid of decent players in return for future picks (and also giving away one pick though??)
geZTUnJ.png

qj931oI.png

@Stobzilla & @Samid (SAS) - I suspect the Spurs aren't trying to be good.
wDLmUtg.png

@P-Nut (MEM), @hobbers (BOS) - This seems very even. It does leave Boston without a great Center, but Kobe though?
QVgU5Mx.png

@V.O. (NJ) - a "win now" move for the Nets
qDrm7TH.png

@weetee (ATL) - I guess that means no Solius-level money for Atlanta next season
DfcWdDM.png

@Dr. Dwayne (UTA) - simply unhinged behaviour by Oklahoma
FCP3gZP.png

That OKC trade is bizarre.

Looks like Lakers no longer top dogs. That's fine though. We won our rings, had the best season of all time, and got paid.

That OKC trade is bizarre.

Looks like Lakers no longer top dogs. That's fine though. We won our rings, had the best season of all time, and got paid.
You will at the very least remain the most successful for sometime. I have got a taste for the high life and am retiring this season.

Been carried my entire career so thanks chaps it's all coke and hookers for me from here.

You will at the very least remain the most successful for sometime. I have got a taste for the high life and am retiring this season.

Been carried my entire career so thanks chaps it's all coke and hookers for me from here.

You were both Semi-Finals MVP and Finals MVP in 2006, so I think that one at least was your own doing.

@weetee (ATL) - I guess that means no Solius-level money for Atlanta next season

Never understood why I get paid that much - decent playmaking aside - they could afford a solius kinda player for that dough. Gotta hang with Lebron and maybe make the playoffs- wohoo.

Ooh look at us getting ready to just miss out on the playoffs!

09/10 All Star Weekend
09/10 All Star Weekend

Standings

6grZ7Qr.png

Slam Dunk Challenge

UvFHB1Y.png

Another win by @BenitoSTARR! Suck it, LeBron James, Kevin Durant and Eric Gordon.

3 Point Contest

Another Caf-dominated list of participants, with @Dr. Dwayne, @BenitoSTARR, @P-Nut, @Samid, @hobbers and @V.O.. But can they beat Kyle Korver?

CpxnjzH.png

1st Round (4 advance)

Martell Webster: 20
Kyle Korver: 24

DTKxBhL.png

QrrWZ5e.png

7OTk2IQ.png

pN11yxd.png

23 isn't enough for Samid, he's out.

ftf9FkS.png

hobbers is eliminated from his first ever 3 Point Contest.

ugqYudp.png

25 is enough for V.O.! He goes through with BenitoSTARR, P-Nut and Dr. Dwayne. Kyle Korver is out!

2nd Round (2 advance)

QvOxJkV.png

MibrZew.png

9wu0cKM.png

Dr. Dwayne is out, and V.O. needs at least 28!
SVkGuKH.png

Oof, that's not 28. It will be BenitoSTARR against P-Nut in the final round. The last time that happened was in 2005, and BenitoSTARR won by one point.

Final Round

2Qu10up.png

Very good start! Can P-Nut match it?
oRx3HNh.png

Nope! BenitoSTARR is the 3-Point champion for the 5th time, pulling away from Kyle Korver and Solius (who missed out due to injury)

QjY9ifX.png

All Star Game

IQbhTLu.png

@BenitoSTARR, @hobbers, @V.O. and @Samid return for the East. @Solius barely misses out due to injury.

vIGrQkK.png

@P-Nut, @altodevil, @oneniltothearsenal and @Dr. Dwayne return for the West, and @Salt Bailly makes his All Star debut at the tender age of 32.

WIK6PZ1.png

ptdC0nT.png

Not exactly taking the East by storm are we. Had similar numbers with the Bobtwats

I hear nimic had to move to Fiji on very short notice.

09/10 End of Regular Season & Playoff Bracket
09/10 End of Regular Season

@Dan has fallen down the stairs. As a result his overall rating has dropped to 58.

wpi2XKs.png

Final Regular Season Standings

East: Of the four Cafite teams who made it, two are in great form (@V.O.'s Nets and @BenitoSTARR's Knicks), and two aren't (@hobbers' Celtics and @weetee's Hawks). That might give us an indication of how the playoffs are going to play out. I'd be worried about those Wizards either way, though.

@Dan missed out barely, fittingly going 50 wins since the last update and 50% for the entire season (though of course he'd be injured for the full playoffs and more anyway). @sebsheep and @Skizzo were never going to make it, but they made a much better impression towards the end of the season regardless. @Samid, @Solius and @reelworld made a different kind of impression.

West: @altodevil and @P-Nut seem to be serious contenders in the West. @Stobzilla's Spurs took quite the leap up the standings since the last update, barely making the playoffs. It's a rather disappointing end of the season for @oneniltothearsenal, @The Cat, @Dr. Dwayne and @Salt Bailly.

IDT87hT.png

League Leaders

4oJNo9B.png
RtaqDqE.png
lN3QHrh.png

FdxOlCD.png
d4gTeva.png
s5MqKR5.png

Playoff Bracket

aID1bgU.png

Finally, a reminder of the retirement rules. The Cat has already decided to retire at the end of the season. The others who are eligible for early retirement (and reincarnation) are Samid, Skizzo, reelworld and Dan after his injury. You don't have to retire, and you can still win stuff even if you're not top dog. Or, if you're Samid, you could be going for the all time NBA 'most different teams' record.