Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | [...] are NBA Champions! | Basketball GM

You have an all time top 20 of assist-er(?)..you know what I mean. Asking for a friend.

The season stuff I can live with that. But in terms of legacy, I should clearly be in pole position now. So make sure you fudge the formula to reflect that.

That's why I started changing the original formula in the first place, because I don't think you were even in the top 100 when it cared so much about points and assists :lol:

That's why I started changing the original formula in the first place, because I don't think you were even in the top 100 when it cared so much about points and assists :lol:

Because the general audience doesn‘t care about it. That‘s why Hobbers and Solius (not sure about Hobbers) are sitting front row at Paris fashion week while Alto can go unnoticed to 7-eleven and buy a mountain dew.

Because the general audience doesn‘t care about it. That‘s why Hobbers and Solius (not sure about Hobbers) are sitting front row at Paris fashion week while Alto can go unnoticed to 7-eleven and buy a mountain dew.
Aren't I 7foot tall?

I'm Earth's most famous Namekian.

08/09 Season Review
08/09 Season Review

Final regular season standings

EuASif6.png

Regular season awards - Caf dominating the All-NBA Teams, with BenitoSTARR, Solius, hobbers and P-Nut all making the 1st team, altodevil making the 2nd team, and oneniltothearsenal and Dr. Dwayne making the 3rd team. Also a good showing in the All-Defensive Teams, with altodevil and hobbers in the 1st, BenitoSTARR and oneniltothearsenal in the 2nd, and Solius in the 3rd.

mp1UCYU.png
p53Px0C.png

Playoff results - altodevil and the Los Angeles Lakers with their 2nd championship in a row! Are we seeing a dynasty forming?

cc51VOj.png

Season summary - BenitoSTARR with another MVP, and altodevil with another Defensive Player of the Year. altodevil was also both semifinals and finals MVP.

M3XA38D.png
IWuKSK0.png

Regular season stats (@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Samid @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee)

VtYzcDA.png

Statistical feats
ygY9y6G.png

o6qBSG3.png
BuUjQBH.png
9lFYpXI.png

mPKf8RM.png
r6bG0XE.png

vfmjr3w.png

tTaD9DL.png

Coming up: Draft and Free Agency

apQA4di.png
HfEg3Q1.png
yGVAejx.png

Cant believe someone of my talent wouldnt just stick with 2-3 year deals their whole career.

My player shared my thinking. That's the sign of excellent character creation.

My player shared my thinking. That's the sign of excellent character creation.
Watch Lakers management trying to improve the team by exchanging every single player.

-

+1 Hobber‘s happy with his playing time :lol: (probably not as smart off the court as on it)

Imagine playing to win awards instead of games and championships. Peasant.

Imagine playing to win awards instead of games and championships. Peasant.
I can’t fit anymore rings on my shaft. The people of New York were worthy of my attention.

The LA crew just do coke off each others anus’.

2009 Draft and Free Agency

Draft
  1. Tyreke Evans (GF 61/78) to New Orleans Hornets
  2. Jrue Holiday (G 48/80) to New Orleans Hornets
  3. Stephen Curry (PG 59/75) to Miami Heat
  4. James Harden (G 56/75) to New Jersey Nets
  5. Blake Griffin (FC 56/72) to Houston Rockets
  6. Brandon Jennings (PG 57/70) to Atlanta Hawks
  7. Jonny Flynn (PG 55/72) to Utah Jazz
  8. Omri Casspi (F 55/71) to Toronto Raptors
  9. Chase Budinger (SF 53/67) to Detroit Pistons
  10. Marcus Thornton (SG 56/66) to Toronto Raptors
Free Agency

@altodevil has re-signed with the Los Angeles Lakers for $18.61M/yr through 2014
@Samid has left the Golden State Warriors to sign for the San Antonio Spurs for $10.38M/yr through 2014
@hobbers has re-signed with the Charlotte Bobc- just kidding. He has signed with the Boston Celtics for $19.2M/yr through 2014

Free Agency Trades

@The Cat @oneniltothearsenal
vjc9RmS.png

@Skizzo
705FRN8.png

@Dr. Dwayne
kh2Hj6y.png

@BenitoSTARR
aidTUtj.png

@P-Nut
8QXX5V2.png

@V.O.
NjjpTbk.png

Literally the worst team in the nba, great

Can I retire now

How were their power ratings so low last preview, they even had samid then

Casually earning almost as much as the rest of the my team combined.

The season stuff I can live with that. But in terms of legacy, I should clearly be in pole position now. So make sure you fudge the formula to reflect that.
Nobody cares about your shitty defense.

Well done you spoil the most fun part of the sport and are shit at the most fun part of the sport.
If anything it should be more weighted to points, assists and hammer.

Draft
  1. Tyreke Evans (GF 61/78) to New Orleans Hornets
  2. Jrue Holiday (G 48/80) to New Orleans Hornets
  3. Stephen Curry (PG 59/75) to Miami Heat
  4. James Harden (G 56/75) to New Jersey Nets
  5. Blake Griffin (FC 56/72) to Houston Rockets
  6. Brandon Jennings (PG 57/70) to Atlanta Hawks
  7. Jonny Flynn (PG 55/72) to Utah Jazz
  8. Omri Casspi (F 55/71) to Toronto Raptors
  9. Chase Budinger (SF 53/67) to Detroit Pistons
  10. Marcus Thornton (SG 56/66) to Toronto Raptors
Free Agency

@altodevil has re-signed with the Los Angeles Lakers for $18.61M/yr through 2014
@Samid has left the Golden State Warriors to sign for the San Antonio Spurs for $10.38M/yr through 2014
@hobbers has re-signed with the Charlotte Bobc- just kidding. He has signed with the Boston Celtics for $19.2M/yr through 2014

Free Agency Trades

@The Cat @oneniltothearsenal
vjc9RmS.png

@Skizzo
705FRN8.png

@Dr. Dwayne
kh2Hj6y.png

@BenitoSTARR
aidTUtj.png

@P-Nut
8QXX5V2.png

@V.O.
NjjpTbk.png
So we drafted steph curry, who plays in my position. I have a bad feeling about that.

09/10 Season Preview Part 2
09/10 Season Preview Part 2

5dJK1v8.png

@BenitoSTARR on the New York Knicks (48-34, 2nd Round)
LTQgRio.png

8lTABrT.png

BenitoSTARR might be disappointed if he ends his career with "only" two rings, having been a superstar on an (almost) automatic playoff team. He keeps winning MVPs too, so he must be doing something right. While he saw a slight decline already this season (with every chance he reverses it next season given he's still only 28), his team might have gotten better. Are they good enough to play with the likes of the altodevil-Lakers, hobbers-Celtics and Durant-Wizards, though?

@sebsheep is on the Miami Heat (27-55)
f3NgcvE.png

fwINjfW.png

This is... not a great team. On the other hand, SebJr himself is but a wee bairn, and we've seen what can happen to players whose teams were suddenly too good for good draft picks but too bad to get anywhere. The Seattle boys were only the Seattle boys because Seattle kept being awful and drafting the boys and their teammates.

@Solius and @reelworld on the Orlando Magic (49-33, Conference Finals)
K2IAwBn.png

YYI0fX5.png

k9ZxsAt.png

What to make of the Orlando Magic? No, seriously, what should I make of them? They were great, and then they weren't, and then suddenly last season they were possibly an injured Solius from the NBA Final and a shot at the title. Their squad isn't looking too likely to repeat that, though. Paradoxically the younger reelworld is the one who took the biggest step back - a move he'll want to perfect, incidentally, given his new jumping rating of 5. He's not going to dunk on you, is he?

@V.O. and the New Jersey Nets (33-49)
zAMLGSj.png

7uQ6jxb.png

10x All-Star. 8x Assists Leader. 6x All-League. All-Defensive. Scoring Leader. V.O. has had a very successful career by any measure except one: rings. It's not like he's held his teams back or anything, it just hasn't happened for them. He's not too old to make something happen though, and his teammates are all young and pretty good - and getting better. The only problem is the aforementioned superteams, but any team is just an injured hobbers from crashing out of the playoffs.

@Skizzo is on the Indiana Pacers (41-41, 2nd Round)
p28bMMc.png

gOy7J8q.png

I wonder if there's a "the best players decline the slowest" thing in the game, because it seems like all our good-but-not-great players are declining before their older superstar friends. It's not over for Skizzo by any means, as he could just as well go +5 next season again, but it probably won't be the most eventful season for his Pacers. Are they good? No. Are they bad? Maybe.

@weetee and the Atlanta Hawks (33-49)
mzSe1Jo.png

lMCOc8K.png

The bad news: LeBron James is declining a bit. The good news: weetee and several other teammates are still improving. The Hawks haven't really done too much the last years despite drafting LeBron, but they're not a bad little team as it stands. Maybe a bit heavy on guards, but other than that pretty good across the board. The challenge is that Tim Thomas is now finally getting old, but that might paradoxically not be so terrible for the future. If he leaves the Hawks suddenly have some money to throw at, say, a Solius. If he stays he'll probably be paid less, and that might mean more money for other decent players.

@hobbers is now on the Boston Celtics (31-51)
40Ma0hy.png

FdQIGin.png

Let's be honest, hobbers hasn't had the best of luck so far. Well, unless you consider the fact that he's been the highest rated player in the NBA for a decade now. Some (your Skizzos and your sebsheeps) might say that's not something to whine about. Still, he's mostly been on teams that are good literally only because he's on them. Once or twice he might have had a shot at the championship, but in those cases he's been quite unlucky with injuries. Well I say unlucky, but what teams spend on stuff like coaching and fitness has an impact. Now he's in Boston, who spend money even when they're bad. And he's got a teammate who is above 70 for the first time since... I honestly don't know, maybe ever?

@Salt Bailly and the Detroit Pistons (48-34, 1st Round)
2KOO4ck.png

c9cxSw5.png

Salt Bailly really is the steady, safe choice of this whole experiment. He's never been bad. He's never been a superstar either, perhaps, but 67 is very good in any case. The only reason he's not sitting on 4 rings (or wearing them on his hand, probably) is that he just hasn't been on the right team yet. Is he on the right team now? In a word: no. The Pistons aren't bad by any means, but two 67 players probably isn't enough to get very far in the playoffs. They did alright last season though, so who knows?

He's never made an all-league team and he's 32. What a bum.

Salt Bailly really is the steady, safe choice of this whole experiment. He's never been bad. He's never been a superstar either, perhaps, but 67 is very good in any case. The only reason he's not sitting on 4 rings (or wearing them on his hand, probably) is that he just hasn't been on the right team yet. Is he on the right team now? In a word: no.
larry-david-unsure.gif