Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Offret
The last of Tarkovsky :(

It’s a study of spirituality and sacrifice, although it was probably my least favorite overall it’s still a beautiful film. The shot at the end of the burning house was epic. 8/10

It was the last one of his I saw as well. I felt a bit depressed for a while. :(

Hitchcock, what are his best films? I've seen Vertigo, Rear Window, Notorious, Strangers on a Train, Rebecca.

Dial M for Murder, 39 Windows, Notorious, Spellbound, Rope, North by Northwest, Psycho, Suspicion, The Lady Vanishes et al. All very good and all.

Black Dynamite- Anybody looking for a decent little comedy should check this out. It basically is a piss take out of African-American stereotypes in 70's films. Now I know you are thinking please God not another 'Undercover Brother' which I also wasted a small portion of my life on but honestly 'Black Dynamite' is miles better.

7/10.

:lol:

i must be easily pleased spoony - but i rather like james purefoy, have done since i saw him in first knight.

I;m never taking any of your ratings seriously again, Erica!

To be fair, I've seen a lot of tripe at the pictures this year. So, I've hardly got room to talk.

they are marvellous ( unless you forget one and then have the most horrific withdrawal symptoms - i forgot ne two nights ago and i was like the living dead the following morning )

you don't like Independence Day i take it? ( i love jeff goldblum, so cool )

I've forgotten, why are you taking these pills again??

And nah, I didn't like it.

What else have you seen recently?

I've forgotten, why are you taking these pills again??

And nah, I didn't like it.

What else have you seen recently?

sex and the city 2 ( for the third time, and it gets worse each time i watch it )
after.life ( which i quite enjoyed )
clash of the titans ( not bad )

and i know it's not a film, but both series of phoenix nights, which i still find hysterical

and yes, i think jeff goldblum is cool - his walk in ID at the end is great

if i was voting purely ( purefoyly? ) for him, it would be 9.5 :)

Now he's in Rome, isn't he?

I started watching that, and never finished - got them all on DVD, so must get back to them.

He's nice.

sex and the city 2 ( for the third time, and it gets worse each time i watch it )
after.life ( which i quite enjoyed )
clash of the titans ( not bad )

and i know it's not a film, but both series of phoenix nights, which i still find hysterical

and yes, i think jeff goldblum is cool - his walk in ID at the end is great

Yep, the pills have permanently affected your brain's taste sensors.

Have you seen Inglorious Basterds yet?? Watch it, Erica.

Ooops! Spoony, not Spammy.

Paprika is going on the to watch list, but I've got the other two on dvd here, do you not rate either of them?

yes he's gorgeous - i never watched rome but apparently he's naked ( full frontal ) in episode 4 without the aid of a stunt penis :)

Terribly insensitive considering his stunt penis died in a sky-diving accident on an unrelated project. Its family didn't even get insurance money since it'd broken the terms of the policy.

Ooops! Spoony, not Spammy.

Paprika is going on the to watch list, but I've got the other two on dvd here, do you not rate either of them?

I've seen Howl's. Depends what you want WP. I loved Spirited Away and Monoke but Miyazki's other films are too innocent or should I don't work as well for adults. That's my opinion anyway.

The Exterminating Angel - Very good, surreal film. A group of upper class people can't for some reason leave the mansion where they just had a party in, and no one can enter it. I'm not sure what the meaning of some of the things in it were or if there even were are any hidden meanings at all, all I know is that I enjoyed it.

Harakiri - A grey, very grim samurai drama. Great story but the dialogue is very slow, which might make it a bit of a hard watch. The last 20 minutes are really good. Yeah, very good film.

I've seen Howl's. Depends what you want WP. I loved Spirited Away and Monoke but Miyazki's other films are too innocent or should I don't work as well for adults. That's my opinion anyway.

Might save Howl's for some lazy Sunday so. I watched Kiki's Delivery Service last week and it was a bit of a snoozefest.