Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

BLACK SNAKE MOAN

black.web.jpg

Christiana Ricci and Samuel Jackson with two great performances. Never like to give any story away so will just say Ricci plays a wild girl going around town in more ways than one and Jackson is a god fearing christian. Both have some daemons in the closet.

Jutim Timberlake is in it as well, and though he started off badly, thought he just about did well in the end.

8/10

And Oh, she gets her tits out plenty of time in the movie..

knockedup.gif

Knocked Up

I really didn't expect this to be any good but it was. Refreshingly real and funny. Katherine Heigl looking nice as usual and one of those movies you can watch with your girlfriend without either of you complaining.

7.5/10
I didn't like it that much. I think it was because 3-4 people told me it was good and I was expecting more from it. 6.5/10 for me

Watched Blade Runner last night(thanks to Wibble), not seen it for years. . . forgot how much of a visual masterpiece it was. Stunning. You can seen the influence it's had on the genre.

Saw 2 movies yesterday.

The Red violin
Interesting story about a violin that travels around the world over some 300 years and is supposed to be a perfect musical instrument.
7/10

Blood Diamond
I thought Di Caprio was awesome in this movie even though I'm not familiar with the Zimbabwean accent. Is that what it's really like or did he get it horribly wrong? Great storyline but not so great directing. Way too many close calls of the James Bond nature. Unnecessary flirting shown between Di Caprio and Connelly, who btw looks fantastic.
7.5/10

I really ought to be studying more.

Watched Blade Runner last night(thanks to Wibble), not seen it for years. . . forgot how much of a visual masterpiece it was. Stunning. You can seen the influence it's had on the genre.

It is visually stunning isn't it. I saw it about 3 years ago when I showed it to my son who loed it even though he was only 5 at the time. I recently got the Director's Cut for 3 quid and I will give it another look soon.

I also got Shanshank for the same price and watched it for the first time in forever. Better than I remember. Not Godfather 2 but very decent.

It is visually stunning isn't it. I saw it about 3 years ago when I showed it to my son who loed it even though he was only 5 at the time. I recently got the Director's Cut for 3 quid and I will give it another look soon.

I also got Shanshank for the same price and watched it for the first time in forever. Better than I remember. Not Godfather 2 but very decent.

Anime has deffo been influenced by Blade Runner too. Shame, that it's probably one of a very few grown up sci-fi films, around. Without doubt Ridley's Scott's best.

Blood Diamond
I thought Di Caprio was awesome in this movie even though I'm not familiar with the Zimbabwean accent. Is that what it's really like or did he get it horribly wrong? Great storyline but not so great directing. Way too many close calls of the James Bond nature. Unnecessary flirting shown between Di Caprio and Connelly, who btw looks fantastic.
7.5/10

Although I love Jennifer Connelly, for a few moments I thought she was advertising for Gillette Mach 5s

Not that it would deter me from doing her mind

I didn't like Blood Diamond that much. Infact I thought it was average.
Last King of Scotland and Catch a Fire were much better than it for me.

Just saw a film called Breach which starred Chris Cooper and Laura Linney. About the FBI traitor Robert Hanssen (the worst spy in american history), and how an young FBI operative helped bring him down. Quite a good and impressive movie, kept me interested the whole way through.

Blood Diamond
7.5/10
Jen Connelly alone worth the ticket price :D.
That being said, I too thought that DiCaprio was fantastic in this role. Much better than his role in The Departed IMO.

BLACK SNAKE MOAN

black.web.jpg

Christiana Ricci and Samuel Jackson with two great performances. Never like to give any story away so will just say Ricci plays a wild girl going around town in more ways than one and Jackson is a god fearing christian. Both have some daemons in the closet.

Jutim Timberlake is in it as well, and though he started off badly, thought he just about did well in the end.

8/10

And Oh, she gets her tits out plenty of time in the movie..

Fabulous movie, it starts off seeming erotic.. but turns out to be a massively intense movie..absoloutly great film

the tits are especially nice, firm and hot :smirk:

8/10

Received 'Seconds' in the post, today. Also ordered Bittersweet Life and Lady Vengeance. I'm addicted to watching films.

Oh and I'm downloading Collateral and Over the Hedge. (anyone seen them?)

Just found Seconds on blockbuster online, added to my rental list. Should come next week in the mail.

I saw Collateral when in released. Don't remember much now except that I didn't like it all that much.

I pay 20 dollars a month and get 3 movies at a time. I can keep them for as long as I like and return them to my lock store for a movie in return. So I can watch upto 6 movies a week and I get one free coupon a month. If i watch movies the day they arrive and return them the next day I can watch around 25 movies a month for 20 dollars. I've never managed to do that so far.

My current List (some movies were added by my flatmate)

Europa Europa
R
DVD
06/02/2007
06/05/2007

Farewell, My Concubine
R
DVD
06/05/2007
06/07/2007

Chungking Express
PG13
DVD
Available

Dances with Wolves [WS Special Edition]
PG13
DVD
Available
Move “Dances with Wolves [WS Special Edition]” to top of Queue

Cross of Iron
DVD
Short Wait
Move “Cross of Iron” to top of Queue

Aguirre, the Wrath of God
DVD
Available
Move “Aguirre, the Wrath of God” to top of Queue

Third Man [Special Edition]
DVD
Short Wait
Move “Third Man [Special Edition]” to top of Queue

Wild Bunch
R
DVD
Available
Move “Wild Bunch” to top of Queue

Bonnie and Clyde
DVD
Available
Move “Bonnie and Clyde” to top of Queue

Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
DVD
Available
Move “Man Who Shot Liberty Valance” to top of Queue

Network [WS/P&S]
R
DVD
Available
Move “Network [WS/P&S]” to top of Queue

Key Largo
NR
DVD
Available
Move “Key Largo” to top of Queue

Insider
R
DVD
Available
Move “Insider” to top of Queue

Sweet Smell of Success
NR
DVD
Short Wait
Move “Sweet Smell of Success” to top of Queue

Man for All Seasons
G
DVD
Available
Move “Man for All Seasons” to top of Queue

Stand by Me [Special Edition]
R
DVD
Available
Move “Stand by Me [Special Edition]” to top of Queue

Little Children
R
DVD
Available
Move “Little Children” to top of Queue

Once Were Warriors
R
DVD
Available
Move “Once Were Warriors” to top of Queue

Lamerica
DVD
Very Long Wait
Move “Lamerica” to top of Queue

Blue Kite
NR
DVD
Short Wait
Move “Blue Kite” to top of Queue

Break set,Belle Noiseuse.
Belle Noiseuse

Move “Belle Noiseuse” to top of Queue

Belle Noiseuse - Disc 1
DVD
Short Wait

Belle Noiseuse - Disc 2
DVD
Short Wait

Come and See
DVD
Available
Move “Come and See” to top of Queue

Seconds
DVD
Short Wait
Move “Seconds” to top of Queue

Nah. I've got a few films directed by Takeshi Miike. Just scanning through his films, that said Wings of Desire's got nowt to do with him. Oh and I've still got Rainy Dog to see.

VACANCY

vacancy-2007.jpg

Thriller movie based on a couple stuck in a motel.
Not a must see movie by any means but one won't get bored while watching it.

5.5/10

Saw A tale of two sisters tonite as well. Was good but my head was spinning for the last 30 mins, too many plot twists. 7/10 for me

Is this Collateral that is being talked about here the one with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx?? If that's the one, no way it's better than Heat.