Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

The Hangover Some not unfunny moments but it is just a series of not that hysterical sketches tacked to together. Much of the "plot" remains more or less unexplained or nonsensical and it needed a series of photos during the end title to ties some of the scenes together. Funny in bits but a mess.5.5/10

Goal III

I loved Goal 1. Goal 2 was disapointing I felt, but it was watchable... I didn't expect much from Goal 3 to be honest... yet I was still disappointed. Santi is still in, but plays a very minor role, people have disappeared without much explanation, and new people introduced without much explanation. The storyline is based on the World Cup 06, and based on England, but the storyline that goes on around it is ridiculous.

As a movie, I give it 3.5/10, only cos its about football.
As a Goal sequal, I give it 0

If You Were Me

A compilation of six shorts criticising the korean society and its population. All of the shorts had their moments, and all of it is actually true even today. I was fortunate to have a korean girl watching it with me since it helped alot, trying to understand the culture and the traditions.

3/5

If You Were Me

A compilation of six shorts criticising the korean society and its population. All of the shorts had their moments, and all of it is actually true even today. I was fortunate to have a korean girl watching it with me since it helped alot, trying to understand the culture and the traditions.

3/5

You always have an Asian girl with you....what do you actually do in life?

Taken 4/10

Overrated, laughable bollocks. It's essentially a Steven Seagal revenge film (but with bigger plot holes).

Hate is a silly choice of words, especially when you're ready to give it 6/10. Having that said, Infernal Affairs is miles better.

Rubbish then. Forgettable overacted Hollywood crap. You pick. Pretty ordinary film either way.

The Soloist.

Nicely shot, well acted and all that but ultimately it's a bit boring and cheesy as feck. Definitely has its moments and I toyed with giving it a 7 but that corny ending brings it down to a 6 for me. Also for some reason I thought it was supposed to be an action flick so that was a it strange. Yeah 6/10.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince Darker and rather brooding compared to past efforts. Fewer flashy magic stuff and far less emphasis on supporting characters from the past films and lots of teenage angst. Quite obviously a linking film to the 2 film finale but a pretty good one if you are at all Potter inclined. Dragged there by my son I was suprised that the 2+ hours went by quite quickly. 7/10 Less if you aren't a HP fan but lets face it unless you have kids you won't watch it unless you are.

Saw four movies over the weekend .. two at the cinema and two at home.

At the theatres -
1. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - Yes, it was dark,brooding etc etc but more because most of the scenes lack proper lighting than anything in the story. IMO, it didn't advance the story much at all. There was minor character development and the only advancement to the plot happens in the last 10 minutes of the movie. More of a flaw with the book than the movie in that regard but I didn't enjoy this too much. I've read the books and wasn't overly thrilled.

2. Ice Age 3 - Enjoyable. As good as the first two, if not better.

At home -
3. Frost/Nixon - Very nice. Great performances, tight story. One of Ron Howard's better movies in between those two Dan Brown disasters. Please stick to making these sort of movies. Frost/Nixon > Slumdog Millionairre

4. Miller's Crossing - The first time I've seen it and its already high on my list of favourites. Absolute gem of a movie. The Coens set the bar high for themselves so early in their career. The Big Lebowski and Fargo used to be my favourite Coen films but this one is right up there. I don't think I've hear more consistently wittier dialogue through a film. Superb characters as well, Gabriel Byrne, Jon Polito and Al Finney are all brilliant.
What's the rumpus, fellas ?

4. Miller's Crossing - The first time I've seen it and its already high on my list of favourites. Absolute gem of a movie. The Coens set the bar high for themselves so early in their career. The Big Lebowski and Fargo used to be my favourite Coen films but this one is right up there. I don't think I've hear more consistently wittier dialogue through a film. Superb characters as well, Gabriel Byrne, Jon Polito and Al Finney are all brilliant.
What's the rumpus, fellas ?

Great film.

"Look into your heart"

"Whut heart?"

Mammoth

A somewhat uneven, forgettable and worse version of Babel. I have to give credit for the soundtrack involving Ladytron though. And of course, the backpacking parts of Thailand and Philippines in the movie were quite entertaining for me from a personal point of view.

3/5

Dasepo Naughty Girls

Probably the strangest, most childish movie I've ever seen. At least the most childish korean one I've seen. There wasn't even any nudity which was the reason for which I downloaded and watched it.

1/5

Spent a good portion of my weekend watching James Cagny films. Saw The Public Enemy, Angels with Dirty Faces and The Roaring Twenties. All quality gangster movies, the guy plays an amazing gangster.

Also saw Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. Thought it was fairly dull for long portions and missed a good deal from the books that I liked, oh well, it was never gonna be a great film because even when I read the book it was a bit to angsty for my liking with all the love triangles.

saw Harry Potter on Saturday. the kids seemed to enjoy it but I was left thinking it was missing something. even the kids picked up on a few changes from the book that made no obvious sense.

Choke - Sam Rockwell and a whole lotta sex: 3/5

North by Northwest - Hitchcock + Cary Grant + Eva Marie Saint = 5/5

The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things. feck me, it's awful. Could only make it about 25 minutes in. Had to turn it off. Avoid at all costs.
I thought it was quite good, book is excellent though the author is a fake.

Bob Funk - Rachael Leigh Cook looked lovely but otherwise nothing special - 3/10

Bart Got a Room - typical prom movie about a guy that doesn't get a date, William H. Macy was solid though - 5/10

The bucket list ---dunno how i missed this till now , excellent movie 10/10

The Hangover
7.8/10
I read Jgrahams thread (think it was his) and he made it seem like the funniest thing i'd see this year. In reality it is a good and witty film, but i don't think it's a classic.

Adventureland
8.8/10
I was bored the other night and found a copy of this online (never head of it before) i watched it and was pleasantly surprised. It's a coming of age film set in the 80s revolving around teens/young adult taking a job at a crappy fair ground / amusement park. It's not really a comedy more comedy/drama. But i'd definately recommend it.

Role Models
7.8/10
Decent comedy film about two dudes who go around schools with an anti drug message and trying to sell their companys energy drink, they feck up along the line and have to do 150hrs community service at a kiddies camp. It's a good comedy with some really funny moments.

Notorious
6/10
Notorious B.I.Gs biographical film, I like Biggie and his story but for some reason this film didn't catch my imagination and i didn't stick with it properly.

Låt den rätte komma in.

Not your average vampire flick, this is actually quite good. It centres around a young Swedish boy who meets, and forms a bond, with a young vampire girl. Although I've not read the book I've heard that the film is a pretty good representation of it, which is probably due to the author writing the screenplay as well. It's a good script to begin with but it's brilliantly acted by the young cast, especially by Lina Leandersson who plays the vampire.

All in all a refreshing take on the genre and a very enjoyable film. I liked the ending.

8/10

I really can't believe you liked Adventureland more than The Hangover diver. It must have been overhyped to epic proportions for you to feel that way because it's very, very funny.

Yeah The Hangover is alot funnier then Adventureland, but I genuinely didn't have as many laugh out loud laughs as i thought i would from The Hangover so it let it down a bit for me.

Also Adventureland i'd never heard of so i had nothing to base it on and was really surprised.

I really can't believe you liked Adventureland more than The Hangover diver. It must have been overhyped to epic proportions for you to feel that way because it's very, very funny.

Adventureland is more of a drama, there are very few intentionally funny moments.

Adventureland is more of a drama, there are very few intentionally funny moments.

Well yeah but in essence it's not that good a drama or comedy whereas the Hangover is a fantastic comedy I thought. And equally Role Models is quite good but it's not a patch on the Hangover for me. Each to their own but it just seems to me that there's a bit of an undeserved backlash on The Hangover just because it was popular.

anyway , i need help with a movie

kungfu parody , miss wow with one tit , flying cow etc

need a title

edit

got it , kung pow