Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

The lion also has a collar, wtf for are you gonna take him for a walk or control him or is to identify him from other pet lions

James Franco deserved to be killed for this performance, luckily he redeemed himself in Pineapple Express

Just saw Hellboy 2

Meh, ok I guess. Hellboy 1 was better structured. Also the main mythology was weak for me, the supposed villain was terrible.

I thought the movie was a bit crap, but I quite liked the bad guy. Luke Goss tends to do the anaemic, evil-ninja super villain really well. He was quite good at it in Bros and all.

Watched The Color Purple yesterday.

The movie is technically perfect. Even the moral message of the story is very strong. But I didn't have that feeling like "I am going to watch this again". Plus I don't find necessary happy-endings in such a movies. 4/5

P.S. I can't believe that Danny Glover didn't receive at least an Oscar nomination for his role.

Infernal Affairs [2002]

Having watched The Departed I thought I might as well give this film a shot. Loved every minute of it and betters The Departed in every way possible. Brilliant movie. - 9/10 (the sequels any good btw?)

Saw the first one for the first time recently and just like you guys I absolutely loved it as well. Shits all over The Departed.

Enron Smartest Guys in the Room.

Very good documentary. The level of deciet and greed is stunning. Makes you question the nature of large organisations and the relationship they have with the authorities/media and what we really know (or want to know) about them.

Very good indeed.

Saw Il Sorpasso (1962) a week ago and I loved that movie to pieces. It seems like the English title is "The Easy Life". Vittorio Gassman is immense in his role as Bruno Cortona. The funniest film I've seen in a long time. 9/10

Saw another Italian film recently. Uomini Contro (1970) Left wing political movie about the first World War and the insanity of war in general. Didn't particularly enjoy it and almost fell asleep towards the end. Might be important and the theme is nice, but I found it to be a a slow and boring film. 5/10

And speaking of Italian cinema I have to recommend one of the best gangster films I've ever seen. Il Camorrista (1986) by Guiseppe Tornatore. A semi-biographical film about the legendary real world Neapolitan crime boss Raffaele Cutolo. If you can find a subtitled edition of this one I really recommend giving it a watch. I rate it almost as highly as the first two Godfather movies. 8/10

In Bruges

Not bad. Farrell was amusing. I laughed out loud a few times. My expectations were high, so it never stood a chance really. Should stop reading reviews of movies I haven't seen.

7/10

Of all the cheesey chick-flicks, I think Pretty Woman is my favourite. Watched it on Sunday night for the umpteenth time, and for some reason i always find it enjoyable. I think it is just the familiarity of it. Like an album that reminds you a lot of holidays with your parents as a child or something like that.

Of all the cheesey chick-flicks, I think Pretty Woman is my favourite. Watched it on Sunday night for the umpteenth time, and for some reason i always find it enjoyable. I think it is just the familiarity of it. Like an album that reminds you a lot of holidays with your parents as a child or something like that.
One of my favorites is Kissing Jessica Stein.

Hellboy 2: Fun film, a little muddled for the first half but got better as it went along, its good characters and humour make up for lack of an original plot. Worth seeing just to hear Hellboy & Abe singing Barry Manilow.

Oh and "I'm not a baby, I'm a tumour".

I loved Hellboy 2, but yet again im a huge fan of the franchise. It's also alot better then the first film.

Aragami. If you like Ryuhei Kitamura's other movies(Versus, etc), you'll probably enjoy this. If you don't care for his style I can't see this changing your mind. I've always like his style, so I thought it was an interesting movie.

Has anyone seen Chaos Theory? One of the best films I have seen for ages. If not, I highly recommend it. - It's not one that will go down in history, but a really good film and well worth a watch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460745/

The film was great. One of those films you watch and think - I would actually pay to have watched this.

You have to see The Prodigal Son.

If you haven't you're gay.

If you have and thought it wasn't good, then you're gayer than a bloke wearing a pink tutu.

The missus has gone to her parents' place for a couple of days, clearing the way for me to batten down the hatches and watch some decent films after work.

The question I am wrestling with is, should I watch:

1) The Prodigal Son, which I bought since you posted this (in order to rekindle my love for fanny, and dispel my yearning for cock)

2) Requiem for a Dream, which I have seen before but dont remember that well, and think I need to see again

3) Fallen Angels, another film I have got on the backburner which I am yet to watch

4) The Idiots, as above

5) When the Levees Broke, as above

6) One of the other 10 or so films I have which I havent yet watched due to the fact my missus has no interest in watching them

They are probably in the order I will end up watching them. I guess it also depends on my mood tonight.

Pee Wee's Big Adventure

Superb. Action, romance, comedy, a red and white bicycle to die for. It had everything. Will watch again.

9.7/10

I assume you are joking Bilbo.

I went to see that with my mum when I was a kid and we walked out. In our family it came to represent the very essence of shit films. It was used as a threat: "Eat your greens or Ill chain you down and make you watch Pee Wee Herman."

The missus has gone to her parents' place for a couple of days, clearing the way for me to batten down the hatches and watch some decent films after work.

The question I am wrestling with is, should I watch:

1) The Prodigal Son, which I bought since you posted this (in order to rekindle my love for fanny, and dispel my yearning for cock)

2) Requiem for a Dream, which I have seen before but dont remember that well, and think I need to see again

3) Fallen Angels, another film I have got on the backburner which I am yet to watch

4) The Idiots, as above

5) When the Levees Broke, as above

6) One of the other 10 or so films I have which I havent yet watched due to the fact my missus has no interest in watching them

They are probably in the order I will end up watching them. I guess it also depends on my mood tonight.

I've seen the first three. Fallen Angels is WKW's second best film IMVHO (In the Mood for Love being his best). The Prodigal Son's hilarious, so it depends on what mood you're in. Personally, I wouldn't bother with Requiem, I must've stated a billion times on here that it's addiction for thickos. . .it's sillier than The Crash. You've seen Kitano's films haven;t you? If not Dolls, Hana-bi and Sonatine are all class. I'd also check out Rainy Dog if you're a fan of Miike's work. Unlike his later stuff, it's straight forward. If you like WKW's stuff then Last Last in the Universe could appea to you. I really enjoyed it.

Oh. . .you're into Korean cinema are you not?

Yeah, me neither. It really blew me away and made me sit down and think.

To be honest, I knew most of the stuff he was on about, but then again I'm amazing. There were a couple of historical inaccuracies, but on the whole it was pretty much spot on.

To be honest, I knew most of the stuff he was on about, but then again I'm amazing. There were a couple of historical inaccuracies, but on the whole it was pretty much spot on.

It's quite amazing how they created such a good atmosphere considering the films budget and the fact that it only takes place in one room.

The Ex - Alleged comedy. It isn't. Rubbish. 1.5/10
Yep. I struggled to get through that one.

Things I've seen lately;

The Terminal; surprisingly better than I expected 6.5/10

Volver; good but not as great as you are led to believe 7/10

Sharkwater; good but too short, ending is rushed onto you 7/10

American Gangster; solidly good, never any better. 7/10

Disturbia; really enjoyable, a few cringeworthy moments but overall pretty damn good. 7/10

Films I Bought today; Mean Streets and Ronin