The Overlap | Arsenal Must Win & Relegation Talk Begins… | Stick to Football EP 54

Unexpected to see him as I thought him and Keane still dislikes each other. Disappointed not to see Ian Wright though, thought they buried their issues - I know he could have just been busy but just curious

Did they discuss him and Wright?

"So Pete, why did you call Wrighty a "fecking black Bastard"?" (that's what Wright wrote in his autobiography).

They were never going to bring that up. Wright has since said they've made up though so I doubt him missing the show is due to that.

Wish someone would ask Nicky Butt's account of the fight between Schmeichal and Keane. Keane's wink at Jill when she asks him "who won" :lol: .

Worst of the worst.

I downvote every one of his videos and report every one of his tweets, even if they're about his grandma. He has the aura of one of those child killers from the nineties.
You're doing good work. The guy is absolutely insufferable.

Enjoyed Roy's rant about United in this one. Think he's spot on. Do hope they start asking Ten Hag tougher questions during the on pitch interviews if they get a chance to.

The Overlap feels like revenge for the first 20 years of the Prem on TV being almost exclusively ex Liverpool player pundits

Loved Keanes rant and imo he was 100% right in pretty much everything he said. Also wish the players showed as much passion while playing as he did during that rant... I just know he actually wanted to call some of the players pathetic, he just held back.

Good episode that. When Rooney is on, it’s almost automatically a good watch.

I wish there was a Chelsea version of this with Lampard, Drogba, Cech and Hazard. You United fans don’t know how good you have it :lol:

I wish there was a Chelsea version of this with Lampard, Drogba, Cech and Hazard. You United fans don’t know how good you have it :lol:

There is. Mikel does one. I think it's called ObiOne?

There is. Mikel does one. I think it's called ObiOne?

I know, I check it every now and again, but I’m not a fan of it. If he branches out and gets a couple of ex Chelsea players on there, and gives it more of a round table discussion vibe, that would be interesting.

Lampard is incredibly dull anytime I've heard him speak, and I don't think I've ever heard Hazard utter an interesting sentence. Are Drogba and Cech good in their media appearances?

Oh boy hope they talk about Utd.
:lol: I did like Wright and his comment where he's now at the point where he wished you lot were good again so the same convo didn't come about every single fecking week by every media outlet.

I think the Les Ferdinand episode was the last one I genuinely enjoyed.
Since then the episodes have been mildly amusing to utterly forgettable.
Yeah, I agree. There's just too much of these lot on everywhere and getting a bit annoying. It seems like they are playing up to the camera now and it's not as natural as it use to be.

Listening to this one has just reminded me how insane it is that Ten Hag is still the manager.

It's funny because so much of what they are complaining about I feel like should be stemming from the manager to instill it into the squad, even saying like "what are they going to do, spend another 200m on players, nothing will change now or in a few months".. I think they all know the only thing that will change anything will be managerial change, but they understandably don't want to turn it into a big bash session on Ten Hag

Listening to this one has just reminded me how insane it is that Ten Hag is still the manager
Slažem se....

And it just annoys me even more when even Neville can see the flaws in our game and yet someone like ETH, who's supposed to be a tactical genius, can't or won't change.

Listening to this one has just reminded me how insane it is that Ten Hag is still the manager
Honestly I don't need them to tell me that. :lol:
Slažem se....

And it just annoys me even more when even Neville can see the flaws in our game and yet someone like ETH, who's supposed to be a tactical genius, can't or won't change.
Neville still won't call into question his job though.

Lampard is incredibly dull anytime I've heard him speak, and I don't think I've ever heard Hazard utter an interesting sentence. Are Drogba and Cech good in their media appearances?

Hazard is hilarious. Rooney vibes, in a French accent. Drogba has kinda got Wrighty’s charisma, not exactly the same but similar. Not sure about Cech, he seems to be a matter of fact type of guy but that might just be platforms he’s been on, don’t think I’ve seen him in a more relaxed, laid back setting like the overlap.

Last edited:

Isn't that because he pretty much talked himself into a corner a couple off years ago, saying "I will never call for the sacking of a manager". So probably has to keep it up.

Isn't that because he pretty much talked himself into a corner a couple off years ago, saying "I will never call for the sacking of a manager". So probably has to keep it up.
I wished he said this more often...

It's fair. He's a media person and his opinions away a lot of fans. It's not his role to create a mob mentality to bully someone out of a job. It is still somebody's job and media pressure can create some real mental issues.

Neville can criticize the performance of a whole, but nobody in roles like that should be saying "the manager has to go".

We're at the point that when I watch our matches I'm utterly apathetic to the results so it feels like nothing even happens, and it's just waiting for the change regardless of any match result we have.

Hazard is hilarious. Rooney vibes, in a French accent. Drogba has kinda got Wrighty’s charisma, not exactly the same but similar. Not sure about Cech, he seems to be a matter of fact type of guy but that might just be platforms he’s been on, don’t think I’ve seen him in a more relaxed, laid back setting like the overlap.
That's strange! All the interviews I've seen with him in French were super dull. Not quite as dull as Lampard, but not great.

Drogba sounds like he'd be good in this type of format though, from what you say.

Love Roy's rant.

I think he's right, when you strip it all back, it comes down to pride.

Jonny Evans is the only one who shows it means something to him to perform to his best every game he plays.

Jill is actually pointless and adds next to nothing to the conversations

Can see how much it kills Keane to see us in the shape we are in.

I'd kill for us to have one player with his winning mentality.

Maybe Wrighty’s on to something. The club should hire Roy Keane as a first team coach whose main job is instil discipline and dictate dressing room standards.

Maybe Wrighty’s on to something. The club should hire Roy Keane as a first team coach whose main job is instil discipline and dictate dressing room standards.
Most of the players will probably end up crying and even going to the media to complain about how "uncle Keany is a meany". With their weak ass mentality.

Every single thing I see or hear from players from the golden era just crushes me so much. Was watching Phil Jones on Rio's show and the standards were just so so high. We finished second to city after the Aguero moment & everyone was sick to death with the manager reminding them to not forget the moment. Now we finish 8th & our manager twerks over the fecking cups he won

Jill is actually pointless and adds next to nothing to the conversations
I generally think she’s ok but quite often says weird things

In this one, I’ve no idea what she was trying to say with “you don’t build the attic first when you build a house” or however she said it, when referring to getting a sporting director etc in first

If anything that would be building the basement first. Surely anyone can see that you need the right people in place before you reshape the squad? I wish someone had called her out on that nonsense

I generally think she’s ok but quite often says weird things

In this one, I’ve no idea what she was trying to say with “you don’t build the attic first when you build a house” or however she said it, when referring to getting a sporting director etc in first

If anything that would be building the basement first. Surely anyone can see that you need the right people in place before you reshape the squad? I wish someone had called her out on that nonsense

Yeah that was quite silly. But the bit that really bothered me was when they were talking a bit about City pulling a fast one and she literally says she finds it boring etc

That's exactly what City are banking on. Make it confusing and boring so people don't care. That's why them doing the PR win of coming out first and saying they won when they didn't is important. They just want people like her (she is in the majority though) not understanding it and just shrugging their shoulders

I get it's not a fun topic but don't be dismissive of it. Keane, Rooney and Wright clearly hadn't understood it fully but aren't stupid enough to think it's not important, or at least say it publicly