The Lionesses: Qualified for Euro '25 | Vs South Africa (Tues @ 7:45pm)

Just about the first decent chance for England - Beth Mead cross but Russo puts it over the bar.

Georgia Stanway scores. Good work from Russo and Hemp in the build-up. England lead 1-0

England doing most of the attacking now and looking dangerous as they do it. Could do with making it count while they're on top.

As threatened, perfect cross finds Russo, glancing header and it's in. 2-0

Great goal from Stanway, feels a bit like the FA Cup final to go in 2-0 at halftime unexpectedly

Credit to Sarina as she stuck to her plan and got the players to deliver

England have been living dangerously at the back for most of the second half and it's almost inevitable when Leah Williamson gives away a penalty. Penalty perfectly taken. England still lead but it's 2-1 now and England need to get their act together sharpish.

Some last ditch defending saving England at the moment.

Ninetieth minute and Kirby comes on as sub for Toone. No defensive reinforcements. No attempt to strengthen midfield. About 5 minutes of added time to play.

England hang on by their fingernails and it's a 2-1 win.

Table looks a lot better now. Still need a good result against Sweden though.

Yes hanging on but it's a big win regardless

Only a month or so to the final group games vs Ireland & Sweden - no chance of a summer rest then!

The qualification system they’re using for this tournament still makes very little sense to me. Having three of the best teams in the world in one group is dumb.

I hope they’re not going to start using this system for men’s qualification too. But they probably will, seeing as it seems designed to force teams to care about the Nations League and therefore put more money in Uefa’s coffers. Meaning more injuries in pointless mid-season internationals, yay.

The qualification system they’re using for this tournament still makes very little sense to me. Having three of the best teams in the world in one group is dumb.

I hope they’re not going to start using this system for men’s qualification too. But they probably will, seeing as it seems designed to force teams to care about the Nations League and therefore put more money in Uefa’s coffers. Meaning more injuries in pointless mid-season internationals, yay.

Our Group of Death seems crazy at first but the reality is that all 3 teams (and maybe even 4) could qualify for the Euros

I actually quite like the fact that every game is a big one - gets rid of the pointless mismatches against minnows

All the focus on the Men at the moment but the ladies are also in action tonight at Euros qualifiers reach the crunch stage

Maya le Tissier starts for England. Ella Toone and Millie Turner are on the bench.

Aoife Mannion starts for Ireland.

Russo opens the scoring for England 1-0
Ireland too easy to play through there but a nice move and a well taken goal.

Just a reminder on qualification.

France lead the group on 9 points after four games.
England and Sweden are on 7 points.
Ireland are on 0 points.

Top two qualify for the Euros (next year in Switzerland)
But because the groups are based on the Nations League groups - the bottom two from this top tier group go to a playoff series as well. They get joined there by teams who came top in their lower tier groups. Clear as mud? Of course. Seedings favour top tier third places etc...

Main thing tonight is England need to win and get a result next week against Sweden to qualify automatically. A win tonight for France and France will qualify automatically - otherwise they need to beat Ireland next week.

Clumsy defending - Fahey held onto the ball for so long that it got taken off her by Hemp. Then tried to drag back Lauren Hemp to make amends. Penalty and England go 2-0 up.

Only watched the second half but MLT looked good. Seemed to have that right side locked down pretty tight. Hopefully Wiegman noticed and she’ll get more chances in future. She needs to stick with Greenwood on the other side too.

France win 2-1 and qualify automatically. England will qualify automatically if they win or draw against Sweden next week.

Meanwhile Scotland, Wales and NI all won tonight and should all be going into the qualification playoffs. Draw for the qualifiers will follow next week's games when the seeding tables can be drawn up.

2-1 actually pretty disappointing given the amount of chances

need to be much more clinical to finish the job in Sweden on Tuesday

Good to see Tooney back, but I still don’t understand why Alex Greenwood isn’t the first name on the team sheet for every match. It seems like such a no brainer to me. It’s a shame that MLT was dropped too, although not unexpected.

Thought this was a 8pm kick off

Not going to be able to watch it as will be coaching the next generation instead !