Television The Last Kingdom on BBC

Pagh Wraith

As I keep saying, get an ororo.tv subscription. Better and cheaper than Netflix.

Last edited:

Hoof the ball

I heard that some insidious individuals are using Cyberflix or Kodi combined with a scraper subscription like Real Debrid to source torrents as streamable. Hopefully these hoodlums will be caught soon.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
So finally binged this, and in good time just before season 4 this month

This is an excellent story. The betrayals and such are great to follow

I think overall the story here is better than Vikings. But for Vikings I think they had better characters to get behind (but not always)

Eg Vikings I liked Rollo but didn't want France to win. Or one side would have characters I liked whilst the other side would also have it. But for TLK it seemed I only ever liked wherever Uthred was. TLK had more villains it seemed and ones you couldn't sympathise with.

It's only three seasons compared to more from Vikings so far. Hopefully the story in s4 maintains
The number of episodes is a great number to deliver arcs

Father beocca probably involved in my favourite scene so far...
Season 4?? damn.. one of my favourite shows this.

Posh Red

So finally binged this, and in good time just before season 4 this month

This is an excellent story. The betrayals and such are great to follow

I think overall the story here is better than Vikings. But for Vikings I think they had better characters to get behind (but not always)

Eg Vikings I liked Rollo but didn't want France to win. Or one side would have characters I liked whilst the other side would also have it. But for TLK it seemed I only ever liked wherever Uthred was. TLK had more villains it seemed and ones you couldn't sympathise with.

It's only three seasons compared to more from Vikings so far. Hopefully the story in s4 maintains
The number of episodes is a great number to deliver arcs

Father beocca probably involved in my favourite scene so far...
Was that the scene where he beats up the bigot by any chance?

Sylar

awesome
Gonna binge this and fauda today and tomorrow

Sylar

3 episodes in, some big things already happened. Enjoying this season so far.

Stactix

Watched 4 episodes of the new season, so far so good. Have to say it seems extremely different to the books or atleast what I remember of them. May need to reread them it seems.

RedFish

"Cannot invite a serpent to your courtyard and not expect it to sliver on the ground"

Father Beocca - legend.

Last edited:

Sylar

"Cannot invite a serpent to your courtyard and not expect it to sliver on the ground"

Father Beoca - legend.
Fantastic line, especially the way he puts Aelswith in her place.

Watched 8 eps so far - 2 left which ill watch today. Its been great so far.

RedFish

Fantastic line, especially the way he puts Aelswith in her place.

Watched 8 eps so far - 2 left which ill watch today. Its been great so far.
I hated Aelswith up until this season, but she's been a real surprise Some self-reflection and now seems much more tolerable. I think I actually like her lool.

2 more episodes to go now .

Sylar

Finished this. Really enjoyed it and there needs to be a season 5 dammit sooner rather than later.

I like a few of the new character theyve introduced
sigtryggr is different from most of the other danes theyve introduced which is good.
I think theyve done a good job in casting Uthreds son and daughter at an older age, esp the daughter.
The scheming brother / sister seemed like it would be meh, but once Athelred went, their stuff kicked up a notch.

Some of the supporting cast are great, Finan and father pyrlig especially. (Finan was hilarious during the sickness eps)
Although it had to happen, was sad to see beoca go.

Season 5 guess
Going to guess they do a jump in time, where the bastard child with Uthred has grown a bit. Theres a rise in tension between the 3 kingdoms and the danes kingdoms.
Only thing im wondering about is Brida. Shes seems to have gone into total villain mode since being rescued.

djembatheking

Finished this. Really enjoyed it and there needs to be a season 5 dammit sooner rather than later.

I like a few of the new character theyve introduced
sigtryggr is different from most of the other danes theyve introduced which is good.
I think theyve done a good job in casting Uthreds son and daughter at an older age, esp the daughter.
The scheming brother / sister seemed like it would be meh, but once Athelred went, their stuff kicked up a notch.

Some of the supporting cast are great, Finan and father pyrlig especially. (Finan was hilarious during the sickness eps)
Although it had to happen, was sad to see beoca go.

Season 5 guess
Going to guess they do a jump in time, where the bastard child with Uthred has grown a bit. Theres a rise in tension between the 3 kingdoms and the danes kingdoms.
Only thing im wondering about is Brida. Shes seems to have gone into total villain mode since being rescued.
This is up to book 8 and he has written 13 books so far.
Edit . Just checked , it's 12 so far , apparently book 13 is due in Oct 2020 and will be the end.

Last edited:

Sylar

This is up to book 8 and he has written 13 books so far.
Oh wow, so far? So without giving spoilers is there an aim for the books (eg planned number etc)
Could shows overtake books?

I've really liked this, the thought put into it and the political game being played along with the action

Stactix

Oh wow, so far? So without giving spoilers is there an aim for the books (eg planned number etc)

I've really liked this, the thought put into it and the political game being played along with the action
I've only read up to book 11, though I think book 13 may be the last one I'm sure I read that somewhere.

evil_geko

I've only read up to book 11, though I think book 13 may be the last one I'm sure I read that somewhere.
I saw someone said though that they followed books closely only in first two seasons, but in 3rd and 4th they went their own way. So I don't think connecting the books matters at this point.

djembatheking

There is a plan to finish and I don't want to spoil . They are varying slightly from the books which I think is always going to be the case but as the story is based loosely on historical facts it has stayed true to Bernard Cornwell . Book 12 was awesome so the future is good. Destiny is all.

Last edited:

Coxy

Watching this now....up to episode 3

Gutted to see Father Beocca die - and also hard to see Uthred lose - not used to it.... was actually hard viewing.

evil_geko

Yeah loved the Season 4, The Last Kingdom as a whole is imo better than Vikings, Vikings best season is better than TLK best season for example, but Vikings fell apart in later seasons and has many "filler" episodes that bored me, while TLK I never found myself bored throughout the seasons, probably also because of TLK 10 episode format which doesn't allow filler compared to Vikings later 20 episode format.

So I find TLK as a whole package better.

Bring on Season 5!

Sylar

Yeah loved the Season 4, The Last Kingdom as a whole is imo better than Vikings, Vikings best season is better than TLK best season for example, but Vikings fell apart in later seasons and has many "filler" episodes that bored me, while TLK I never found myself bored throughout the seasons, probably also because of TLK 10 episode format which doesn't allow filler compared to Vikings later 20 episode format.

So I find TLK as a whole package better.

Bring on Season 5!
Agree with this completely. Its nice and 'tight' in that we arent seeing added stuff for the sake of filling time. They can add time jumps as theyve done in certain places (eg the 30 day skip in one of the eps) and not be an issue.

Watching this now....up to episode 3

Gutted to see Father Beocca die - and also hard to see Uthred lose - not used to it.... was actually hard viewing.
Thats a good point. I think him winning there would have probably ending things for him. But its a loss which has consequences. They werent all just driven back. They lost somebody (im sure Uthred said he would make sure nothing happens to Beocca as well.)
It was well done, and the added insult of not being able to take the body either.

djdhrubs

My favourite line was in the last episode when Haesten says to Eadith 'women have been known to fall for my charms, given a year or two' or something like that.

Zlatattack

I used to prefer vikings to this, but i loved season 4 of this a lot more. it's a great show.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Quite enjoyed it, thought
Edward being so stupid at the end was really out of character though.

Good season overall but not as good as Season 3. Quality show, its the show that GoT and Vikings should have been. Consistently good, great to see it start to take off this season too.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I've just watched the first episode and I'm in now. It's got a lovely squalidness to it. The battle was horrible. So far so good.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
How does this compare to Vikings? Definitely seems more British 20 mins in to the first epiosde. Funny how that's a thing. Probably more realistic because of it. Seems like the sound and aesthetics are less cinematic. Dunno if I'm ready for more religious heavy stuff. Vikings was amazing but being so religion heavy did start to grate a bit, even though it's obviously very important to the story.

Andersons Dietician

How does this compare to Vikings? Definitely seems more British 20 mins in to the first epiosde. Funny how that's a thing. Probably more realistic because of it. Seems like the sound and aesthetics are less cinematic. Dunno if I'm ready for more religious heavy stuff. Vikings was amazing but being so religion heavy did start to grate a bit, even though it's obviously very important to the story.
I had attempted to watch this a few times and had really struggled to get in to it. However just recently I started struggled through the first few episodes and have binged the whole thing and it’s possible that it might be better than Vikings.
The time period itself would all be heavy religion because it’s basically what all the fights are about. Still plenty of religious elements but probably less preachy and weird than Vikings.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I had attempted to watch this a few times and had really struggled to get in to it. However just recently I started struggled through the first few episodes and have binged the whole thing and it’s possible that it might be better than Vikings.
The time period itself would all be heavy religion because it’s basically what all the fights are about. Still plenty of religious elements but probably less preachy and weird than Vikings.
Cheers. I'll crack on with it. It is mad if they all talked about religion as much as they do in these shows. Literally all they ever think about. No wonder it's still going strong now.

evil_geko

As a whole, I like this better than Vikings tbh, best what Vikings has to offer is better, but this was much more consistent as a whole for me.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Cheers. I'll crack on with it. It is mad if they all talked about religion as much as they do in these shows. Literally all they ever think about. No wonder it's still going strong now.
Religion is ever present, but has more to do with politics than the religion. This show is different, and I’d argue much better than Vikings.

The downsides are you have to get through season 1 which is the weakest to get any payoff, and if you’re American you have to turn on subtitles to sort out the names because everyone is called some version of Alfred or something.