The general attitude of our players

Status
Not open for further replies.
What baffles me is why cannot our team of such highly paid players string 2 decent passes? It really is frustrating to see them give ball away time and again.

Its time to bring in youth and bench some of these players for few games.

What baffles me is why cannot our team of such highly paid players string 2 decent passes? It really is frustrating to see them give ball away time and again.

The bigger question is why are we paying such big wages to players that can barely string 2 or 3 passes together consistently. The club seems to be a master of it's own downfall by giving players wages they don't deserve and end up with one too many of them getting too comfortable and slacking with the knowledge that no other club would pay them such wages for the ability that they have.

The bigger question is why are we paying such big wages to players that can barely string 2 or 3 passes together consistently. The club seems to be a master of it's own downfall by giving players wages they don't deserve and end up with one too many of them getting too comfortable and slacking with the knowledge that no other club would pay them such wages for the ability that they have.

The club has not only awarding mediocrity but also encouraging it. No other club pays so high wages much to its players.

The club has not only awarding mediocrity but also encouraging it. No other club pays so high wages much to its players.

Are contracts not based on things like performance and/or league finish, games played etc?

I'm just wondering that if new signings have things built into their contracts, so Martial had some where if he achieved certain things his last club would receive further payments, then maybe players do too?

If so maybe explains why we had drop offs in performance after hitting certain targets? What I mean is we went on runs to get good position in the league then were dire straight after.

Are contracts not based on things like performance and/or league finish, games played etc?

I'm just wondering that if new signings have things built into their contracts, so Martial had some where if he achieved certain things his last club would receive further payments, then maybe players do too?

If so maybe explains why we had drop offs in performance after hitting certain targets? What I mean is we went on runs to get good position in the league then were dire straight after.
Memphis Depay's United contract got leaked. Assuming the contracts of current players are structured in the same way then the biggest factor is whether United are in the CL that season. Memphis' basic salary was £3.9m if not in CL and £5.2m if in Champions League. After that came a fee per start, from memory £20k, with additional bonuses of £250k if he reached 20 starts, then 40. The team success element was small beyond the CL. There was also a clause if he won Ballon D'or (not sure of spelling).

Last edited:

No, I think the explanation for this is a different one. Since we have not proper game plan and structure to our play, we are always reliant on some Moment of inspiration from our top players. If a couple of them are out of form at the same time it's over for us, we are toast, because the team has nothing else to fall back on.

One of the reasons why Gegenpressing is so effective is because it doesn't require a moment of inspiration from your best players, it just requires you to force your opponent to make an error and if it happens at the right time, chance are you are going to create a good goal scoring opportunity. That's why Klopp is calling Gegenpressing the best playmaker in the world, you can neither man mark it out of the game nor is it reliant on the form of a single "genius" player and can actually be done with fairly average players, they simply need to work really hard and have some tactical understanding where and when to press, but this is something that can be learned.

Cheers sir/ma'am.

Although I'd rather not have to make one like it, regarding either the ones (undetected-narcissists) at the club or on the forum.
I've just read it over again. Sincerely, really good stuff. Do have experience in psychology/social work, or something?

Heh, I know what you mean. As you've said, the club has become synonymous with illogical decision-making that only serves to assuage the egos of the directors. I know lots of people fear Richard Arnold is cut from the exact same cloth as Woodward (and it's a fair point - haven't they been friends since attending Uni of Bristol together? Red flag!), but he already seems to be steering us in a direction that puts footballing people in charge of footballing decisions. Hopefully, it doesn't end up being a case of going overkill to the point of having too many cooks spoiling the broth, but it's such a welcome reprieve from Woodward's one-man-band tenure I hardly care at this point.

God knows. The other leak is that the players don't like the new seating pods in the canteen as they can't get all their clique around the one table.

The cliques have been an obvious issue for years.

When Lukaku/Sanchez joined Inter there were noises coming out about how they were alienated by the cliques at United and seen Inter were a functioning group by comparison. It was pretty clear that Lukaku fell out hard with Pogba in that time and we all know the issues Mourinho had with some of them. I do think the business model of giving new contracts to undeserving/underperforming players has really cultivated a toxic atmosphere in the club - The standards have dropped and they've taken advantage. The foreign players make easy targets but you go back to Lingard and Rashford and their '0.012%' tweet, to Maguire's ear cupping vs Andorra. These guys seem oblivious to why they've been criticised so heavily.

It's addition by subtraction with a lot of this squad. No one should be safe and the rest of this season should be about rooting out the rats - Some of them just clearly aren't up to the culture change that is required. Seems the decision is already made on Martial and Pogba, thank christ.

Some of Rangnick’s comments have been telling.

He’s mentioned a few want out and he won’t convince them to stay, then convinced VDB and Cavani to stay until at least the end of the season, which suggests to me there’s a core group of players that are potentially toxic and he wants them out so players like VDB can be successful.

It would explain a lot of the disharmony on the pitch.

McTominay’s performance today emblematic of many of our players since Fergie in that as soon as they have a good game they believe their own hype and turn to shite in the next game.

McTominay’s performance today emblematic of many of our players since Fergie in that as soon as they have a good game they believe their own hype and turn to shite in the next game.
He looked because Burnley inexplicably gave him space and time. He’s absolutely ineffective against any side that remotely presses.

And then you have his lack of ability on defence. He’s lucky football is an 11 man game in that regard as he gets away with it more often than not. Never manages to lay a glove unless it’s a foul.

Said it when Ole was about to be sacked. These players have nowhere to hide. If this keeps up I genuinely hope we see an exodus.

How did our players pick up the habit of ball watching when there's a loose ball? Do they expect the ball to magically bounce to their feet or the opposition players to collect and pass it nicely to them?

Yet again this team can get fecked the bunch of talentless cnuts.

Team needs dismantling and starting from scratch.

Our players are hopeless and (almost) all of them can feck off. They'll get the next permanent manager sacked within his first season whilst they continue picking up their obscene wages without consequence.

Some of Rangnick’s comments have been telling.

He’s mentioned a few want out and he won’t convince them to stay, then convinced VDB and Cavani to stay until at least the end of the season, which suggests to me there’s a core group of players that are potentially toxic and he wants them out so players like VDB can be successful.

It would explain a lot of the disharmony on the pitch.

This.
Toxic Overpaid pampered culture at United.
Watching a few of them off the ball and its disgusting, cantering around with no fecks given.

AWB and Mctominay two of the worst tonight surprising too after Mctominay played OK against Burnley.

Bar the odd one or two, I absolutely despise this group of players

Of course though, they will all issue their pathetic fake apologies as usual. Course it won't stop them picking up their massive wages, no questions asked

Do we have any performance related criteria in any contracts? If not, can we start adding them in as a matter of urgency for any new signings

There's a serious problem with a lot of them, but especially Rashford, his head down, running into blind alleys, trying to run through players is REALLY irritating me. It's like when I play Fifa, which I'm not very good at, and I try and run my way to goal. I admire his charity work, but he needs to delegate and focus on his football. Surely he could put his mum in charge, he must trust her to run it properly.

These late training sessions have really upset them, eh? Must be a record time for tools downing for this lot.

The cliques have been an obvious issue for years.

When Lukaku/Sanchez joined Inter there were noises coming out about how they were alienated by the cliques at United and seen Inter were a functioning group by comparison. It was pretty clear that Lukaku fell out hard with Pogba in that time and we all know the issues Mourinho had with some of them. I do think the business model of giving new contracts to undeserving/underperforming players has really cultivated a toxic atmosphere in the club - The standards have dropped and they've taken advantage. The foreign players make easy targets but you go back to Lingard and Rashford and their '0.012%' tweet, to Maguire's ear cupping vs Andorra. These guys seem oblivious to why they've been criticised so heavily.

It's addition by subtraction with a lot of this squad. No one should be safe and the rest of this season should be about rooting out the rats - Some of them just clearly aren't up to the culture change that is required. Seems the decision is already made on Martial and Pogba, thank christ.
We give contracts out to protect our assets.

No, it's average players having a good game (an outlier) and returning to form. It's normal the world over.

These players have been overpaid and over hyped. Ole set low standards for work rate and achievement and established a poor culture lacking in accountability. The players aren’t responding to being asked to do more which is a really bad sign, lots already look like one foot is outside the door. Going to be a long season and a long rebuild beyond that.

We give contracts out to protect our assets.

Which has been absolutely nonsensical because we're not getting anything for them as assets, not on the pitch and not in terms of transfer fees. If anything we've made players more difficult to move on because clubs aren't going to take on their inflated wages and players aren't taking pay cuts. We're inevitably going to end up paying Martial to play for someone else when he goes on loan.

Players are pathetic. Absolute rubbish. Have been for years. The management has allowed this awful attitude to rip through the team and now look at us. We are barely top half quality. Can’t even look good against Norwich. Half a season and I can say we have played well in about 3 games. That’s being generous.

Said it when Ole was about to be sacked. These players have nowhere to hide. If this keeps up I genuinely hope we see an exodus.

And on the day there is such exodus, I say good riddance. The last thing this football club needs is too keep this many overpampered sacks of shite on board. Perhaps when all of those players will grow into old age, they may start asking themselves how and why they fecked up the opportunity of a lifetime. But as things stand now, they are not worth keeping for any longer.

Which has been absolutely nonsensical because we're not getting anything for them as assets, not on the pitch and not in terms of transfer fees. If anything we've made players more difficult to move on because clubs aren't going to take on their inflated wages and players aren't taking pay cuts. We're inevitably going to end up paying Martial to play for someone else when he goes on loan.
Good point

This squad needs a near complete and total replacement over the next 4 transfer windows. More than half of these people would be hard-pressed (heh... see what I did there) to land a job in another top half team. Instead, they are "playing" for Manchester United. Completely unacceptable. Any manager that finds himself coaching these lot will age prematurely. Rangnick and Murtough better get it together sooner rather than later and start moving some of them ASAP.

The exodus needs to happen now not In the summer.

Lingard, Martial, Pogba, Fred, Maguire can all get fecked for a start.

This squad needs a near complete and total replacement over the next 4 transfer windows. More than half of these people would be hard-pressed (heh... see what I did there) to land a job in another top half team. Instead, they are "playing" for Manchester United. Completely unacceptable. Any manager that finds himself coaching these lot will age prematurely. Rangnick and Murtough better get it together sooner rather than later and start moving some of them ASAP.
The fact that Murtough has so much respect for Rangnick will not make the board such a pushover for the players this time round. I think they will let Ralf get on with it and some big name players will either have to seriously buck their ideas up or will be shown the door. They have got away with slacking off too much, trying to dictate to the managers how they should do their job.

There pretty much what most have said on here , and there cannot be a counter argument against most. 3 players were on it against Wolves. Varane , P jones , DDG.

There are only a handful of players in our team that have questionable attitude, martial who gives up really easy, ronaldo who's body language and gestures suggest he is only out for his own glory, rashford who has changed on the field since he became a good samaritan which has made him a big favourite with advertisers. Then there is pogba who comes comes as wanting to be away from the club for some time now, bruno'ish but only since ronaldo showed as I think he thrived on being our main man and possibly lingard but his time at west ham showed no signs of such a thing.

I wouldn't put Maguire, matic or bissaka into this category as bissaka and Maguire are just bang average defenders and matic is just not as good as he once was with age catching up with him

With McTominay and Wan Bissaka the problem isn't attitude, it's just lack of talent. Those two should not be starting for Manchester United. Rashford and Shaw are giving me the most concern in terms of their attitude right now, neither of them look like they want to be here anymore.

There are only a handful of players in our team that have questionable attitude, martial who gives up really easy, ronaldo who's body language and gestures suggest he is only out for his own glory, rashford who has changed on the field since he became a good samaritan which has made him a big favourite with advertisers. Then there is pogba who comes comes as wanting to be away from the club for some time now, bruno'ish but only since ronaldo showed as I think he thrived on being our main man and possibly lingard but his time at west ham showed no signs of such a thing.

I wouldn't put Maguire, matic or bissaka into this category as bissaka and Maguire are just bang average defenders and matic is just not as good as he once was with age catching up with him

Well if they are bang average then should be sold to fund moves for better players

Not much training being done because of constant delays, terrible on pitch performance but it's okay just give them a couple of days off rather than work on anything

Any body language experts on here?

1-B189777-9-B42-4-C60-AACA-8-DE269-F727-BB.jpg

Not much training being done because of constant delays, terrible on pitch performance but it's okay just give them a couple of days off rather than work on anything

One rest/recovery day is normal, but we don't help ourselves, do we?

I'm sure these players are quaking in their boots at the thought of a few free weekends with no pressure to perform...

Status
Not open for further replies.