The Fourth RedCafe Sheep Draft

I suppose the player lists are useless in this case. My brain is fried :lol:

Player lists would be useless in some cases, not in others ofc.

If 2 or more pick the same CLUB then it'll just work like it has with the other rounds so far.

I suppose the player lists are useless in this case. My brain is fried :lol:
yeah. IMO only club + bid for club is enough. If you get your club then send your top picks as either way you are locked to that club until you get your target(be the 1st or the 10th one). If you don't get the club you fail and try again in P2. And so forth. If someone gets his club in P2 and pick 1 from that club is already taken - move on to pick 2,3,10 and so forth, only if in pick two you get managers going for the same player(no money involved) he gets blocked.

So only a club would be sufficient and when P1 are unveiled we can PM you our picks. If me and downcast for example bid for the same club and with the same money then it's blocked just like players :)

Interesting round once again.

yeah. IMO only club + bid for club is enough. If you get your club then send your top picks as either way you are locked to that club until you get your target(be the 1st or the 10th one). If you don't get the club you fail and try again in P2. And so forth.

So only a club would be sufficient and when P1 are unveiled we can PM you our picks. If me and downcast for example bid for the same club and with the same money then it's blocked just like players :)
The lists are just for my convenience really, so they're a good thing. The other stuff i just posted about.

My heads fried .. so what is the criteria and the rules now?

My heads fried .. so what is the criteria and the rules now?

Just ignore all the comments in the thread and read the criteria post, it cant be more simple then it is. Pretty much the same criteria as round one, we just pick the club not country and the only difference is now you have 3 rounds for the player as well in which you can also bid for the player in round one.

Deleted as this is more confusing. Will let the mods decide.
I have copied it. I like it but let's just do it the way i said because plenty people have already submitted their picks/bids.

You can bid on club and 1st player pick.

Same mechanics as R1 but highest bid for CLUB gets to pick from said club. The others will move onto P2 and pick a new club.

If someone picks a player that has played for a different club then highest bid wins should you both have him as 1st preferred pick. If there are no bids for these players i will give you nr 2 or nr 3 on you preference list. If after that you still don't have a player you get to pick a new club in the next pick.

Last edited:
Have to say @The Stain @antohan hats off to you, normally the engagement drops towards the latter stages of the drafting process but it's been a blast, can't imagine there being too many more that had as much hilarity.

Sheep draft should be mandatory.

Have to say @The Stain @antohan hats off to you, normally the engagement drops towards the latter stages of the drafting process but it's been a blast, can't imagine there being too many more that had as much hilarity.

Thank you, it's hard work this shit.

I probably need some sort of sheep allocation here to help identify the right club ahead of the deadline tomorrow morning.
You are absolutely right.

Let's do the opposite, PM which roles to fill. Same for @crappycraperson and others awaiting multiple sheep.

It's only fair given I've had you blind as bats.

So the player lists aren't useless after all!

Only becomes useless if said player is a one-club-man.

I'm just a passenger here really, only around to keep @The Stain sane.

I will disappear until Saturday now so don't be too mean.

So the player lists aren't useless after all!

Only becomes useless if said player is a one-club-man.

Ah I thought you might have some masterplan with a special event to determine which of the three picks we get

Also agree with DavidG you and Anto have done a superb job this draft.

Ah I thought you might have some masterplan with a special event to determine which of the three picks we get

Also agree with DavidG you and Anto have done a superb job this draft.
Ty, Sir. There won't be any more SE's but i have one more prize in mind.

Re: rules.

1) Get a club, normal rules used so far

2) For the club you secured you submit three players in order. You can include a bid on the first.

3) We run through those successful in P1. If any target the same player, bid settles (or blocked and move to second, then third).

4) Run through successful P2 clubs. Do the same.

5) Run through successful P3 clubs. Do the same.

6) Hand out sheep to the numpties that picked a club and trio that left their arses fully exposed. From their clubs.

7) Hand out sheep to the numpties who didn't get a club. Sheep club = worse sheep.

Re: rules.

1) Get a club, normal rules used so far

2) For the club you secured you submit three players in order. You can include a bid on the first.

3) We run through those successful in P1. If any target the same player, bid settles (or blocked and move to second, then third).

4) Run through successful P2 clubs. Do the same.

5) Run through successful P3 clubs. Do the same.

6) Hand out sheep to the numpties that picked a club and trio that left their arses fully exposed. From their clubs.

7) Hand out sheep to the numpties who didn't get a club. Sheep club = worse sheep.
Exactly.

If yous get sheep this round.. Seriously.. There would have to be some sort of additional punishment.

There would have to be some sort of additional punishment.

All players in your team replaced by sheep from the club you went for last.

You can then transform them into any player you like who share their initials - BUT not if the player in question has an E or an A in either his first name OR his surname.

Also, you have to find Balu. As in, actually find him. In Munich. Pic or it didn’t happen.

You can then transform them into any player you like who share their initials - BUT not if the player in question has an E or an A in either his first name OR his surname.

Also, you have to find Balu. As in, actually find him. In Munich. Pic or it didn’t happen.
:lol:

Team sheet for a match would then be bamboozled, so, the players could find themselves playng in unfamiliar positions. Then Wenger would come into the dressing room at half time and sign some player on the spot.

I seriously thought about making a completely random special event whereby the first one to send a photo of him with The Queen got a superduper card. Fully expected 4-5 of you to start stalking Buckingham Palace.

Then thought it was unfair on those not in England so just turned it into sending pics with famous people.

This was about a year ago. I had completely forgotten about it until I read that.

On a completely unrelated note, the moneybags league makes for interesting reading. There are presently (prior to this round) only five managers capable of entering a max bid.

Teams:

P-Nut
- Yaya Touré, Roberto Carlos, Lahm, Masopust, Iniesta, Luis Suarez, Sergio Ramos, Preud'Homme, Arjen Robben, Redondo, Juninho, Akis Zikos

Moby
- Puskás, Neuer, Salif Diao, Jon Flanagan, Filip Rada, M. Laudrup, Ruggeri, Blokhin, Coluna, Messi, J. S. Verón, Abidal

Enigma
- Xavi, Tigana, Arturo Vidal, Eusébio, Krol, Vasovic, Rensenbrink, Fillol, PASS, Best, Malbernat, Reuter

Raees
- Mark Fish, Crouch, Maier, van Basten, May, Bergkamp, Djalma Santos, Deschamps, PASS, Schwarzenbeck, Jairzinho, Nedved

Chesterlestreet
- Boniek, Facchetti, Lato, Rivera, Haan, Gerets, Rijsbergen, Zito, Altafini, Zoff, Francisco Sá, PASS

Downcast
- Eto'o, Verratti, Scirea, Gary Breen, Clemence, Moore, Robson, J. A. Camacho, PASS, Platini, Olguín, Ribéry

Skizzo/Annah
- Liedholm, Hellström, Kvarme, Kopa, Samaras, Hansen, Vierchowod, Guardiola, Sívori, P. Maldini, Cerezo, Salihamidžić

Joga Bonito
- Matthäus, Bogdan Vătăjelu, Schweinsteiger, Darmian, Neeskens, Carlos Alberto, Rep, Brehme, Rudolph Hiden, Francescoli, Montero, PASS

Bepo
- Stoichkov, Maradona, Sinama Pongolle, Lee Cattermole, Puyol, Davids, Henrik Larsen, Passarella, PASS, Dida, Tevez, Thiago Motta

Gio
- Christian Panucci, Meazza, Cafu, Alberto Moreno, Padovano, Nesta, Batistuta, Dave Mackay, Goram, Dalglish, Jorge Luis Andrade, Aldo Duscher

harms
- Vidić, Fran Rico, Rummenigge, Figo, Blomqvist, Kluivert, Zanetti, P. R. Falcão, Thuram, Rijkaard, Higuita, Arda Turan

EAP
- Louis Moult, Stam, Cheyrou, Sir Bobby Charlton, Gento, Amancio, Kubala, Leo Júnior, PASS, Zubizarreta, Dinho, Celestine Babayaro

DavidG
- Johnstone, Makélélé, Klavan, Jonjo Shelvey, Dani Alves, Buffon, Thiago Silva, Jarni, Juan Alberto Schiaffino, Overmars, Jardel, Sebastián Eguren

Tuppet
- Enrico Albertosi, Monti, Żmuda, Gerd Müller, Biscan, Figueroa, Breitner, Ferrara, Orsi, Del Piero, Sorin, PASS

onenil
- Chumpitaz, Sócrates, Claudio Bravo, Rivaldo, Santamaría, Obdulio Varela, Didi, Zambrotta, PASS, Henry, Rojo, Camoranesi

mazhar
- van Himst, Simonsen, Andy Carroll, Luis Suárez Miramontes, Keizer, van Hanegem, Blankenburg, Ancelotti, Pepe (the cnut), Ó. Córdoba, Lizarazu, PASS

Cal?
- Paul McGregor, Zlatan, Cannavaro, Kaká, Smicer, Neymar, Modrić, Gattuso, Evra, J. F. Cevallos, Cristiano Ronaldo, Dirk Marcellis

Pat_Mustard
- Alberto Spencer, Jonas Olsson, Kempes, Matthews, Tardelli, Desailly, Pagliuca, PASS, Barnes, Burgnich, Pavoni, Scholes

crappy/Viva
- Dong Fangzhou, Romário, Littbarski, Matthew Pennington, Seedorf, Blanc, van der Sar, PASS, Àngel Rangel, José Herrera, Rabah Madjer, Reynald Pedros

RedTiger/Peyroteo
- John Charles, Abreu, Konchesky, Gullit, Cristian Rodríguez, Keane, Casillas, Koeman, Vieira, José Augusto, Pelé, Costacurta

-

Block list: Garrincha, Ronaldo, Beckenbauer, Taffarel, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho, Sammer, Weah, Zidane, Di Stéfano, Rossi, Baresi, Cruyff, Juan Ramón Verón, Zico, Souness, Chivu.

Last edited:
@crappycraperson @VivaJanuzaj I actually gave you a pair of very decent sheep from the IC round, they do need some research and selling, but just watch Herrera in the 3-3 friendly against West Germany prior to the 1990 World Cup and you'll see you have a bloody good rightback in your hands. Madjer is quite possibly the best Algerian player ever.

On a completely unrelated note, the moneybags league makes for interesting reading. There are presently (prior to this round) only five managers capable of entering a max bid.

There's still the Moneybags Nuclear Strike card laying around if The Stain finds a way to get it out there.

Would have been shockingly good for a sheep under normal circumstances - so yeah, they certainly can't complain about that one.

Have to factor in the quality of the pool they sheeped out in really. Herrera was brilliant, shame he played in low/mid-tier Serie A clubs like Francescoli. I blame his agent.

There's still the Moneybags Nuclear Strike card laying around if The Stain finds a way to get it out there.
Bloody spoiler, man. No fecking way i'm giving them (someone) money now.

R11P1
R11P1:

PASS (1/2/3)=PASS+Who you acquired from your list of preference.

P-Nut - PASS (1)
Moby - FAIL
Enigma - FAIL
Raees - FAIL

Chesterlestreet - PASS (1)
Downcast - FAIL
Skizzo/Annah - PASS (1)
Joga Bonito - PASS (1)

Bepo - FAIL
Gio - PASS (1)
harms - FAIL
EAP - PASS (1)
DavidG - PASS (1)

Tuppet - FAIL
onenil - PASS (1)
mazhar - FAIL
Cal? - PASS (1)
Pat_Mustard - FAIL
crappy/Viva - PASS (1)
RedTiger/Peyroteo - FAIL

Clubs blocked: -

-

Block list:

Garrincha, Ronaldo, Beckenbauer, Taffarel, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho, Sammer, Weah, Zidane, Di Stéfano, Rossi, Baresi, Cruyff, Juan Ramón Verón, Zico, Souness, Chivu.

Last edited: