The F1 Thread 2011 Season

Massa, always massa. No point even trying to compare, massa is about as useful as terminal cancer

Put Di Resta in the Red Bull next season. Vettel is flawless but as good as he is there is no challenge whatsoever from his team mate now, Vettel could beat Webber with a detuned engine.

Massa :lol: As if you never did anything wrong Felipe, your slow as feck mate.

ah poor massa so upset with hamilton, ah bless

what a fecking tosser :lol:

is there any shirt eddie jordan would not be able to wear, no matter how bad it seems he is able to pull it off

Does he really pull them off, or are we just used to him looking a prize pillock?

nah i think he manages to make them work. otherwise everyone would laugh in his face, he looks like a dick but can you imagine anyone else wearing that shit?

Some people are really quite thick, moaning that Jenson lost time with the backmarkers but completely overlook the fact that Vettel lost the same amount of time the lap before.

Massa, always massa. No point even trying to compare, massa is about as useful as terminal cancer

How ridiculously insensitive you are. I agree with your answer to the question, but didn't need to go that far. The man was in a critical condition in intensive care two years ago, not very far from death. He has children and a family, have some respect. Christ there are some idiots on here sometimes.

For what it's worth, Massa did very well to fight through for ninth after driving pretty much a whole lap (among the longest on the calendar) with a puncture. The fact Alonso was among the quickest two cars in practice on Friday in the long runs and finishes 55 seconds off the lead with a safety car, surely tells you that the Ferrari has been seriously struggling and found some gremlins since then. Alonso is on average in the race 2/3 places higher than Felipe, so considering with his setback and being stuck in traffic when the cars were out of sync with the safety car, he did very well.

Massa hasn't won a race in 3 years in a Ferrari, in fact he hasn't even been close and the one time he was (Hockenheim) he gave it up like a good lap dog.

This is what I imagine Massa (on the right) to be like at Ferrari. If he even tries to question Alonso (left). The laughing stock that just gets abused and isn't sure what's going on.

trinity-slap-o.gif

How ridiculously insensitive you are. I agree with your answer to the question, but didn't need to go that far. The man was in a critical condition in intensive care two years ago, not very far from death. He has children and a family, have some respect. Christ there are some idiots on here sometimes.

For what it's worth, Massa did very well to fight through for ninth after driving pretty much a whole lap (among the longest on the calendar) with a puncture. The fact Alonso was among the quickest two cars in practice on Friday in the long runs and finishes 55 seconds off the lead with a safety car, surely tells you that the Ferrari has been seriously struggling and found some gremlins since then. Alonso is on average in the race 2/3 places higher than Felipe, so considering with his setback and being stuck in traffic when the cars were out of sync with the safety car, he did very well.

i cant believe i am having to say this but, obviously i wasnt being serious. he has been shit for the past few years now and his seat would be better off being given to someone who can actually be competitive in a team that deserves to be competitive

Martin just made the exact same point I did about Lewis v Massa, the overtaking attempt had finished when he turned into Massa.

Whitmarsh also just basically admitted he's a hypocrite :lol:

i cant believe i am having to say this but, obviously i wasnt being serious. he has been shit for the past few years now and his seat would be better off being given to someone who can actually be competitive in a team that deserves to be competitive

Again I don't deny your underlying point and those which others have raised in this page or thread. Joke or not, for me, what you said was completely unnecessary.

Again I don't deny your underlying point and those which others have raised in this page or thread. Joke or not, for me, what you said was completely unnecessary.

okay then, thats fine

Oooohh Felipe you are intimidating. :lol:

Maybe he isn't but at the moment, Hamilton is the one that's value is increasingly being looked at under the spotlight. He had a good drive yesterday but he's being beaten convincingly by a driver he was suppose to demolish. McLaren is Hamiltons team but how much longer are they going to put up with his petulant attitude and keep him as team leader? Everybody knows Hamilton has the talent, but much like Beckham, he's pissing it away in the pursuit of fame.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Button given the team leader role next season. Hamilton has to get his head back on track.

Maybe he isn't but at the moment, Hamilton is the one that's value is increasingly being looked at under the spotlight. He had a good drive yesterday but he's being beaten convincingly by a driver he was suppose to demolish. McLaren is Hamiltons team but how much longer are they going to put up with his petulant attitude and keep him as team leader? Everybody knows Hamilton has the talent, but much like Beckham, he's pissing it away in the pursuit of fame.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Button given the team leader role next season. Hamilton has to get his head back on track.

I can see you point , but Hamilton is a way better driver than Button.
He nneds to sort his head out and get back to what he does best driving ,Hamilton is one that got me back watching F1 full time.
He is being dazzled by the bright lights and celeb girlfriend and it is affecting him and his driving.

Lewis Hamilton needs more support from his management team, according to the McLaren star's father Anthony.

The 2008 world champion clashed with Ferrari's Felipe Massa during a frustrating weekend in Singapore in the latest of a number of high-profile incidents this season.

Hamilton had been managed by his father since childhood before taking on Simon Fuller's XIX Entertainment this year.

"His management need to do more," Hamilton's father told BBC Sport.

Asked whether Hamilton needed another manager, his father replied: "What I will say is look up the paddock; every driver that's got a driver manager, the manager is here [in Singapore] and in the driver's life."

BBC Sport understands that Hamilton makes race-by-race decisions on whether he needs his management team to attend the grand prix.

There was no member of Hamilton's management team in Singapore but Hamilton is understood to be happy with the relationship he has built with the company, which also looks after footballer David Beckham and tennis player Andy Murray.

Hamilton's father was instrumental in guiding Hamilton into Formula 1 but the two split in March after a rocky period.

The two are now on good terms but Hamilton announced in March that he would join Fuller's stable of clients.

When asked whether the McLaren team needed to offer more support to their de facto number one driver, team principal Martin Whitmarsh told BBC Sport: "Lewis is having plenty of love from the team. I've known him since he was 11 and there's affection between us and many other members of the team.

"Undeniably this has not been a good year for Lewis Hamilton. He'll regroup as there are five more races and he'll try to win them and try to win the championship next year."

Meh....

I wish Ferrari would atleast get a young hungry driver in. Someone like a Paul Di Resta would be perfect. He'd throw a challenge to Alonso but probably not beat him over a season for a year or two atleast. Fernando would still be the no.1 but atleast the seat wouldn't be wasted as it is now with Massa.

Ofcourse the perfect scenario would be a really top driver there but Alonso would never agree.

I don't think there is much they can say or do, he is having a down year again. Dude needs to get the season over, get your head in the right place and hit the ground running in pre-season. I think he worries too much about what he could be doing in a Red Bull, forget it and just drive your own car to its own limits.

Little more on the Hamilton meeting Heikki Kovalainen tweeted the other day "Are all drivers attending a 'special meeting' in Japan about Hamilton's driving? I'm not I have no problem" Never actually thought it would go ahead.

I see Aldo Costa is reuniting himself with Ross Brawn and Schumacher at Mercedes, along with Geoff Willis. Will be interesting to see where Mercedes end up in next years pack.

I'd just seem it on twitter it is a misleading should have been more clear his comments "'Destroy his race as much as we can. Come on, boy!' added Smedley".

I get it's more "keep him behind you", though as a driver he does he really need to be told that. I do think "destroy his race", does implie a little bit more than. I think it's poor choice of words.

Meh, It just seems like motivational speak from Smedly to Massa to keep Hamilton behind him.

Heard many like it before using words that all tend to mean 'ruin his race'. Think the media are picking up on the word 'destroy' and blowing it out of proportion to be honest.

just been posted on the mclaren twitter page that JB has just signed a "multi-year" deal with mclaren

just been posted on the mclaren twitter page that JB has just signed a "multi-year" deal with mclaren

Button secures new multi-year contract at McLaren

Jenson Button will stay on at the McLaren team, having signed a multi-year contract with the British squad, it was confirmed on Wednesday.

The Briton joined McLaren as world champion in 2010, having clinched his first title with the Brawn GP squad back in 2009.

He has so far won four races with McLaren, and had been in talks about extending his deal for a while now, with both the McLaren and the driver having made it clear that he was to stay on.

On Wednesday, McLaren officially confirmed the news, saying Button has signed a new multi-year deal.

The Briton is currently in second place in the standings behind Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel.

"I've never felt more at home at a team than I do at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes," said Button.

"I've won four of the greatest races of my life here, I'm currently lying second in the drivers' world championship, and I feel that I'm driving better than ever.

"You can only achieve that with the right level of support - and I truly believe that the passion and determination to win are stronger here at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes than anywhere else.

"As a grand prix driver, those are incredibly powerful feelings to share and be part of, and they've only reinforced my desire to commit my long-term future to this team.

"I've made no secret of my ambition to continue winning races and world championships, and I fully believe this is the place where I can achieve those aims.

"We at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes know how to win, and we're busy refining an organisation that will enable us to keep on doing that for years to come."

Team boss Martin Whitmarsh added: "Jenson is a great driver and a great guy. In fact, I can safely say that he's one of the most capable and respected drivers we've ever had, and I'm therefore absolutely delighted that he'll continue to work with us into the future.

"He's a considerable credit to this organisation, and I'm proud to be his Team Principal.

"I feel sure that he'll now build on the considerable success he's already achieved with us, and will be even more successful with us in years to come.

"I think he and Lewis say it better than anyone. Their comments show just how much they respect and trust each other, and they once again continue to prove what we as a team have always known: that Vodafone McLaren Mercedes has the very best driver line-up in all of Formula 1."

Button's team-mate Lewis Hamilton also welcomed the news.

"It's great news that Jenson has chosen to stay with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes," he said. "Jenson has been a great person to work with, and a genuine team-player, from the moment we welcomed him on board.

"Vodafone McLaren Mercedes is a team with a unique and successful tradition in Formula 1, which I'm proud to be part of.

"It was the best moment of my career when I won the drivers' world championship with this team. Jenson and I are as hungry and as ambitious as ever to win races and world championships in the future."

to add to what sparky said...