The F1 Thread 2011 Season

Honestly though they could stick a young driver in that second seat for half the price. We all know its Alonso's team anyway, might as well try something new because Massa frankly is quite embarrasing for a team of that calibre and it doesn't reflect well on them.

Honestly though they could stick a young driver in that second seat for half the price. We all know its Alonso's team anyway, might as well try something new because Massa frankly is quite embarrasing for a team of that calibre and it doesn't reflect well on them.

They should bring Kimi back :D

maybe if massa had more focus and determination then he would be half decent, i mean this is just ridiculous

MassaPacMAN.jpg

Webber's starts have been woeful of late so that's i'm hoping he won't buck the trend.

Such a short run to T1 though, Vettel basically has a grid slot's head start on the real challengers and once he gets out of T3 in 1st its game over.

Judging from the times Seb is going to run away with it baring car trouble.

Still, there should be some cracking racing going on behind him and the cars look sexy as feck in the lights anyway so it'll be close to 2 hours of good telly all the same :)

Yep seb will probably storm off into the lead however on tracks like these you always have that fun factor of it being no margin for error, get it wrong here and then game over

That's true, if it rains things could get spicy, especially with those stupid kerbs and the awful turn 10.

Let it rain, might as well have some fun. I think there is an 80%+ chance of a safety given the nature of the track, Kobayashi and the pathetic kerbs.

I reckon theres a pretty good chance we will have a stoppage for damage to the T10 kerbs unless they do something about it overnight.

Hmm, that's not a bad shout, I bloody hope not, they need to do something about that turn, it's terrible

Actually I meant Turn 7, the one where everyone keeps running wide over them and losing bits of their undertray.

Turn 10 is just a terrible corner if you can call it a corner.

They can't though, there is some government building at T10 so they say they can't make it flat out because they want the cars to go slow by that building, it's a stupid reason and makes no sense to me. The building itself is on the opposite side of the barrier but they are determined that the cars have to go slow there

They can't though, there is some government building at T10 so they say they can't make it flat out because they want the cars to go slow by that building, it's a stupid reason and makes no sense to me. The building itself is on the opposite side of the barrier but they are determined that the cars have to go slow there

:lol: really? That's pathetic, put a tyre wall up and whatever is on the other side of it is perfectly safe. Look at Raikkonen's crash into the tyres on the entry to Ascari in FP at Monza in '07, hits the tyres head on at the fastest part of the track and was stopped flat.

Yeah that might be the lamest excuse ever heard for a corner. For starters they could sharpen the radius of the corner quite a bit and they wouldn't go much quicker through the turn.

It's the sort of turn you wouldn't even see on a touring car track and all of a sudden they decide F1 cars approaching at 150mph+ who are looking out of a bath tub can navigate through it. It's lazy planning and a lazy solution.

Wouldn't be surprised if button jumps webber at the start here, vettel will be gone off in his own world by T5. However its hard to predict because of the nature of the track but I'm thinking

1 vettel (cant see him not winning here he is on fire as he has been since the first race)
2 button (since canada he has been in fantastic form, can seem to do no wrong)
3 alonso (always seems to be be strong here but the car is not strong enough for the win)

There's not much of a run to T1, a lot will depend on how they actually get off the line, Webber has had a few 'mare starts so it's possible

Massa, too slow to notice BBC wanted to interview him...

Jenson : "I don't want to keep you"

"it's tough up there Martin in your air conditioned box"

:lol::lol:

He loves his song title puns too, I'm impressed with his Taio Cruz knowledge.