Tennis 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Novak is playing bad and Norrie is playing decent/solid. Unless Novak all of a sudden finds great form, this will be over soon.

Let's see how this continues.
No chance in hell he quickly loses this in 3 sets. I still cannot imagine Norrie winning.

Terrible out call on that serve, you could very clearly see the chalk and ow he loses the point on a second serve.

novak looking his level when he has to play a brit. he only has so many grand slams as he didn’t play in the henman era

Ridiculous how hard of shots Novak can make, and what easy shots he can miss.

Novak still so average but won the set. He is playing that "safe" tennis which I hate. Hopefully he can relax his hand so we get entertaining match. Norrie had some amazing points and some amazing returns. Very solid player. I am not sure why they made Djokovic such a heavy favorite with the betting odds.

This'll unravel very quickly I reckon.

novak falling over in an attempt to pretend to be injured like nadal.

Norrie getting the runaround now. Impressive he took a set off ND to be fair.

Norrie constantly under huge pressure on his service games, not sustainable unless he changes it up a bit

Djokovic has been poor so far himself and playing very conservatively as he’s not feeling it evidently. This has been low quality match overall.

Norrie's problem is that he is just a poor version of Djokovic. No weapons to hurt him unless he plays as poorly as in the 1st set.

However, this hurts to watch as a Nadal fan. Despite him looking poor early on, he'd stepped up into the most solid looking player. Even against Fritz, he was still a monster.
No doubt, he'd have won or pushed Novak close.

This new passive style of Djokovic is going to be his undoing.

However, this hurts to watch as a Nadal fan. Despite him looking poor early on, he'd stepped up into the most solid looking player. Even against Fritz, he was still a monster.
No doubt, he'd have won or pushed Novak close.

This new passive style of Djokovic is going to be his undoing.
I don’t know why his team doesn’t point it out to him if it’s evident to us plebs? He’s totally different animal when he’s going for shots and stuff

I think all the records and stuff is causing him to be very tight. Only at AO I saw him play some beautiful attacking tennis in final rounds. First set today was very bad.
Some respect has to be put on Norrie's name. He played great.

This is still far from over.

I think all the records and stuff is causing him to be very tight. Only at AO I saw him play some beautiful attacking tennis in final rounds. First set today was very bad.
Some respect has to be put on Norrie's name. He played great.

This is still far from over.

:lol: :lol:

You're as bad as the Nadal fans on here, this was over before it started.

Novak letting the guy in the crowd know how he feels about him :D

I think it's a pretty open final. Djokovic well short of his best level throughout the tournament, and Kyrgios has a good record against him and will have had a few days rest. Djokovic clear favourite of course but wouldn't be shocked to see Kyrgios win.

Rejecting COVID vaccine is already not as big of a deal as it was in 2021 for example. 3-5 years from now, sadly only people who lost someone dear will talk about COVID and remember it as a terrible pandemic, others will move on as it never even happened. On another hand, beating a woman stays with ya for a long time.
I can't see how someone can put Djokovic and Kyrgios at the same level of being a douche. Yeah, Djokovic has hit that woman at USO and got disqualified. He hit the ball backwards with no intent to hit anyone and as luck would have it, lines judge was there.

Kyrg on another hand is verbally abusing judges/umpires in a way that even legendary McEnroe didn't do.

Maybe Kyrgios is the right champion for this year's Wimbledon. If Novak is not in the final, I'd cheer for him. Seems fitting that a Russian woman (under Kazakhstan flag) and a guy who clearly does not respect Wimbledon's traditions (his appearance at press in non-white which is against the rules) are the champions. Tennis doesn't deserve this, but Wimbledon does. No way Norrie and Kyrg would be where they are if Russians, who live in Monaco and Florida and are highly likely against the war, were allowed to play.
Speak for yourself, it's still dumb, heck his "gluten allergy" antics are still as annoying as ever too.

"gluten allergy
Gluten intolerance is an ever-growing problem to be fair, especially in people suffering from Hypothyroidism.

On another note, this is the first time I've seen a Djokovic interview in a long while.

The man appears a shadow of his former self,both on the court and off it.

Gluten intolerance is an ever-growing problem to be fair, especially in people suffering from Hypothyroidism.

On another note, this is the first time I've seen a Djokovic interview in a long while.

It is, but holding a loaf of bread doesn't drain your energy and pretending it does is not helping the issue.

Well done to the folks calling Kyrgios for the final, he’s there now… time to make history, one sense or the other.

In what way he is a shadow of himself? Too skinny or something else?

I think it's a pretty open final. Djokovic well short of his best level throughout the tournament, and Kyrgios has a good record against him and will have had a few days rest. Djokovic clear favourite of course but wouldn't be shocked to see Kyrgios win.

Kyrgios has a good record against Djokovic outside the slams having faced him just twice and beating him twice

Grand Slams are a different beast, a different mentality, Kyrgios is the massive underdog

GS’s is where the big boys play supreme, let’s see if Kyrgios has that gift to get through

Kyrgios has a good record against Djokovic outside the slams having faced him just twice and beating him twice

Grand Slams are a different beast, a different mentality, Kyrgios is the massive underdog

GS’s is where the big boys play supreme, let’s see if Kyrgios has that gift to get through

Yeah Nick's best hope of a major is the next two with no Djokovic & Nadal in US maybe even Australia too.

I like the guy despite all the scandal around him and bad boy image, however his unbeaten sets record is going on Sunday

I want to see Jabeur win but I have no idea why, maybe because she's only normal height and she just seems like she'd be good to be around. Plus there's a bit of me that likes that whole business of first African/ first Arab woman to win things.

Plus, l also have this thing about serving too many aces being a kind of cheating :lol:

First set to Jabeur - broke Rybakina's service twice. Rybakina looked to have started fine, but then lost her way somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.