Summer Transfer Tweets 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that Messi is a bit rubbish up top, doesn't really hurt teams, best play him in midfield.

Linked with West Ham earlier in the window, now off to the Championship (albeit with their manager and the players they're signing, probably only for the one season)

We can't keep claiming to be the biggest club in the world when we can't even sign the best players. Signing Pogba for £100m sends out a statement to the rest of the world. Players will take notice and in future when we get linked with the next superstar, people will be less cynical and pessimistic about our chances of signing them.

Woodward understands the importance of landing a marquee signing. It's not only important for our team, but also to our status and brand value.

Historically we have signed big young players within our own league Robson, Keane, Ince, Cole ,Yorke and emerging young foreign talents like Ruud and Stam. Until Veron we have never really made a marquee signing and the only other one arguably in Fergusons time was Van Persie.

Only the last couple of years we have been making marquee signings like DiMaria, Falcao, Schweinsteiger. I think more producing an exciting, attack minded side would make a statement to the rest of the world, as the last couple of years show us, signing big players and playing crap football doesnt really do anything. Anyway, not meaning to be controversial but it is only really our own fans that think we are the biggest club in the world, we are certainly one of them but Barcelona and Real Madrid are on a different level to anybody else, certainly as a choice of club for players to go to.

So what turned Arfa's game around? Escaping from Newcastle, or the player himself pulling his socks up.

Probably in a happy place, he has always been a great talent. Remember him and Benzema at Lyon were both sublime. I thought he was ok for Newcastle for a while, had a couple of injuries, seemed to fall out with the manager and then sulked and was never the same again. Up until then he always seemed to be on the cusp of being really really good for them.....saying that, greedy sod of a player though

Have I imagined it, or was he heavily linked with Sevilla a few weeks ago when Unai Emery was manager?
He was said to make PSG his priority 2 months ago but Blanc doesn't like him much.

He looked on his way to Seville a few days ago when it was clear Emery was going to Paris but he hadn't received any offers from PSG yet.

Plays on the left, he wouldn't displace Martial anyway.

I'm sure he's dreamt of playing Lokomotiv dog and duck in the Europa League. Sure it would swing things for us. Welcome Neymar :drool:

So he still hasnt signed that contract extension at Barca? The sooner he does the sooner this nonsense ends.

Neymar is probably the biggest name in football. Great for marketing. The price is way over line though. I believe our interest is genuine, but thats a hell of a price.

Neymar is probably the biggest name in football. Great for marketing. The price is way over line though. I believe our interest is genuine, but thats a hell of a price.
Yeah, but we'd sell 18 million shirts in the first week and immediately break even. At least I'm pretty sure that's how big transfers work.

I've already set my eyes on a Ibra shirt this summer and now I have to get a Neymar one also. Ffs the club is fleecing me

No mock up formation yet? Disappointing guys.

Mikhi-----Neymar-----Martial
Zlatan

You're welcome.

Yeah, but we'd sell 18 million shirts in the first week and immediately break even. At least I'm pretty sure that's how big transfers work.

We would break even in the end. He is a world class player and marketable as feck.

Status
Not open for further replies.