Film Suicide Squad (2016)

:lol:

Wait, are you a fan? The caf finally found something about comics we all agreed on man.

Im tempted to say yes haha, but no not really. I dont hate him tbh, but not really a fan. Wouldnt care if he didnt exist haha

New image of the Joker in Suicide Squad:

joker_suicide_squad.png

I've come around to the new look, but more than anything, I'm just excited to see Leto's portrayal. As for this pic, nice combo of expensive looking jacket and Arkham Asylum pants, and the cane is great too.

Don't mind them now, but my god that forehead one is too stupid.
What does it say? I can't make it out.

Also why do they keep supplying the joker with hair dye and make up in prison?

What does it say? I can't make it out.

Also why do they keep supplying the joker with hair dye and make up in prison?

It says Damaged.

And in the comics, the skin and hair colour (and the insanity) are a result of him falling into a vat of chemicals, so that's just what he looks like. Heath Ledger's Joker was the only one I can think of that used makeup for the white look.

It says Damaged.

And in the comics, the skin and hair colour (and the insanity) are a result of him falling into a vat of chemicals, so that's just what he looks like. Heath Ledger's Joker was the only one I can think of that used makeup for the white look.
Ah, fair enough. They're always leaving vats of chemicals and nuclear waste around in these comic books.

It says Damaged.

Actually, comic book Joker doesn't have true origins and it is changed with every new series. The closest was his origin story which was murky at best and he even states that he likes his backstory to be multiple choice.

The latest Joker backstory is absolutely ridiculous though. I feel he is a character that loses something if he is given a defined backstory.

On Leto's Joker, lots of the cast have said that they are in awe of his interpretation. Similar noises to how Ledgers Joker was received by the cast in the last film.

Actually, comic book Joker doesn't have true origins and it is changed with every new series. The closest was his origin story which was murky at best and he even states that he likes his backstory to be multiple choice.

The latest Joker backstory is absolutely ridiculous though. I feel he is a character that loses something if he is given a defined backstory.

On Leto's Joker, lots of the cast have said that they are in awe of his interpretation. Similar noises to how Ledgers Joker was received by the cast in the last film.

Well yeah I'm going off The Killing Joke, which is the closest we get to a Joker origin that I know of.

Well yeah I'm going off The Killing Joke, which is the closest we get to a Joker origin that I know of.
Yeah, I would still question that as the Joker himself even questions that story. In the new 52 comics though they turned him into some mythical figure (Which is fecking ridiculous) that has lived forever.

Yeah, I would still question that as the Joker himself even questions that story. In the new 52 comics though they turned him into some mythical figure (Which is fecking ridiculous) that has lived forever.

I haven't read any Batman since Endgame, but I thought they left it ambiguous, like most Joker stories. Or am I missing something? Is he definitely ancient? Either way, it's just one more probable lie to go with all the others about his origin.

Yeah I read up until the last issue of that arc, and it didn't seem as clear cut as something people think. I agree with you on how murky Joker's "past" is, with lies and confusion all contradicting each other. This is interesting, but it will be just another one in his multiple choice back story.

I'm not an avid reader of the comics, so less invested in the purity of what the Joker should / shouldn't look like.

For me, they have had to do something distinctly different to the image of Ledger's Joker and am excited to see what Leto brings to the role, and think the tattoos add value to the look rather than take away from it.

This movie will probably have a rating of 9 or something in the first few weeks after coming out, so much hype.

I'm not an avid reader of the comics, so less invested in the purity of what the Joker should / shouldn't look like.

For me, they have had to do something distinctly different to the image of Ledger's Joker and am excited to see what Leto brings to the role, and think the tattoos add value to the look rather than take away from it.
Heath Ledgers character wasn't very Joker like in appearance. So I'm not too worried about early appearances and stills. That damaged tattoo on his head is horrible though.

This portrayal just looks to bright and vivid and cartoony for a film. I always prefer the grainy and dark take on superhero films
The Joker is pretty vivid and cartoony though. That's what is great about him, how he is dark and grim whilst still having a comic book feel to him. Also, from the trailers, it seems this Joker is going to do some pretty dark stuff (Torturing somebody to insanity).

The Joker is pretty vivid and cartoony though. That's what is great about him, how he is dark and grim whilst still having a comic book feel to him. Also, from the trailers, it seems this Joker is going to do some pretty dark stuff (Torturing somebody to insanity).

So is every superhero in cartoons. But when they transition to movies they tend to be more (dare I say, given we're talking about people that can fly and shit) lifelike. I'm supposed to be able to take him seriously as a nasty piece of work and I just can't. He just looks like a joke, no pun intended.

I know that I'm probably being unfair to him given Ledger's performance, Ledger was fantastic, and you actually thought him to be an unpredictable psycho. Whenever I see this Joker I just feel like he's trying too hard to the point where I cringe. I hope I'm wrong.

So is every superhero in cartoons. But when they transition to movies they tend to be more (dare I say, given we're talking about people that can fly and shit) lifelike. I'm supposed to be able to take him seriously as a nasty piece of work and I just can't. He just looks like a joke, no pun intended.
Not at all. Batmans adaptation to the big screen has been even more cartoony up until Nolans more realistic take (Remember bat nipples and credit card?). Superman in the comic books has ranged from cheesy to dark depending on which series. Still, not as ridiculous and cheesy as the first movies.

DC comics in general are darker, more grim and 'real' then their movie counterparts and only recently have the films reflected it.

Not at all. Batmans adaptation to the big screen has been even more cartoony up until Nolans more realistic take (Remember bat nipples and credit card?). Superman in the comic books has ranged from cheesy to dark depending on which series. Still, not as ridiculous and cheesy as the first movies.

Yeah but those films are laughed at routinely which is my point. It's not a good thing.

Yeah but those films are laughed at routinely which is my point. It's not a good thing.
Tim Burtons Batman film is considered one of the best, that's probably the closest adaptation in terms of tone and feel. Also, the original Supermen films are well received by most. Besides, the ones that were universally hated were way too cartoony; nothing like the comic books.

That Joker looks like a poorly made Halloween costume. As for those tattoos :lol:Nothing screams messed up pyschopath harder than having 'damaged' stamped on your forehead...

Tim Burtons Batman film is considered one of the best, that's probably the closest adaptation in terms of tone and feel. Also, the original Supermen films are well received by most. Besides, the ones that were universally hated were way too cartoony; nothing like the comic books.

That's my point, this Joker to me is way way too cartoony. Can't take him serious at all, I'll likely just laugh or cringe whenever he tries to be menacing like I did at the trailer. 'I'm gonna hurt you.... real bad.' Yes, I believe you, really.

I like it, its a different take but I am a fan. Also Harley.

That's my point, this Joker to me is way way too cartoony. Can't take him serious at all, I'll likely just laugh or cringe whenever he tries to be menacing like I did at the trailer. 'I'm gonna hurt you.... real bad.' Yes, I believe you, really.
It's not really the look it's the actions... I mean if a guy slits someone's throat in front if you and then smiles... You'll shit yourself regardless of what you thought about his look prior to those actions.

In summary, just wait for the film really...

God, I hate that character name. It's as bad as the escape artist called Scott Free.

To be fair her name is Harleen. Which is only slightly less silly, but in keeping with most names in comics really.

It's not really the look it's the actions... I mean if a guy slits someone's throat in front if you and then smiles... You'll shit yourself regardless of what you thought about his look prior to those actions.

In summary, just wait for the film really...

Not really. If Barney the dinosaur slit someone's throat in a horror film the audience would laugh. The actor has to actually come across as a serious threat and to me he doesn't. To you maybe he does and fair enough but I'm not discussing your opinion here.

Not really. If Barney the dinosaur slit someone's throat in a horror film the audience would laugh. The actor has to actually come across as a serious threat and to me he doesn't. To you maybe he does and fair enough but I'm not discussing your opinion here.
That would be absolutely terrifying mate. A man dressed in a purple dinosaur suit slitting peoples throats. Oh my god!