Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be surprised if he does move to them in the future though. Sensible decision to try and reach his potential at a club where he will be starting every game he is fit for.

Anyone think he's really shot up over the past year? Saw him in the season opener and he looks a good 6ft something, he looked like a little boy not long before. Thought he'd be a creative player in the hole but he looks like he could develop into a Van Persie type eventually.

Anyone think he's really shot up over the past year? Saw him in the season opener and he looks a good 6ft something, he looked like a little boy not long before. Thought he'd be a creative player in the hole but he looks like he could develop into a Van Persie type eventually.

I think he has bulked up more than shot up, he's always been tall but wasn't as built as he is now. Yeah agree with your assesment at the end, could see him playing with his back to goal and using his touch/technique there, rather than deeper as a No 10.

It's the hair. Getting it cut makes him look more manly. Only two players can truly pull that kind of hair cut off.

I wish we signed him just before he injured his knee. (I mean not so he injured it for us)
I've enjoyed his game for quite a few years.

He would be a great midfielder in the Premiership.

Except he's a striker, but when has that ever stopped a redcafe poster from suggesting a player in midfield

Sorry meant to say he'd be great playing as a box to box midfielder. Came out as 'midfielder'.
He generally doesn't play the furthest forward in attack so excuses can be made on his technical role.

He has been class every time I've seen him. Looked bad for him when he did his cruciate, but he came back and was brilliant last season, and has had a prolific start to this season as well. He will be one of the top forwards in European football in 2/3 years.

Sorry meant to say he'd be great playing as a box to box midfielder. Came out as 'midfielder'.
He generally doesn't play the furthest forward in attack so excuses can be made on his technical role.

Actually for the last season and the start of this one he's been the furthest forward striker. Has played with Ljajic off him as well in one match this season.

Was impressed with him yesterday, reminds me of a more technically gifted Rooney in terms of the positions he takes and his general style of play. Wonder where he will end up when he leaves Fiorentina.

He's 23 years old and at a big club in Fiorentina.

I'd be surprised if any deal is in place as Fiorentina have as good a chance of qualifying for the CL next season as Arsenal. If they do qualify I'd expect him to stay another year, though I know nothing. I hope he doesn't feel the need to rush to an elite club just yet, too many players stall their development by joining too early. If he were to leave, somewhere like Arsenal would probably be perfect even if it's hard to see them spending that much.

Why is he still at Fiorentina if he's as good as made out?

Got injured for a lengthy period when he was being linked with big clubs. Then came back and had his best season last season. League winners Juventus were desperate to get him but Fiorentina held out on their price so he's still there. I'm sure he'll be at a better club as soon as the money is right

If he went to Arsenal, he would have no problems walking straight into the starting XI, so in a way, that move would make sense for his development.

He's 23 years old and at a big club in Fiorentina.

I'd be surprised if any deal is in place as Fiorentina have as good a chance of qualifying for the CL next season as Arsenal. If they do qualify I'd expect him to stay another year, though I know nothing. I hope he doesn't feel the need to rush to an elite club just yet, too many players stall their development by joining too early. If he were to leave, somewhere like Arsenal would probably be perfect even if it's hard to see them spending that much.

Got injured for a lengthy period when he was being linked with big clubs. Then came back and had his best season last season. League winners Juventus were desperate to get him but Fiorentina held out on their price so he's still there. I'm sure he'll be at a better club as soon as the money is right

Cool. Any idea what sort of price they'd be asking for him?

I seem to remember a couple of years ago when he tore apart england/liverpool (can't remember which) and it seemed that everyone was after him.

Muppet in the office screaming about him joining arsenal. Apparently will be announced later today.

Not 100% yet, Fiorentina are due to meet Juve to see if they will raise / match the offer made by Arsenal, if not he's probably joining them!

That's from Tancredi Palmeri btw, pretty reliable source when it comes to Italian football.

I have the slightest clue where he's getting his information from. It wouldn't surprise me if it's Twitter.

I think he is ready for the prem. Before he got injured this season the guy was on fire. He was able to set up, score a goal whenever he wanted - seemingly. Really good against England also.

The guy has the physical attribute as well as the technical ones to really play at any club in the Prem. Exciting player, hope he does come to the PL.

I want us to delay all of our signings and have like a quadruple photo shoot. That'd be nice.

Loose-women3.jpg

Would make for a nice signing, no doubt. I didn't think Arsenal would manage to finish top 4 but considering that now they have along with not losing any of their key players this summer and perhaps bolstering their squad, gotta think this could be the most promising season ahead for them in a lonnng time. They'll be the only one in the top 4 without a coaching change and transition to contend with. Gooners finally have something to look forward to

He is not an outright goal scorer, is he? From the little I have seen him, he looks more of a provider than a goal scorer. Is that what Arsenal need? Or is it the best they can get?

Status
Not open for further replies.