Stevan Jovetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he would be a RVP type project for Wenger, turning him from a withdrawn forward to an out-and-out striker.

Piers Morgan isn't happy about this signing at all. Not ambitious enough for him.

I don't think Piers will be happy until Arsenal win 10 back to back titles, and football is turned into a staged exhibition, like the Harlem Globetrotters, where Arsenal always win in the most outrageous of fashions.

It'll be a great buy for Arsenal, I feel he's perfectly suited to the sort of football they play and will be a hit.

Maybe Wenger will be more optimistic and splash the cash now Fergie is gone. Maybe he feels he will have more of a chance now to go for the title. Ourselves and the El Plasticos will be in somewhat of a flux with new managers now might be the time for him to take the shackles off.

Good Jovetic video. It doesn't show a goal of his till about 10 minutes in, but it's a good video to show his all round hold up, link up and creativity. He's a player who has all the tools to be great.

As I said earlier, I think it's time he leaves Serie A. When he was on top form last year, I would watch him and no one could do anything to him.

I can understand what Piers Morgan said in his tweet, 39 goals in 130 odd games is not a great return, despite the fact he can shoot well with both feet. I'm sure he would score a load of goals at Arsenal, and lets face it he is way better than Giroud, Podolski and Walcott. Definitely would improve them.

Wenger loves an attacker who is technically superb even if he is goalshy. Jovetic would be his RVP MK 2 project, he'll develop him with the tools he has into a class player,

How can he not be excited over Jovetic? He'll be the best signing Arsenal have made in years.

I'm not so sure he'd be played up top either when They've spent most of the year trying to bed in Giroud. He was looking to be a decent buy as the season progressed after a pretty bad start.

I saw Jovetic play in Toronto a few years back. Amazing player. I'd absolutely love him at United.

This supposedly isn't going to happen now.

That said, Wenger claimed he didn't know who Cazorla was last year.

Would be really impressed if you got Jovetic, but I was also impressed you got Cazorla. He's a step up though imo due to his age.

Would be really impressed if you got Jovetic, but I was also impressed you got Cazorla. He's a step up though imo due to his age.

We have the money. We're currently the better team. It makes sense, but we know that Arsenal are hardly legendary at closing deals.

Remember how good he was in fm2008?

There is some Italian Journalist on twitter claiming we have made an inquiry into his availablity. May be a ploy to force Juve or Arsenal's hand into upping their offer.

I know he has a tremendous reputation as a fabulous player with a lot of potential. If credible, where would he fit into the line-up?

There is some Italian Journalist on twitter claiming we have made an inquiry into his availablity. May be a ploy to force Juve or Arsenal's hand into upping their offer.

I know he has a tremendous reputation as a fabulous player with a lot of potential. If credible, where would he fit into the line-up?

Ronaldo and Jovetic to replace Young and Valencia.

Can't think of a better replacement for Rooney

His alround game would be a perfect replacement for Rooney. Would be an excellent signing either way. Hope the rumours are true.

I don't think he's anything special but he would do ok here. Don't think it's true though, only last week we apparently wanted Ljajic according to the same italian media.

Well maybe we want someone from Florence.

Apparently Chelsea is his desired location. Do the caffers rate him much? 23 m seems excessive.

Well depends what you believe. The English paper is saying Chelsea the Italian paper is saying United.

£23m sounds about right considering his age.

His desired location isn't Chelsea. He wants to go to Juventus and he will if they want him there. However, La Viola would rather sell him abroad than to their Italian rivals and hence United and Chelsea are being touted as possible destinations.

Apparently Chelsea is his desired location. Do the caffers rate him much? 23 m seems excessive.

In Chelsea's case then Roman pays, so why would you worry? It's not like you have budget to keep to.

haven't heard anything of the sort (Chelsea being his preffered choice), and honestly for a player of Jovetič's talent and potential 23 really isn't excessive.

Running out of top strikers to target. With Falcao gone and Lewandowski being set on Bayern, there's only really Cavani left before you stretch out further.

23m seems reasonable given age and quality to me.

I really do not think in today's transfer market that £23m is excessive for Jovetic.

I agree. He's one of the best in Europe atm, so £23m, would be a steal if you take into consideration some of the transfer fees for Jamie and others, who are not as gifted as Jovetic, IMO.

If it were not for his knee injury a couple seasons back he would have most likely already have left for a bigger team.

It's a shame we didn't move when we were linked with him all those years back before he left for Fiorentina.

I remember watching him tear Liverpool a new one some years ago. That's pretty much all I've seen of him. Arsenal are being linked with some good players this summer though. Read some things about a possible move for higuin as well. Obviously it could all be nonsense.

Running out of top strikers to target. With Falcao gone and Lewandowski being set on Bayern, there's only really Cavani left before you stretch out further.

23m seems reasonable given age and quality to me.

I think Mourinho will go for a different type of forward - someone who can lead the line like he had with Drogba.

Jovetic seems to be wanted by Juventus, and reports that he wants to go there. Could see that happening.

I think Mourinho will go for a different type of forward - someone who can lead the line like he had with Drogba.

Jovetic seems to be wanted by Juventus, and reports that he wants to go there. Could see that happening.

Well apparently Mourinho is after Dzeko which would support your theory.

£23m excessive for Jovetic? You're mad.

£23m is a steal if that's his actual going price. Good player with room for improvement and is only what? 23? 24?

Status
Not open for further replies.