Television Star Trek

Finished my rewatch of TNG, even found a few eps that I had not watched.
There were more filler eps than I remember and a few I could not watch, but overall, still excellent.

I may rewatch TNG at some point. The only downside is I would get bored with some of the holodeck episodes involving the likes of Sherlock Holmes et al.

Re watched season 1 of Picard and I enjoyed it ore the second time, season 2 now, it was pretty average when I watched it the first time, let's see if I enjoy it more the second time round.

Picard 1 was fantastic imo. Season 2 was filmed during lockdown, which is why they ended up in present day LA, so they could shoot outdoors. Season 3 was ok, but the entire series sort of went out with a wimper. Stewart's aging voice was also quite annoying in contrast to his TNG voice.

Picard 1 was fantastic imo. Season 2 was filmed during lockdown, which is why they ended up in present day LA, so they could shoot outdoors. Season 3 was ok, but the entire series sort of went out with a wimper. Stewart's aging voice was also quite annoying in contrast to his TNG voice.

Season 3 was the best by a million miles, if slightly predictable. Season 1 was meh and season 2 a derivative mess. Strange New Worlds beats all of them for my money.

Agree season 1 was fantastic, going into season 2 with an open mind, it might be better second time round.

I'll go the opposite way. I thought S3 was crap, just a bunch of fan service with a forgetable storyline. Just generally an unwatchable show for me. I didn't think much of S1 either, not even Jeri Ryan could rescue it.

I'll go the opposite way. I thought S3 was crap, just a bunch of fan service with a forgetable storyline.
Literally all I wanted. For fresh stories there are way better scifi shows out there. Better Trek shows for that matter. It was well executed fan service which isn't as easy as it looks (see Rings of Power).

I'll go the opposite way. I thought S3 was crap, just a bunch of fan service with a forgetable storyline. Just generally an unwatchable show for me. I didn't think much of S1 either, not even Jeri Ryan could rescue it.

Agreed on S3. I didn't particularly care for seeing ancient versions of all the old cast members. They could've used them as cameos such as they did with Riker and Troi in S2, then proceeded with a normal story.

S1 was fresh and had a great season arc imo. The ending of S1 E1 that revealed the giant cube gave me goosebumps.

I've finished Season 2, and I must admit, I didn't hate it.
I've always enjoyed the characters Q and Guinan.
Seven and the others performed well, despite the script being average at best.
I liked the use of music from throughout the Star Trek timeline
There were moments that were very good, others merely good, and some that were bad or dreadful, but the last episode was executed well.
Wesley Crusher, beyond dreadful !!

Finished Season 3 of Picard and I still think its brillant.
Was it just a Final season of the TNG , yeah of course it was , but how else where that going to finish Picard, other than with the crew of the Enterprise D, saving the Galaxy one more time and ending the Borg.
I thought the storyline was good, I did not mind that most of them were old and grey, there was everything you would want from Star Trek, I though the last 2 eps were some of the best Trek.
I think there is scope for more Trek with Enterprise G and Captain 7.
The ending round the Poker Table was the only way it could have ended and Q , they cant leave it like that.
for me it ended TNG and Picard series perfectly , I know quite a few on here do not agree with me and that fine.

Last edited:
I'm just on to season 3 of Enterprise, which has been better than expected. One thing stands out though. They clearly had complaints about the power ballad theme tune and, while it was good of them to respond to that criticism, they decided to make it country music instead. I do wonder if historians will look back and see this as the point that marks the beginning of the end of civilisation as we know it to be.