SilentWitness

Has a Dutch member.
Staff
Supports
Everton
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cevwgqz0x41t

Police commissioner confirms arrest
14:01​

We're hearing from Merseyside police commissioner Emily Spurrell now, who says a man has been arrested following reports of a stabbing in Southport this morning.
"An arrest has been made and there is no wider risk to the public," she says in a post on X.
"I would urge people to be careful about what they share online and not to speculate about this incident. Official updates will follow shortly," she adds.

6 or 7 young girls according to a witness.

Brave.

Been sirens and helicopters everywhere since midday. Still got a helicopter flying around as I type this. Lots of rumours flying around but concensus that the incident occurred in a holiday club for kids on Hart Street. There was a Taylor Swift themed yoga event for little girls there between 10-12 this morning.

Loads of horrible people speculating on the religion and ethnicity of the perpetrator and not caring about the victims.

Just a damn shame armed police did not shoot to kill. The ba*tard has killed children.

Been sirens and helicopters everywhere since midday. Still got a helicopter flying around as I type this. Lots of rumours flying around but concensus that the incident occurred in a holiday club for kids on Hart Street. There was a Taylor Swift themed yoga event for little girls there between 10-12 this morning.

Loads of horrible people speculating on the religion and ethnicity of the perpetrator and not caring about the victims.
Pathetically predictable.

This sounds horrific. Very upsetting to hear.

Here's what we know so farpublished at 14:31
14:31

It's a fast-moving situation and we are waiting for further details to be confirmed. Here's what we know so far:

• Multiple victims were stabbed on Hart Street, Southport, at around 11:50 BST
  • A man has has been arrested and there is no wider threat to the public, police say
  • The North West Ambulance Service says paramedics treated at least eight victims with stab injuries
  • A major incident has been declared at Alder Hey Children's Hospital – although details about the victims have not been confirmed
  • Some of those stabbed were also transported to Aintree University Hospital and Southport and Formby Hospital

Talk surfacing the alleged attacker was a teenager - That's terrifying.

Thoughts are with the parents and hope the remaining seven pull through, horrific news.

Picture going round of the alleged attacker now on X probably isn't sensible to put that out there, never know if it's rubbish or not but like you I care more about the family than what the guy looked like.

A witness working on a nearby house during the tragic stabbing incident in Southport has shared harrowing details of the event. Speaking to Liverpool Echo reporter Paddy Edrich, the man described the scene as chaotic and deeply distressing."I heard the kids playing and then I heard swearing and shouting. I came outside to see what was happening - I thought it was a fight," he recounted. "I’ve heard two different screams and mothers crying. These things will live with you forever."The major incident occurred at a Taylor Swift-themed dance workshop for primary school children at The Hart Space. Multiple children were injured, with at least one fatality confirmed. North West Ambulance Service has transported the injured to various hospitals, including Alder Hey Children's Hospital.Emergency services, including armed police, responded swiftly to the scene. A man has been arrested, and police have urged the public to avoid the area and refrain from spreading unconfirmed information.The mayor of Liverpool City Region, Steve Rotheram, has also urged the public to wait for official updates and avoid sharing unverified details that could lead to further panic and confusion.Authorities continue to investigate the incident, and a press conference is expected to provide more information.

Picture going round of the alleged attacker now on X probably isn't sensible to put that out there, never know if it's rubbish or not but like you I care more about the family than what the guy looked like.
Twitter is a fecking cesspit at times like this. Best to just not be on it.

If it's the picture of the bloke in sunglasses then it's not him, that was from an incident in France.

horrific event. as a parent, i cant even begin to imagine having to deal with something like that.
at the same time, all the usual suspects on twitter are practically salivating at the prospect of it being an immigrant / refugee / muslim.

horrific event. as a parent, i cant even begin to imagine having to deal with something like that.
at the same time, all the usual suspects on twitter are practically salivating at the prospect of it being an immigrant / refugee / muslim.
It took me two clicks to find an account doing just that, who in his bio proudly states he's a white supremacist. Scrolling down like 3 posts he's retweeting a pro-Nazi account. Just the fecking pits.

Horrific. Some people do make compelling cases for the death penalty through their actions.

Horrific. Some people do make compelling cases for the death penalty through their actions.
Death penalty is too good for them. A bit of fear and then peace.

I'd tie people like this up in a shit-infested windowless room alone. Each day cutting off a different body part bit by bit until they only have left what they need to be alive. Cut out their eyes, cut off their nose and cut out their tongue. Keep their ears just so they can hear the footsteps coming each day for a new torture. Keeping them alive by feeding them cat shit. And let them go crazy though solitary confinement before eventually letting them starve to death after years of hell

I'd tie people like this up in a shit-infested windowless room alone. Each day cutting off a different body part bit by bit until they only have left what they need to be alive. Cut out their eyes, cut off their nose and cut out their tongue. Keep their ears just so they can hear the footsteps coming each day for a new torture. Keeping them alive by feeding them cat shit. And let them go crazy though solitary confinement before eventually letting them starve to death after years of hell
Oh

Why does it feel like you have thought about this before?

Don’t suppose anyone would have an issue with this cnut getting a boot to the head of a copper - or would they?

Was this hard to type with one hand?