Smashley Young

Right so, this is pointless as you'll disagree on them all for the sake of your argument.

Alan Smith good enough for that England team? fecking hell

Young isn't have a good game. But then who is? Rooney has been pretty poor. Not sure why Welbeck was taken off, he was one of our best players.

Right so, this is pointless as you'll disagree on them all for the sake of your argument.

Alan Smith good enough for that England team? fecking hell

It's my opinion. Not in the best England teams ever but good enough for the one at the time. Anyway how are you deciding international quality? Is David Healey international quality? How about Aiden McGeady? How about the Azerbaijan semi pro who is a full time carpenter?

He's been absolutely woeful all tournament. I mean, genuinely shit, like a pub league footballer. The only thing he did of note tonight was dive a couple of times.

He's been shit all tournament, deserves criticism. Shouldn't have been on the pitch, fecking useless in every game.

He's been unbelievably poor all tournament, for me he is one dimensional!!

Was inevitable that it would happen tonight. He was shocking and his penalty was poor.

Thing is I really am not that bothered with him missing the penalty. But he's such a shit player sometimes. I just can't bring myself to like him as a footballer. Very unintelligent.

I base it on a specific country and their reputation, resources etc. You?

But by that logic you get the anomaly players like George Best who never really had the opportunity to perform on the big stage but I wouldnt doubt he is international quality. I think the notion of international class is flawed as there is such a huge gulf between the best and the worst. If I were to follow your logic then I would say that based on how good England are (and not perceived to be) that Young is good enough for england

Feel sorry for him. He was alright against France but poor every other match and he'll probably get slated.

He does a very good job of being invisible. For about half of the game i didn't even know he was playing, and when he did actually have the ball he gave it away. Shocking, oh and so was his dive to get that dirty Italian booked

Feel sorry for him. He was alright against France but poor every other match and he'll probably get slated.

He has a poor tournament.

However, the fact is this:

He did enough in the qualifiers to justify his place in this team.

Ashley Young was no worse than the rest of the England squad bar maybe one or two. All have been poor.

But by that logic you get the anomaly players like George Best who never really had the opportunity to perform on the big stage but I wouldnt doubt he is international quality. I think the notion of international class is flawed as there is such a huge gulf between the best and the worst. If I were to follow your logic then I would say that based on how good England are (and not perceived to be) that Young is good enough for england

Going in circles. I never said he wasn't good enough for that England team

Watching him week in week out, you all should know he's not a world class player. He's just there. And to perform in a tournament like the Euros, you have to consistently do world class shit. Young is not capable of that, so get off his balls and leave him in peace. Blame the guy who's supposed to be world class.

Watching him week in week out, you all should know he's not a world class player. He's just there. And to perform in a tournament like the Euros, you have to consistently do world class shit. Young is not capable of that, so get off his balls and leave him in peace. Blame the guy who's supposed to be world class.

I agree, he is not world class. He's the 3rd best winger at United.

Get fecked with that. He's been shit for England and not much better for United.

Young has been way way better for us.

The thing with Young is that he needs quick football when his team is on top ,to perform well. He can then run with the ball, use his pace and also put in a few crosses.

Otherwise he looks out of his depth.

What were you expecting? You hardly thought he'd be as good as Nani or Valencia? It's pretty clear he isn't as good as them.

A winger who could dribble?

What were you expecting?

He cost as much as Valencia and has a higher wage, so it isn't outrageous to expect a similar contribution, but we got nothing off the sort.

Going in circles. I never said he wasn't good enough for that England team

I know what you're getting at you know what I'm getting at let's call it a truce. I think we have both been guilty of misinterpreting what the other has said and we could go on and on all night :lol: